Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    www.thehealthygamer.com AntiGlobalist's Avatar
    AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bothang View Post
    In will try my best. My writing skills have severely weakened since i left university
    Yeah brah do your best. I think one of the keys to improving in any endeavor is not putting too much pressure or unrealistic expectations on yourself.

It's like the people who expect to start a new workout routine and lose 30 pounds in a month and spend 2 hours in the gym every single day. Just not going to happen.

Write what you can. Don't give too much thought about how much it sucks. Make small improvements everyday. And I think in a year we'll all be amazed at our progress.

We tend to overestimate what we can accomplish in the short-term and underestimate what we can accomplish in the long-term. This challenge is a long-term strategy.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

**Are you a gamer who lifts? Then you need to follow my Healthy Gaming Channel:**
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyJacksChannel
    http://www.TheHealthyGamer.com

★★ Hiking 2,189 miles from Georgia to Maine on the Appalachian Trail 2016 follow on IG instagram.com/jackjoneshg and at thejourney.co ★★

AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got another article finished on macros. Man it was kind of rough had to really push myself to get the writing done, but am so happy that I get to make another X on my calendar.

How's everyone else doing?
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

**Are you a gamer who lifts? Then you need to follow my Healthy Gaming Channel:**

★★ Hiking 2,189 miles from Georgia to Maine on the Appalachian Trail 2016 follow on IG instagram.com/jackjoneshg and at thejourney.co ★★

KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So IN on this thread.

I keep 2 journals atm, 1 for my reading ( I write book summaries and chapter summaries depending on difficulty of book while reading at least 1 book per week)

and another personal journal which I write in every night before bed about my thoughts/how my day went/what I noticed/ etc etc

IMO seeing how far you have been and reading my past entries is all the motivation I need to keep going, my father says I have a talent at writing and wants me to become a author.

** Not sure if this has been previously addressed but I feel hand writing is >>>>>>> typing on a keyboard by a long shot.
    LA misc crew
    Misc Crypto DEEP pockets crew

rcdudegermy10 is a name known to all. (+5000) rcdudegermy10 is a name known to all. (+5000) rcdudegermy10 is a name known to all. (+5000) rcdudegermy10 is a name known to all. (+5000) rcdudegermy10 is a name known to all. (+5000) rcdudegermy10 is a name known to all. (+5000) rcdudegermy10 is a name known to all. (+5000) rcdudegermy10 is a name known to all. (+5000) rcdudegermy10 is a name known to all. (+5000) rcdudegermy10 is a name known to all. (+5000) rcdudegermy10 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In for later

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jreacher View Post
    I believe 500 words is a little more than a page, single spaced, with Times New Roman?
    This is 500 words, and yes, Google Docs has a word count.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Mauris sodales sollicitudin urna et blandit. Nunc porttitor orci vehicula erat porttitor consequat. Proin eu nulla ac lacus semper vehicula non nec nunc. Fusce gravida ipsum lorem, sed ullamcorper ligula viverra sed. Donec eget viverra erat, ut tincidunt turpis. In eu dictum nibh. Integer placerat, nulla a lobortis vestibulum, tellus mi bibendum lorem, sit amet vestibulum diam sem nec quam. Donec non dictum nisl, eget imperdiet nisl. Fusce venenatis neque metus, vel aliquet elit euismod quis. Integer ac dignissim dolor. Quisque fringilla semper mi rhoncus tristique. Cras sit amet sem ac sem fermentum volutpat. Donec aliquet libero id metus vestibulum, sit amet faucibus lectus placerat. Curabitur sed adipiscing nunc.

Ut ac mi vel augue pellentesque luctus. Mauris quis risus ante. Sed at nunc urna. Suspendisse dignissim, neque non ornare pharetra, quam magna luctus nisi, et semper velit libero blandit nisi. Donec tincidunt dignissim est, ut tincidunt urna laoreet vel. Donec aliquet euismod aliquam. Integer iaculis augue ut dui adipiscing, viverra mollis nulla vulputate. Maecenas venenatis ipsum at dui cursus, quis ultrices lorem sollicitudin. Aenean consectetur orci et malesuada rhoncus. Suspendisse quis interdum tellus, eget adipiscing nunc. Donec eu dictum lacus, eget vestibulum turpis. Sed mattis eleifend lacus eu pharetra. Sed euismod vulputate sapien, a fringilla dolor facilisis eu. Fusce imperdiet at sapien eget placerat. Aenean accumsan quis nunc a adipiscing. Quisque quis blandit eros, eu gravida lacus.

