Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yo Chad, I was just browsing your profile. Here is what you say about your belly pic.
    BEFORE PICTURE ON APRIL 9TH 2012
    Yeah a bit exaggerated belly sticking out
    POSE: Other
    WEIGHT: -- Lbs.
    BODY FAT: --%
    DATE TAKEN: Apr 9, 2012

CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Wow dude....get real.
    This is another example (and happens to be mine). This was my 11 week transformation (and 'nattie' since you feel the need to put that in there as well).
    ID, didn't you have to give up "natty" status for health reasons?

willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ok thank you.
    ".......have you paid your dues Jack?"
    "Yes Sir, the check is in the mail."

soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    First one to admit I was letting it all hang out. Anyone else need some help for the contest go ahead and pm me
    Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    Yo Chad, I was just browsing your profile. Here is what you say about your belly pic.
    BEFORE PICTURE ON APRIL 9TH 2012
    Yeah a bit exaggerated belly sticking out
    POSE: Other
    WEIGHT: -- Lbs.
    BODY FAT: --%
    DATE TAKEN: Apr 9, 2012
    Bodybuilding Is The Closest Thing We Have To The Fountain Of Youth. Lee Labrada

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    ID, didn't you have to give up "natty" status for health reasons?
    Yes. Those pics were when I first returned to the gym. It was not until quite a while after that when I finally figured out I had some issues. Obviously the issues did not prevent me from getting back "in shape"....which is why I am so puzzled all the time when guys think they need HRT to put on mass or lose fat. Hell, I was hypo-thyroid and low-t the whole time (both pituitary stimulated hormones which suffered damage in an accident in 09 that I did not know till later).

Anyway....back on topic.

For those that attempt these things, do it for your self (and a good kickstart towards a new direction). If you have been training any good while and maintaining good body comp, your chances of winning are slim. These contests favor those who's biggest issue is fat loss.

Now the guys in the best position, are those that are a little fat, and been out of the gym for several years (while having put on good mass in the past). THOSE are the unbelievable muscle memory transformations that can surly take the title.

When I have mentioned my stats from that time of what my fat loss and LBM gain was in those 11 weeks, people think I am smoking crack.(something like 35lb fat loss and almost 15lb lean mass gain...totally SRS )...but it can be done if you are in the right place for it. Kind of like the perfect storm. My ship has long since sailed and about the only thing I can change in 12 weeks is just a simple cut.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you ID for getting this thread back on track.

For a tall person with a large frame like myself, what is a good body fat % to shoot for? I have no concern for visible abs, but would someday like to take my shirt off at the beach without scaring the children. Army has a max of 18% bodyfat, so I am thinking if I could get below 20% that would be good.

I found there will be a mobile hydrostatic weighing event near me on January 4th. Going to do that and see how close that number is to the Navy weight/measuring tape method is.

was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This looks pretty awesome to just be involved in, I haven't read all the details yet. A few questions though if someone could answer.
    Do you have to take measurements?
    Is body fat recording required ? Is it okay to use a machine or is it calipers etc. if required?
    Is it free to enter and for the bodyspace part of the site, any hidden costs?
    "Life is like a cup of tea, it's all in how you make it". (Irish proverb)

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by was strong View Post
    This looks pretty awesome to just be involved in, I haven't read all the details yet. A few questions though if someone could answer.
    Do you have to take measurements?
    Is body fat recording required ? Is it okay to use a machine or is it calipers etc. if required?
    Is it free to enter and for the bodyspace part of the site, any hidden costs?
    No to measurements, body fat as requirements these would be optional. No hidden costs. Before and after pics in compliance with the rules, and a final essay are the main requirements. There is no cost for the use of bodyspace.

Originally Posted by hammerfelt View Post

For a tall person with a large frame like myself, what is a good body fat % to shoot for? I have no concern for visible abs, but would someday like to take my shirt off at the beach without scaring the children. Army has a max of 18% bodyfat, so I am thinking if I could get below 20% that would be good.

I found there will be a mobile hydrostatic weighing event near me on January 4th. Going to do that and see how close that number is to the Navy weight/measuring tape method is.
    15-20% range should be attainable without too much trouble for most men. That is not a "ripped" look obviously.
    Last edited by EjnarKolinkar; 12-26-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks EK, looks killa and I am all in then!!
    "Life is like a cup of tea, it's all in how you make it". (Irish proverb)

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hammerfelt View Post

HF

Just my opinion but screw BF% and just go by what you want to look like. (as long as it is within a healthy range). I do track BF, but mostly as a metric to know I am heading in the right direction when I set a goal. I could care less what the number is, but I watch skinfolds and waist circumference. The latter will change much quicker and for most men, is good enough to see if you have set your cals right. For a big guy, you will have A LOT of visceral fat to lose. That wont show up in a skinfold, but will show easily with a tape.

The way I would do it is to take my waist circumference once a week on the same day. I would do it after rising and 'emptying'. I take it lying down as when you are standing, any flexion of your abs will change the measurement. It is impossible to stand upright without some sort of ab flex. I found that measuring relaxed on my back gave me very accurate and repeatable results. Again, I think for most guys, this is all you need to do.

No real point in getting hydro or even a DEXA done unless a specific number means something to you.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In...good motivation to hit my first contest in May.
    Dave

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can use one of their plans or make one yourself. I made mine.

I don't have month 3 completely filled out yet, but I got a good start on it.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/co...lan/hammerfelt

J_D828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_D828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_D828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_D828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_D828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_D828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_D828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_D828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_D828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_D828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_D828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have registered and will be posting my Dymatize 100k journey in the motivation section, i have not posted in a forum since the first "I am Juggernaut", competition, will be posting motivation, my workouts, silliness and and seriousness too, but mostly mainly fun, hope to get to meet a lot of new people, and to follow others in there journey, and hopefully re-connect with old friends from there.
    "PRIMUM NON NOCERE"

ricktbaker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricktbaker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricktbaker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricktbaker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricktbaker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricktbaker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricktbaker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricktbaker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricktbaker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricktbaker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricktbaker has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    The way I would do it is to take my waist circumference once a week on the same day. I would do it after rising and 'emptying'. I take it lying down as when you are standing, any flexion of your abs will change the measurement. It is impossible to stand upright without some sort of ab flex. I found that measuring relaxed on my back gave me very accurate and repeatable results. Again, I think for most guys, this is all you need to do.

No real point in getting hydro or even a DEXA done unless a specific number means something to you.
    Not sure how I missed this post, but this is great advice! I have a pair of calipers but I'm still learning how to use them properly for correct / consistent readings. But overall I'm not too concerned with my actual BF %, just wanting to make sure things are moving in the right direction.
    My Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158655383