Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Thats because people can't speak their mind without someone else getting their panties in a bunch.

Real talk

It is Saturday, 48 hours of pure commando.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DSUP View Post
    I bet this thread doesn't make it past the second page.
    ---

You might be wrong on that. Cowboy Biker asked me to be this thread's resident grammarian, so if I don't loose it with all the buthurt feelings going on, dis here tred might not be lockked.

"Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by XtremeOCD View Post
    XtremeOCD

My biggest issue with the topic of Religion is how people who don't believe in God love to disrespect those that do believe in Him and call them stupid etc like they are all defensive rather than offer people some form of courtesy or respect for living their lives the way they want to.
    ---

I just chose to reply to the section which seemed most relevant to me. This kind of thinking works both ways. There are more than just a few individuals who do believe in a God (of their religion, that is) and who disrespect those who do not or who believe differently. It also seems that there are some Christians who love to disparage others who don't believe as they do. So you have all these different religions and believers and non-believers dissing each other. It ain't just one side dissing the other while the latter turns the other cheek. Like I said, it works both ways.

Have a happy holiday season. (srs)
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    John, I did not help the thread. However, IMO there were a couple of guys who disrespected your thread and posted just to incite and inflame, versus the real-talk that you intended. My original post on page 1 was very diplomatic in respect.

DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000)
    More real talk
    I think the government should be more focused on the health and well being(Yup, Social healthcare) of the their own citizens and less about the citizens of other countries.
    I also think that the news should only be allowed to focus on only the facts and supply resources and not personal opinions or agendas.
    I think that white collar crimes should carry more punishments that include mandatory imprisonment.

I will post more later
    Never under estimate the power of stupidity

D-SUP,

You lose.

Spread dem greenz, mang!

thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    X-mas?
    ------The word "Christ" and its compounds, including "Christmas", have been abbreviated in English for at least the past 1,000 years, long before the modern "Xmas" was commonly used. "Christ" was often written as "Xρ" or "Xt"; there are references in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle as far back as 1021. This X and P arose as the uppercase forms of the Greek letters χ (Ch) and ρ (R) used in ancient abbreviations for Χριστος (Greek for "Christ"),[2] and are still widely seen in many Eastern Orthodox icons depicting Jesus Christ. The labarum, an amalgamation of the two Greek letters rendered as ☧, is a symbol often used to represent Christ in Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox Christian Churches.[19]
    The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) and the OED Supplement have cited usages of "X-" or "Xp-" for "Christ-" as early as 1485. The terms "Xtian" and less commonly "Xpian" have also been used for "Christian". The OED further cites usage of "Xtianity" for "Christianity" from 1634.[2] According to Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage, most of the evidence for these words comes from "educated Englishmen who knew their Greek".[11]
    In ancient Christian art, χ and χρ are abbreviations for Christ's name.[20] In many manuscripts of the New Testament and icons, Χ is an abbreviation for Χριστος,[21] as is XC (the first and last letters in Greek, using the lunate sigma);[22] compare IC for Jesus in Greek.

Merry Christmas :} and were always good just an interesting FYI
    John 4:20

Romans 12 :2

Ephesiens 6:13

"The Lord is my rock,my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom shall I take refuge"

Too injured to lift crew XtremeOCD's Avatar
    XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    ---

I just chose to reply to the section which seemed most relevant to me. This kind of thinking works both ways. There are more than just a few individuals who do believe in a God (of their religion, that is) and who disrespect those who do not or who believe differently. It also seems that there are some Christians who love to disparage others who don't believe as they do. So you have all these different religions and believers and non-believers dissing each other. It ain't just one side dissing the other while the latter turns the other cheek. Like I said, it works both ways.

Have a happy holiday season. (srs)

You too man...And I agree. It does go both way. "Real" Christians though who try to maintain a "Christ like" character as seen in what we would call the Bible, should not disrespect anyone, but maybe rather encourage. So many different ideas and thoughts on religion though which like politics is a tough topic to debate. It's like beating a dead horse sometimes.
    My Bahamian Photo Album <'))><
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143862181

Feb 2017
    Lumbar fusion (anterior and posterior approach)
    7 incisions
    10 screws
    2 rods
    2 peak cages
    Titanium plate

DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000) DaddyJax is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wish people a happy Winter Solstice, just to rustle their jimmies
    Never under estimate the power of stupidity

CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    People will use absolutely any angle they can to push their agenda.

Real talk
    ***TEAM REDRAIDER86***
    ***MY WELL WISHES TO ALL BATTLING ILLNESS OR ADDICTION***

not quite... domesticated justboo2u's Avatar
    justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by thomashenry View Post
    ------The word "Christ" and its compounds, including "Christmas", have been abbreviated in English for at least the past 1,000 years, long before the modern "Xmas" was commonly used... just an interesting FYI
    That falls under the 'nice to know' there, Mr H (and I had heard some of it before)...

but

I consider X-mas lazy... if I cant spell out Christmas I dont write it.
    ... and since Holidays uses up almost the same number of letters... I tend to reserve it for those who I know are of other faiths.