Sed mauris neque, pretium quis vestibulum id, imperdiet ac ante. Ut in leo rhoncus, sodales dui et, feugiat orci. Nunc tincidunt erat id orci posuere accumsan. Nulla justo ligula, venenatis id cursus a, blandit sed mauris. Suspendisse ac ultrices eros. Ut id tempor justo. Ut ultrices malesuada tortor, a euismod odio pretium et. Vestibulum blandit euismod mi, sed faucibus turpis fringilla nec. Etiam eget semper felis, id congue erat. Quisque commodo fermentum urna quis volutpat. Integer adipiscing risus at nibh vehicula rhoncus. Praesent mauris enim, imperdiet in pulvinar vel, scelerisque a mauris. Pellentesque porta semper quam tristique pellentesque. Donec in condimentum ipsum.

Morbi tincidunt odio eget velit congue aliquet. Pellentesque suscipit ornare risus, eu euismod est. Vestibulum accumsan at sapien non aliquet. Proin consequat lorem vel eros adipiscing sodales. Donec porttitor arcu eget ipsum tempus, eget dapibus tellus interdum. Duis ornare, purus sit amet ullamcorper consequat, nunc nisl ullamcorper risus, at consequat dui lacus et orci. Duis non felis quis quam tempus imperdiet lacinia non velit. Vestibulum ullamcorper consequat orci vel interdum. Fusce id lacus varius, tempor turpis id, cursus velit. Etiam urna odio, ultricies vel arcu sed, convallis tristique leo. In molestie odio nec risus adipiscing, vel sollicitudin elit iaculis. Aliquam ante metus, lacinia pretium laoreet volutpat, euismod eget felis.

Mauris quis sem eu erat commodo egestas. Vestibulum sollicitudin nisi sit amet molestie fermentum. Nam fermentum posuere neque, ut molestie nisl laoreet gravida. Curabitur vehicula vel turpis ut pellentesque. Fusce sit amet ligula pulvinar, posuere erat tincidunt, malesuada sem. Curabitur vel metus justo. Vivamus id lacus luctus, vehicula lacus vitae, ullamcorper orci. Quisque lectus.

Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is a journal that consists of my thoughts throughout the day

Entry #1 18/12/13

The limits of human perception

Perception is the way of which individuals cognitively interpret information in the environment and it holds a temporal relation to past experiences.There are many fragmented theories hypothesized by cognitive scientists,evolutionary psychologys and various others within the social sciences which attempts to explain why humans form different perceptions.The theory hypothesized by evolutionary psychologists such as Steven pinker and David Buss reduce the reason why people form certain beliefs down to a biological imperative with the purpose of maximizing utility,although they claim otherwise their work reflects the belief that culture is a product of biology and many of the cultural beliefs that we have are really mitigating elements our of our biology and posit belief formation as a result of fatalism while some theorists within the field hold a compatibilistic point of view(Such as Stephen pinker).The socio political theories brought forth by post modernist academics within the disciplines related to sociology attempt to explain the different beliefs humans have as a product of social conformity and the privileged status attached to one normative belief as well as the individual uniqueness that is inherent to people with different life experiences andcirumcumstances.Cognitive sciences attempt to explain perception as the integration of knowledge with schematic representations of the world that are subconsciously reinforces through repetition ,cognitive error ,mental illness and computational representations of how the mind works in terms of neural structures.

.As a result of my inquiry into the field i've begin to do "reality checks" to see if my perception of the world matches up with reality, i have come to the conclusion that humans create their own reality.This perceptive negates the determinism implicit in theories proposed by evolutionary psychologists.We get so immersed in our thoughts that sometimes we start to develop tunnel vision and don't attempt to interpret the sensory information that we are constantly bombard with,the many exacerbations that i experience with anxiety and bi-polar disorder are the result of my myopic temporary inability to question my distorted thoughts. I feel doesn't translate to objective truth as many of us would like to think,however the cognitive psychology approach tells us that our brain does funny things without realizing it which is why it is important that we think about our thinking(metacognition).

Natural rights

It is ****ing annoying arguing with religious ideologues ,once you are finally able to stop getting them to argue about moralistic claims that they believe should be forced on every person an easy yet effective way to end an argument is to bring up the concept of inalienable rights granted as every human being enters existence.Most of these people are extremely wound up and are using emotional reasoning to make their cases,however every so often theocrats will posit natural rights as deference to god as supposedly god creates everything and therefore his authority is absolute.It's easy to get into an argument about semantics with these people however to counter their claim that natural rights are granted by god point out that natural rights reflect the right of unrestrained human beings to pursue their own interest and use their own religion against them by pointing out that if people are prevented from committing sins then they aren't actually following god as they do not have free will and such would prevent them from achieving the afterlife. Boom,in the bag you f*king idiots.

Last edited by Metalhead44; 12-18-2013 at 08:25 PM.
    I'm here to make friends and listen to other peoples problems,send me a PM if you want to talk.I misc at odd hours.

Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bump
    I'm here to make friends and listen to other peoples problems,send me a PM if you want to talk.I misc at odd hours.

^^ I've come to the firm belief that we absolutely do literally CREATE our realities.

I've been practicing the steps outlined in Think and Grow Rich and everyday am making tangible progress toward the goal of financial freedom.

The more I practice the act of consciously manifesting the more apparent it becomes to me that our thoughts and emotions have a very tangible impact on our experience of reality. When I am able to maintain generally positive thoughts and a happy disposition it's like the wheels of the universe are greased and everything flows smoothly and easily. And similarly when my thoughts are negative it seems like I'm struggling against a strong wind. Every action is a chore and every step a pain.

I think aside from learning through our experiences we're supposed to learn how to become conscious creators.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

Originally Posted by AntiGlobalist View Post
    ^^ I've come to the firm belief that we absolutely do literally CREATE our realities.

I've been practicing the steps outlined in Think and Grow Rich and everyday am making tangible progress toward the goal of financial freedom.

The more I practice the act of consciously manifesting the more apparent it becomes to me that our thoughts and emotions have a very tangible impact on our experience of reality. When I am able to maintain generally positive thoughts and a happy disposition it's like the wheels of the universe are greased and everything flows smoothly and easily. And similarly when my thoughts are negative it seems like I'm struggling against a strong wind. Every action is a chore and every step a pain.

I think aside from learning through our experiences we're supposed to learn how to become conscious creators.
    The most interesting thing i discovered while i was thinking this was that if you believe something enough your mind will start to see the world through that lens.This manifests itself in your body,if you convince your mind enough that you have something to worry about physiologically you`ll show all the unpleasant side effects associated with worry weather or not your perceptions are factual.

Here is a biopsychological model showing the effect of stimulus on physiological state

KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Originally Posted by Metalhead44 View Post
    The most interesting thing i discovered while i was thinking this was that if you believe something enough your mind will start to see the world through that lens.This manifests itself in your body,if you convince your mind enough that you have something to worry about physiologically you`ll show all the unpleasant side effects associated with worry weather or not your perceptions are factual.

Here is a biopsychological model showing the effect of stimulus on physiological state

Keep a note of what you truly want to accomplish this month in your wallet and look at 10+ times a day, visulize yourself working towards it, doing the daily steps of achieving that goal and I guarantee after that month you will have the goal accomplished or be well on your way down the right path to accomplish that goal.

dead srs.
    LA misc crew

tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jreacher View Post
    You asked for a critique. Here's a critique on the style and structure, not the content, of the first sentence. I'm no pro, so I could be wrong. Here's a few things one of my old college professors might have pointed out.

Based on my bolded areas above, I think it might be better if it was worded something like this:

"The winds bow down to his will. Men are jealous of his certainty. Children forever lament their lack of daimon." or "... Children will forever lament their lack of daimon" <--- Not sure what daimon is bro.

I agree with AntiGlobalist about too many commas. From Hemingway to Lee Child, there's no harm in shorter sentences. Just market yourself as a "manly" writer and critics will get wet panties from your writing.
    Thanks bruh.

I must admit I have to keep that under check.

Daimon is the spirit that the greeks attributed to one being a genius.

Including daimon as I want the piece to have some esoteric qualities to it. Some references only people who have read will get it.
    [52 books in 52 weeks Crew]

"Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf." - Rabindranath Tagore

“We enjoy and even thrill to godlike possibilities we see in ourselves in such peak moments. And yet we simultaneously shiver with weakness, awe, and fear before these very same possibilities.”
    ― Abraham Maslow

Originally Posted by Metalhead44 View Post

I think some of the most compelling evidence when it comes to just how much power we have over our bodies is the fact that people with multiple personality disorder can literally manifest different physical traits and diseases with their different personalities.

For example personality A will have blue eyes whereas personality B will have green eyes. Personality A will be diabetic while personality B will not. Personality A will be allergic to cats while personality B will not at all reactive to cats. Which leads me to the conclusion that probably the single most important thing you can do for your health is to believe that you are healthy.