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think use of the term "Holidays" is twofold:

1. To refer to the time period between the U.S. Thanksgiving and Christmas and all celebrations that occur during that time period.

2. To refer to the time period between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day, and all celebrations that occur during that time period. For many people I know, both Canadian and American, companies "shut down" and give employees those days in between off. That makes for a nice little vacation from work, which many refer to as "The Holidays".

I am not offended when someone says Happy Holidays. I find Christmas & New Years, and the weeks leading up to Christmas are busy and social for many. Dinner parties with friends, office Christmas parties, family parties, school Christmas pageants, so many fun affairs - doesn't that sum up the term "holidays"?

I know that when I see my sister Daisy tomorrow, she will hug me and squeal "Festive Greetings, Vivvie!" Inevitably, if I wish her "Festive Greetings" first, she always replies with "And to you and up yours!" lol... absolutely no offence taken. She's bonkers but I love her death!
    No drama: You know where we are.

Hello and welcome to our newest member jackbauer.

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Since my mom passed 31 years ago I have had to fight with myself to live thru the holidays... 'rebounding' after the new year. With 4 years worth of chemo gone I look forward to a stem-cell bone marrow transplant beginning in January.
    Not exactly a 'light at the end of the tunnel', but my innate positive nature will not allow this year to be the last.

Real talk

LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by justboo2u View Post
    Since my mom passed 31 years ago I have had to fight with myself to live thru the holidays... 'rebounding' after the new year. With 4 years worth of chemo gone I look forward to a stem-cell bone marrow transplant beginning in January.
    Not exactly a 'light at the end of the tunnel', but my innate positive nature will not allow this year to be the last.

Real talk
    Sorry about your Mom. You keep fighting the good fight.

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ---

You might be wrong on that. Cowboy Biker asked me to be this thread's resident grammarian, so if I don't loose it with all the buthurt feelings going on, dis here tred might not be lockked.

Oh the irony

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Phattso View Post
    John, I did not help the thread. However, IMO there were a couple of guys who disrespected your thread and posted just to incite and inflame, versus the real-talk that you intended. My original post on page 1 was very diplomatic in respect.
    Nah man don't sweat it, its all good some people just can't read/hear someone's else's opinion and even though they don't agree, keep it moving. It is in thier nature to argue, to be heard, to be right in thier minds no matter what. Like I said earlier the thread was for real talk, what one believes in thier heart, to keep shiiit real, in what one believes. Never did I say what one says would be factual. But as I said it is all good man, REAL TALK
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by LisaSkinnoble View Post
    Sorry about your Mom. You keep fighting the good fight.
    Thank you.
    Actually I fear that GuyJin will help me with seppuku (sp) if I dont finish story Ive been writing... and the transplant is a most excellent opportunity to have the time! I may not have employment after the fact tho, if they truly demand that I take a year off work after it...

That first year my friends and his parents came to the house for Christmas dinner... and it was February before I did the dishes...
    (Of course never bothering to clear the sink clog probably had SOMETHING to do with it...) ... and it has been uphill from there!
    Last edited by justboo2u; 12-21-2013 at 07:17 PM.

thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tomnationwide View Post
    **** Christianity.

But I'll take presents without acknowledging Jesus.

This is real talk, OK. Do you know how profoundly Terrible that sounds, to Publicly declare something that even most who wrestle with, debate upon or don`t believe, not too mention those who do Believe, I generally don`t ever hear anyone say something so foul IMO, to say something such as that, your lack of Moral clarity, lack of judgement is that of an adolescent, no discernment or moral compass, not a grown man, and please don`t mistake me as some over sensitive politically correct baby, I am certain I am not and a few around here can probably vouch for that, I know I don`t please some, and not that I am better than, and I however am prone to shoot my mouth off, However I think also, I am Man enough that when wrong have apologized, whether publicly or privately, not that I am asking you to do anything, you seem to have a grasp on something I want nothing to do with which is fine with me, if we never speak again I guess thats how it will be, no sweat, Your blatant disregard and your public declaration reminds of the Story of When Jesus Crossed the Sea of Galillee to the Decapolis to ask ONE Man his Name ----------------------------------Jesus Restores a Demon-Possessed Man

5 They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes.[a] 2 When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an impure spirit came from the tombs to meet him. 3 This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain. 4 For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. 5 Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.

6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7 He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!” 8 For Jesus had said to him, “Come out of this man, you impure spirit!”

9 Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”

Imagine that, Jesus asked the Man his Name

Eventus stultorum magister.

I assure you the Only thing I can do & Will do is Pray for you, " not wishing that any should perish"--------Merry Christmas
    Last edited by thomashenry; 12-21-2013 at 07:42 PM.