I've noticed this in my own life that if I think I'm starting to come down with a cold I will instead INSIST to myself that I feel fine, that I feel great, but still take precautions as to getting extra sleep and food and 99% of the time no sickness manifests. And along those lines I've also noted that when I DO feel sick I've always had this internal dialogue of "I feel so sick, I feel so crappy" and I don't actually start to get better until I first change my internal dialogue to "I feel fine, I feel 100%."
    Originally Posted by KoCorl View Post
    Keep a note of what you truly want to accomplish this month in your wallet and look at 10+ times a day, visulize yourself working towards it, doing the daily steps of achieving that goal and I guarantee after that month you will have the goal accomplished or be well on your way down the right path to accomplish that goal.

dead srs.
    I need to do that. Right now I have my goals along with pictures printed out that I visualize in the morning and evening. But can definitely see the benefit of doing this. Doesn't Maxwell Maltze recommend this in Psycho Cybernetics? Seems like it's all about getting your subconscious to BELIEVE that you can achieve whatever the goal is.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

Who gave you de' order! Sikstupid's Avatar
    Sikstupid is just really nice. (+1000) Sikstupid is just really nice. (+1000) Sikstupid is just really nice. (+1000) Sikstupid is just really nice. (+1000) Sikstupid is just really nice. (+1000) Sikstupid is just really nice. (+1000) Sikstupid is just really nice. (+1000) Sikstupid is just really nice. (+1000) Sikstupid is just really nice. (+1000) Sikstupid is just really nice. (+1000) Sikstupid is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm glad to see everyone is doing well with this so far. I've hit my marks so far and I'm still excited each day to write.

One of the best threads I've read on here this year.
    As I was sitting there puffing the last of my cigarette, an old man approached me. He told me if I saved all the money I had spent on cigarettes in my lifetime, I could afford a Ferrari. So I asked the old man if he could lend me an extra cigarette, to which he replied that he did not smoke. With my last puff of my cigarette I then asked him, "Where's your Ferrari?"

Bump,going to make todays post in 5 mins.

I need to do that. Right now I have my goals along with pictures printed out that I visualize in the morning and evening. But can definitely see the benefit of doing this. Doesn't Maxwell Maltze recommend this in Psycho Cybernetics? Seems like it's all about getting your subconscious to BELIEVE that you can achieve whatever the goal is.
    He does, and it is.
    LA misc crew

Got my 500 words in today. In the form of a journal entry. It was tough, I didn't want to do it, but the spur of the challenge helped me push it out. And it only took 20 minutes to write.

It really makes me think... how much time in the day do we waste because we "don't have enough time" when in actuality we could get SO MUCH done in very little blocks of time if we only just START.

Good luck brahs. I'll be in Chicago over the weekend but will keep up the challenge via a notebook.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In on this thread
    going to attempt, so just write down my thoughts everyday?
    I suck at writing and when i make have papers for school and i compare them to other people, mine look like they are high school material srs.
    Any advice?
    my site - http://lyricallyarticulate.com/

Originally Posted by RapBlacksmith View Post
    In on this thread
    going to attempt, so just write down my thoughts everyday?
    I suck at writing and when i make have papers for school and i compare them to other people, mine look like they are high school material srs.
    Any advice?
    Get some of those books listed in the OP and read them. I'd start with a journal. That way you don't have any pressure of trying to write "for others." Just write. And consciously apply what you read about.

And also read more. Just reading good literature makes you a better writer.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

In Onion Roll Bread AimHighWillis's Avatar
    AimHighWillis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AimHighWillis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AimHighWillis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AimHighWillis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AimHighWillis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AimHighWillis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AimHighWillis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AimHighWillis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AimHighWillis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AimHighWillis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AimHighWillis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Iifym”if it fits your macros” is just as dumb or probably even dumber then if I came up with a theory iifym”if it fits your milligrams” meaning I give you a mg per mg total for a androgen, progesterone, and dht drugs. So I give u a grand total per category and as long as the drug fits the milligrams per category your successfully using “if it fits your milligrams”. This theory would work OK in offseason but would work like sh!t during pre contest. Just like “if it fits your macros”. Your always going to have genetic freaks that’s look great doing anything. Hence y blacks eat fried chicken and kool aid pre bed and look like freaks. So any program you follow there are going to be exceptions but its not abt that rare 1 percent. It’s abt what works optimally for everyone. So if u wanna go ahead and follow if it fits your macros go for it. You’ll just never see what your true potential In the sport is because of pure laziness.
    delt ecko charly this is zulu foxcott the goose on lake, i repeat goose on lake what is ur status over

*King of the manlets crew*
    *Crossfitters in the squat racks pls go crew*
    *Tuna cakes crew*

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It really makes me think... how much time in the day do we waste because we "don't have enough time" when in actuality we could get SO MUCH done in very little blocks of time if we only just START
    I was just talking to my wife about this since her sister is in basic training.

When I was in basic, we had about 45 minutes or so to do everything you needed to do. Write letters, shine boots, polish belt buckle, shower, shave, socialize, whatever. We thought when we got out we'd be unstoppable since if we could get all that done in 45 minutes, what would we do with hours of time?

Shiverin' since '92 Mr.PissShivers's Avatar
    Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stephen King's On Writing is a terrific book.
    OLD MOVIE CREW

Originally Posted by TheStender View Post
    I was just talking to my wife about this since her sister is in basic training.

When I was in basic, we had about 45 minutes or so to do everything you needed to do. Write letters, shine boots, polish belt buckle, shower, shave, socialize, whatever. We thought when we got out we'd be unstoppable since if we could get all that done in 45 minutes, what would we do with hours of time?
    Haha right? I'm constantly amazed by how much we can get done before 0800 in the military. But also amazed by how much time we can waste too...

You were in the Navy if I'm remembering correctly?
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

You were in the Navy if I'm remembering correctly?
    Marines.

Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd say most people exceed 500w per day on Misc, various forums etc. I know I do. Consider each decent FB comment is 50w or so.

But I'm being pedantic. Structured writing is a great tool to improve your expression and then onto clarity of thought. I agree with everything in the OP - clear writing indicates clear thought processes. Clear thought processes lead to better writing, but better writing can also lead to clearer thought processes.

Also having a wide vocabulary is crucial. Orwell's Newspeak was based on this idea. Expunge even the words describing seditious thoughts from a language, and people lack the ability to formulate the concept.

Here's a poem I wrote this morning while on my morning run (not on paper, obviously). It's not great, but a good start. I'll try and contribute a new poem a day until I begin getting heat for it (I often lack the impetus to write poetry, so this might help).

I don't know when the end will come,
    (I tightly bind my shoes)
    And who can tell how fast I'll run?
    (Then dip the knots in glue)

I can’t say where the battle’s staged
    (I brave the morning frost)
    Nor the hordes that I will face
    (A snort and then I’m off)

I don’t know if I’ll fight alone
    (My heart begins to breathe)
    Armed with swords or handed stones?
    (Legs swing with rhythmic ease)

I don’t know when the end will come,
    (Then know that you can do this)
    And who can tell how fast I’ll run?
    (Nor I. Who cares? Get through this)

jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yay flash fiction/short story sharing time

Something I like to do from time to time is pick any old random photo I like and write a short thing about it. fiction or nonfiction or whatever.

Under spring skies so perfectly painted faint blues and whites that it would surprise few to know they had been strung up over the world by alien hands, packaged and sent from some paradise country that had been poached and bled of its beauty, a girl sits on a bench. The sidewalk runs far and wide into the offing, barred by high buildings of desert-red brick. From telephone poles and street lights, bright green flags hang limp in the windless air.
    The girl rests one foot on the edge of the bench, letting her dress, a washed-out olive and thin enough that through it the milky silhouette of her thighs is quietly visible, catch underneath the heel of her boot. Her arms rest softly in the crease of her hips. With her hair, sandy blonde and left wild down around her shoulders, her face is obscured. With her hair down, she could be anyone.

I'll also throw in my most recent portfolio thesis thing for my last writing course. creative nonfiction, lyric essay;

Threadcount

The first bed I slept in was in a hospital, probably. I don’t remember it. Like every imaginary hospital you make up in your head, I figure it had bleach-white walls and there was a room full of infants, half-asleep with spindles of drool hanging loosely out of their mouths, resting their unfused skulls, raw to the world, on sheets that feel sort of like plastic.

There’s a picture of me that my mother kept for a long time. I’m wrapped up in a sweater. There’s a bow on my head – it’s Christmas. I’m one and a half days old. I’m asleep like the other babies in the hospital I left not twenty-four hours ago. There’s gray light in the den and snow on the windows.

I’ve slept in an unfinished bedroom. The walls were painted blue, but the floors hadn’t been polished; Dad was always busy with other things. The ceilings were high and angled. It made me feel like I was underwater, like a fish. That’s what Mom started calling me after she caught me swimming around on the floor. I got sawdust all over my pajamas, making me look like I had just emerged from the sand at the bottom of my imaginary ocean. After that, she’d tuck me in and say good night.
    “Good night, Little Fish,” she’d say.

I’ve slept, or pretended to, the night before my first day of school. I wanted nothing more than to turn my sheets into sails and fly my mattress away. Mom said that kindergarten would be fun, and that Ms. Otatti was nice. I didn’t know who Ms. Otatti was, but she sounded terrifying. Really, anyone with a title did. Like Mr. Wahlberg, our family barber; not the actor. He didn’t look anything like the actor. He was the opposite, a pale and leggy man with blonde hair that looked like stale spaghetti. Submerged in terror and the temptation of soaring out my window by way of avian sails made from my bedsheets, I didn’t notice my eyelids growing heavy. They came down like curtains and I was out.