"The Lord is my rock,my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom shall I take refuge"

Originally Posted by BubsNBean View Post
    Oh the irony
    ---

Its something that only CBB will appreciate.

Originally Posted by guyjin View Post
    ---

its something that only cbb will appreciate.

WORNG!!!!

asdf

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ---

Its something that only CBB will appreciate.
    I'm quite certain I'm not the only one.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Real talk
    Boo, I am sorry your having to struggle with your disease, your ever need to talk man let me know, Honestly

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think use of the term "Holidays" is twofold:

1. To refer to the time period between the U.S. Thanksgiving and Christmas and all celebrations that occur during that time period.

2. To refer to the time period between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day, and all celebrations that occur during that time period. For many people I know, both Canadian and American, companies "shut down" and give employees those days in between off. That makes for a nice little vacation from work, which many refer to as "The Holidays".

I am not offended when someone says Happy Holidays. I find Christmas & New Years, and the weeks leading up to Christmas are busy and social for many. Dinner parties with friends, office Christmas parties, family parties, school Christmas pageants, so many fun affairs - doesn't that sum up the term "holidays"?

I know that when I see my sister Daisy tomorrow, she will hug me and squeal "Festive Greetings, Vivvie!" Inevitably, if I wish her "Festive Greetings" first, she always replies with "And to you and up yours!" lol... absolutely no offence taken. She's bonkers but I love her death!
    In French, we greet each other with "Bonne Fêtes" during this season, which basically means good parties or good celebrations.

My family is pretty multicultural so I'm down with celebrating every beliefs, customs and special days during this season starting today with the solstice to Hogmanay, New Year and the Fêtes des Rois.

More cheers and less fighting --- real talk
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

Originally Posted by mcbourque View Post
    In French, we greet each other with "Bonne Fêtes" during this season, which basically means good parties or good celebrations.

My family is pretty multicultural so I'm down with celebrating every beliefs, customs and special days during this season starting today with the solstice to Hogmanay, New Year and the Fêtes des Rois.

More cheers and less fighting --- real talk
    Et bonne année!

Do you have tourtierre on Christmas Eve?

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Et bonne année!

Do you have tourtierre on Christmas Eve?
    Bonne Année to you too

Yes I make tourtière every single year along with baked beans. Except this year because we are going to the sun for Christmas. Sooo good though, I will miss it!
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    TomNation and Boo, I apologize for my comments. They were directed at your individual comments and not at you personally. You both bring your own values to the forum and it is appreciated.

Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas, whichever you prefer, to both of you.

Bonne Année to the French and Canadians
    Last edited by Phattso; 12-21-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Originally Posted by Phattso View Post
    Tom and Boo, I apologize for my comments. They were directed at your individual comments and not at you personally. You both bring your own values to the forum and it is appreciated.

Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas, whichever you prefer, to both of you.

Bonne Année to the French and Canadians

Ok.

... and Joyeux Noël to you too.
    Last edited by justboo2u; 12-21-2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: didnt work... :( Fixed!!! Thx! :D

Ok.

... and Joyeux Noel to you too. (I dont know how to do the 'e'...)
    If you have a number keypad, you hit Fn+Alt+137

I keep my keyboard on English, and use the keyboard shortcuts for accents.

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Real Talk:

Believe this country is going straight down the crapper with everyone's addiction to TV, Internet, and social media. So much time any energy completely wasted. Life is a goddamn one way street and most of the country is pishing it away day by day. Get out there and frickin live your life. Quit debating topics on online forums, you ain't gonna frickin convert anyone, so quit cluttering up this decent thread.

Quit following other people's drama. Whether it be sports, Hollywood, or some dumbass cable tv show. You're wasting your life on this crap and filth. Walking dead? Its a stinking soap opera with a better storyline than general hospital, but its still eating hours and hours of your dwindling life.

Learn something for the sake of self improvement. The <25 crowd seems to have no ability to absorb knowledge. And its spreading through the older generations with pandemic implications. Yes, Google might have a quick answer, but the search for knowledge is far more valuable than being spoonfed something that may be a blatent LIE.

And enjoy life. You only get one shot at it. Make the most of what you're given. Find contentment in where you're at and strive for where you want to be.

Everyone else. Frick 'em. They ain't you.

Bodyhard, thanks. I like this thread. Would like it more without potatoes derailing to argue for the dummass sake of arguing. They don't understand and can't see past the end of their nose that this thread wasn't an invitation for their crusades and agendas. Potatoes just being frickin potatoes. Frick 'em.

If you have a number keypad, you hit Fn+Alt+137

I keep my keyboard on English, and use the keyboard shortcuts for accents.
    Would you be so kind as to post one so that I can copypasta? My 'amuricun' keyboard apparently aint that brite!

EDIT:

THANK YOU!!!
    Mercy Bowcoop!
    Last edited by justboo2u; 12-21-2013 at 09:05 PM.