I’ve slept in the linen closet of the downstairs bathroom, because it was small and far away from my parents’ room, and in there I couldn’t really hear them arguing.

There were rare nights that I’d spend at my friends’ houses. I would always bring the sleeping bag my mother had gotten me, since it had fish on it. Long after they’d fallen asleep, I’d look around at the things they kept. I’d wonder why Will chose to throw his clothes on the floor, leaving his closet bare. Mom had always taken the time to press and hang my things so neatly. Why Paul slept backwards on his bed; not intentionally, he’d just slowly crawl around in his sleep like a zombie until his feet rested where his head should be. His pillows were a dingy off-white color; they must have smelled awful. Paul’s parents couldn’t always afford to pay the water bill. The next morning, I’d want to ask Will about his hollow closet or Paul about his pillows, but I never did.

Once or twice a month, I’d sleep at Nana’s house. She let me stay up late and in the morning would make pancakes shaped like Mickey Mouse, but I still hated going. Most of the house was nylon or wax; covered couches and faded figurines on the fireplace mantle. It smelled artificial, like the auto parts aisle at Home Depot. I’d sleep on the couch under a scratchy, hideous green wool blanket and have bad dreams. If Nana and Grandpa died in their sleep, the police would think I’d done it and they’d come for me and I’d have to run away and I’d get lost and I’d never see my parents ever again. Some years later, Grandpa died quietly in his bed as old men are resigned to do, but no one came for me.

I’ve slept in cars. When I was fourteen, my cousins took me on a road trip to see some concert. Peter was twenty and a tyrant, so he drove. Emma, nineteen and far too timid to argue, sat shotgun and Lila rode in the back with me. Lila was my age. It was a ten hour drive, and we didn’t have many blankets, so we used sweaters. We put sweaters in our backpacks as pillows and used sweaters as blankets. With no air conditioning, the whole inside of the car smelled like an attic. After Emma and Lila had fallen asleep, Peter and I made eye contact in the rearview.
    “How you doin’ back there, kid?” he asked me.
    I told him I didn’t know.
    “Are you hungry or something? Gotta take a piss?”
    I told him I didn’t know.
    He called me a bitch and put his eyes back on the road. I pulled one of the sweaters up over my nose and stared out the window, watching the wintry countryside fly by in a blur like when you turn the television to a dead channel and you don’t hear anything but static. I wanted to tell him I was tired, just tired, but I didn’t. I didn’t know if that was it.

On prom night, for the first time, I slept with a girl. Not slept with, just slept, in the most innocent rendition. We almost had sex, but Emily said she wasn’t like that. We rolled around in my bed together for a long time and laughed and pinched each other and she let me touch her thighs, and really it seemed just as good. She fell asleep on my chest, her curly brown hair draping all over my face. I wanted to move it, but she had my hands, and I could feel her breath matching her heartbeat, subtle and rhythmic, almost aligned with my own. There’s nothing quite like it, really. It’s one thing to have a bed to yourself. Sheets and pillows of your own, where you grow so comfortable and wonderfully numb in not sharing that space with another human being. It’s something else entirely to give that safety away, something I really didn’t understand or appreciate until after she’d left. I found strands of her hair on my pillows for weeks. We didn’t share a bed again, Emily and I, and I’ve not found anything quite like it since.

I’ve slept on the beach with friends and strangers, naked save for our underwear, in a circle around the ashes of our campfire. It was the last night we all shared together at the end of the summer. From our alcove carved into the dunes, I could look down the shore at the other groups of people, like freckles on the world’s sandy skin, barely illuminated by the moonlight. Paul was there, and I watched him crawl around in the sand the same way he did as a child in his bed. He’d grown large and hairy, too large for some of his clothes. His parents had gotten him a new shirt for graduation, which he used as a pillow, clenched endearingly in his hands.

I’ve slept in the beds of girls whose last names I didn’t know, whose front doors they had unlocked and opened to find me standing, shivering in the December air, who held my frigid palms in their silky ones and brought me out of the night and into the warmth of their homes, leading me softly, following their footsteps across minefield floorboards towards their rooms that I would see little of, briefly and in passing as I was pulled to the bed, and only once.

I’ve slept in an airport under fluorescent lights. My first time flying alone, eighteen years old, going home to New York for Thanksgiving. The departure was canceled due to what they called “inclement weather hazards”, which I called “bull****”. They gave us blankets and apologized over and over. I told them it was okay, that I understood, and while I don’t try to make a habit of lying to strangers, not one syllable of those words was true. It wasn’t okay; it was a goddamned airport terminal with fluorescent lights. I hate fluorescent lights. Laying my head down on the scratchy pulled-from-the-stock-closet blanket, I stared down the pale, ghastly open space of the terminal. It was silent, save for the indistinct buzzing from the lights and what could have been a janitor’s vacuum cleaner, somewhere faint and out of sight. I thought that it was the closest earthly thing to Purgatory possible. I slept little and thought myself a sinner.

I’ve slept in the ICU, in the waiting room. Curled up in a ball on the little blue couch, waiting for the others. Waiting for Peter to come running in and tell me grow up and stop being a bitch. Waiting for Emily to appear on the couch and share that kind of space with me again. Waiting for the doctor to walk up and tell my mother and I the things you always see doctors say at the end of hospital dramas, “He’s gonna be just fine.” I felt translucent, like those windows in public bathrooms that you can’t see out of, that only let in gray light.

Really, that’s all sleep is. It’s waiting. Counting sheep as a child, counting your mistakes and your fears and the fantastic, terrifying unknown as a teen, counting the times you’ve laid awake wishing you were somewhere else. Waiting to fall asleep, that’s the funny part; it happens slowly, and then all at once. You catch things while you’re awake and in passing as you drift off, but not that single moment you’re drowned in unconsciousness. You never catch it. I know that somewhere, the last bed I’ll ever sleep in is waiting. Maybe it’s not a bed at all; maybe it’s the cold tile of the kitchen floor, or the wet grass in the back yard on a summer night, or in a hospital where I started. But I’ll be there, and I won’t catch myself.
    be a lot cooler if you did

godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The Challenge: Write 500 words a day in 2014

Why?

Clear writing is reflective of clear thinking. Superior writing skills directly translate into tangible benefits in nearly every career field and industry.

A man who cannot clearly articulate his thoughts in writing will also find it difficult to articulate his thoughts in conversations.

http://lifehacker.com/5886128/how-se...nation-problem

The Goal:

Consciously spend time writing at least 500 words every single day with the intention to continually improve and refine our writing style.

The Rules:

Write at least 500 words per day. Either in this thread, in your journal, or your blog, or anywhere else that you would like to write. But write 500 words per day. Never miss a single day.

Resources:

On Writing Well - http://www.amazon.com/Writing-Well-3.../dp/0060891548
    The Elements of Style - http://www.amazon.com/The-Elements-S...ref=pd_sim_b_1
    On Writing - http://www.amazon.com/On-Writing-Ann...ref=pd_sim_b_6

Tips:

Be concise. Never use two words where one will suffice.
    Remove useless frivolities.
    Be clear and direct.
    Then why hasn't Jerry Seinfeld written a new joke in 20 years? He tells the same jokes on the tonight show in 2013 as he did decades ago lol.
    RIP mainsqueeze530
    "Rustle your opponents jimmies from afar." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Mods - I don't have multiple accounts, asked for old accounts be banned, never had two open at one time.
    Misc - you don't have to rep me back lol, in return no rep begging pls tx

Shiverin' since '92 Mr.PissShivers's Avatar
    Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    True story.

When I was little I saw the movie It, and for many months I had a terrible fear of clowns. I was afraid to sleep at night, and when I did manage to sleep I most often wet my bed. I couldn't even watch The Simpsons or Garfield and Friends if Krusty or Binky came on.

Then one night after hours of trying to stay awake I drifted off to sleep. After what seemed like seconds after I closed my eyes, my Raggedy Andy nightlight transformed into PennyWise The Clown. My heart leaped out of my chest, but I had no time to react.

Before I knew it Pennywise and I both were deep in space soaring amongst the rings of Saturn engaged in a brutal, yet majestic light saber confrontation. We battled long and hard all over the universe from the moons of Jupiter to the deep dark crevasses of Uranus.

Finally the conflict neared the surface of the Sun. The heat proved to be too much for the evil Lampooner, as his sweaty hand lost its grip on the saber and disappeared into space . Again my heart jumped out of my chest, but this time with joy. As it got hotter, I began haranguing Pennywise for making such a foolish mistake. He fell to his knees as I moved in to deliver the death knell. With a sweaty brow, I raised my saber mightily overhead. "Gadzooks!" I thought to myself. "Could it be that I have made the same dunderheaded mistake as my foe." Sadly, it was true. I looked back to see my saber speedily moving into the vast nothingness of the great beyond.

My tormentor rose from his knees with a new found evil glow about his person. He grabbed me by the extra large Bobby's World shirt that I used to sleep in as a kid and brought me face to face with him. He opened his mouth wide, his long, sharp teeth glistening with yellow phlegm. As he was about to eat me whole I reached down without hesitation and ripped of my pee pee soaked undies and loudly declared, "This is battery acid you slime!" With that, I shoved my soiled Thunder Cat briefs down Pennywise' gullet. He coughed, and sputtered as he spat blood. Pennywise drew nearer to the surface of the Sun, his flesh began to melt off his bones and soon his skeleton itself caught fire. He danced around in agony if only momentary, until finally the Sun engulfed him entirely. He was no more.

I awoke that morning without the slightest fear of clowns. However the bed wetting continued through my teen years well into my early twenties.
    OLD MOVIE CREW

The Challenge: Write 500 words a day in 2014

Why?

Clear writing is reflective of clear thinking. Superior writing skills directly translate into tangible benefits in nearly every career field and industry.

A man who cannot clearly articulate his thoughts in writing will also find it difficult to articulate his thoughts in conversations.

http://lifehacker.com/5886128/how-se...nation-problem

The Goal:

Consciously spend time writing at least 500 words every single day with the intention to continually improve and refine our writing style.

The Rules:

Write at least 500 words per day. Either in this thread, in your journal, or your blog, or anywhere else that you would like to write. But write 500 words per day. Never miss a single day.

Resources:

On Writing Well - http://www.amazon.com/Writing-Well-3.../dp/0060891548
    The Elements of Style - http://www.amazon.com/The-Elements-S...ref=pd_sim_b_1
    On Writing - http://www.amazon.com/On-Writing-Ann...ref=pd_sim_b_6

Tips:

Be concise. Never use two words where one will suffice.
    Remove useless frivolities.
    Be clear and direct.
    Fuark i guess i'll make a new reply.

19/12/2013 Thought journal

Yesterday i discussed a epistemiological question that ive been fixed on for a couple days.Today i will be discussing success/pain

Conventional wisdom tells us that pain is something that weakens our resolve and distorts our perception of the world by subjecting us to suffering.However i challenge this narrative that prevents people from having a richer range of experiences which offer the potential for growth.Most people don't see the benefits of suffering because they see suffering as a end rather than the means to an end.It's easy to get caught up within religious/ideological dogma by simply saying that all suffering is good when the reality is that suffering imposed on other people unwillingly is by no means beneficial and is often used to assert dominance rather than provide meaningful growth.For there to be progress the individual willingly with their own volition rise to the challenge and choose to live a life of delayed gratification in areas of work as well as build a resilience that pushes them past defeat.Most people live average lives with average outcomes(marriage ------>children--------> death) not because they have some innate deficiency but because they weren't willing to stick through the pain,they avoid risks,they waste their time complaining about how the world has done them wrong and the end result is mediocrity.The things that are easy to acquire and often mediocre.The things that are hard to acquire require sacrifice,risk taking,and courage which all require that we risk our emotional vulnerability to be better tomorrow.

My random thoughts throughout the day.

I really enjoy baking/cooking,it's something that i do fairly often(1-2 times a week).It beings out my creative side and i like creating layered cakes and aesthetically pleasing pastries as well as main dishes.I have baked recreationally for a while and i've started to experiment with baking without a recipe,it's a lot of trial and error but i'm starting to get the hang of it.
    I really miss my teenage years,growing up with bi-polar disorder and anxiety really made me feel as if i missed out on a lot of great things about the teen years.But at this point i realize i cannot change the past and i choose not dwell over the past and more forward.Every moment i spend ruminating about lost time the more time(in the present and soon to be future) i will lose.
    I haven't have lucid dreams in a long time,i'm guessing its a combination of stress and poor quality/quantity sleep.
    I really need to pick up on my bulk,because of school until about 2 weeks ago i was eating 1400 calories because i was studying really hard.My bench has gone down by 20 pounds and my squat by 30.
    I will face interesting challenges ahead concerning my conceptualization of who i am.I've been so preoccupied with school that i've neglected self discovery and because of this i keep on falling into irrational trains of thought,i need to be more clear minded.
    I am not doing anything(school,work) tommorow,i am going to misc,bake and watch some drawing tutorials on youtube lazy day.
    Last edited by Metalhead44; 12-19-2013 at 10:50 PM.

bump

godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Inb4 this thread unearths the new Mr Angry.
    RIP mainsqueeze530
    "Rustle your opponents jimmies from afar." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Mods - I don't have multiple accounts, asked for old accounts be banned, never had two open at one time.
    Misc - you don't have to rep me back lol, in return no rep begging pls tx