pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000)

Anyone take the new ACSM-CPT exam? Adice?

Sup brahs, Im about to take the ACSM CPT in two week and it looks like it changed into a more balanced exam (25% each section).

I was wondering is anyone took it and if you can give me some insight on the exam.

Thank you brahs!

edit - oops *advice in title and here is the break down

The performance domains are:
     Domain I: Initial Client Consultation and Assessment - 26%
     Domain II: Exercise Programming and Implementation - 27%
     Domain III: Exercise Leadership and Client Education - 27%
     Domain IV: Legal, Professional, Business and Marketing - 20%
    [300 Spartan Crew]

"Hard work will always overcome talent. As long as talent doesn't believe in hard work."
    RAPE BACK!

Lean Bulking!
    Goal;
    200lbs
    10% BF or less

Eyes2see has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Frustrated

I manage a gym and just sent a young man to take his ACSM personal training certification exam. He failed the test after excellent study, and 3 times through their webinar. He's never gotten less than a B on a test in his life. He said the exam and book/webinar materials seemed to be from 2 different places. The terms and verbage were very different between the books and the exam. He said numerous questions had words he had never heard before. He is frustrated and looking for another organization to get certified through. Anyone else have this experience?

Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The new ACSM-CPT exam is very challenging. It's very important that you truly learn the material, rather than memorize the text in the way they word it. The best that I can recommended is that you try to write out much of what you have learned in your own words to help reinforce you have an understanding of the material. I did find that there were some questions on the exam that I had no recollection of reading in the ACSM study material. If you understand what you are reading you will pass just fine. Study hard and go in confident. Good luck.

riceandkimchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I gave myself a week to study for that exam because otherwise I would have had to wait another two month, and only failed by few points.
    I only skimmed through the last part of the main book, which was about business, I think. There were bunch of questions on things I've never heard of, so I assumed they were all from the last part of the book I only skimmed through, but when I went back to check, nope.
    Those questions took up about 25% of the whole test, but then I'm assuming most of those questions are ones that aren't scored.
    I've made some silly mistakes and if I could have gone back to take it again the next day, I would've passed it most likely

pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000)
    thanks for input brahs. I am taking it this friday.

I am an exercise science major so I know most of the stuff they are asking for, except the business/management portion. Anyone else take the new exam and tell us how it is?
    [300 Spartan Crew]

"Hard work will always overcome talent. As long as talent doesn't believe in hard work."
    RAPE BACK!

Lean Bulking!
    Goal;
    200lbs
    10% BF or less

taking it in two hours, wish me luck brahs

edit - will report back on difficulty
    [300 Spartan Crew]

RAPE BACK!

Lean Bulking!
    Goal;
    200lbs
    10% BF or less

fuk didnt pass, 13 points off. To be honest the exam was quite difficult, there was a lot of stuff that was not in the book, and I actually just googled them right now to get the answer so when I retake it I will get it right. Will report back then
    [300 Spartan Crew]

RAPE BACK!

Lean Bulking!
    Goal;
    200lbs
    10% BF or less

ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Better luck next time.
    NASM-CPT

DavidSki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pinoykcin View Post
    fuk didnt pass, 13 points off. To be honest the exam was quite difficult, there was a lot of stuff that was not in the book, and I actually just googled them right now to get the answer so when I retake it I will get it right. Will report back then
    Sorry to hear man, what was on the test that wasn't in the book? Not looking for answers but what certain criteria wasn't mentioned in the book. Anatomy and physiology? Exercise phys? Business practices? Thanks!

mellieb808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Had the same problem here! The webinar barely covers much of which is on the test and yes the 4th edition book and webinar do not match, you have to really flip through the pages to find the subject of discussion. I also experienced the terms and verbiage being different on the exam verses the book. All that you have stated above are unfortunately true. The test is difficult! ACSM doesn't offer the exam practice test anymore so I'm wondering if they are revamping the whole study guide to correlate better with the 4th edition...In hopes that they figure out the actual test is not very relative to the new 4th edition book either.

TravieRIPPEDXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravieRIPPEDXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravieRIPPEDXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravieRIPPEDXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravieRIPPEDXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravieRIPPEDXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravieRIPPEDXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravieRIPPEDXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravieRIPPEDXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravieRIPPEDXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravieRIPPEDXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mellieb808 View Post
    ...the actual test is not very relative to the new 4th edition book either.
    This is very true. I took the exam today using only the recommended study materials and barely made it by! Though I passed it accredit my success in the exam to prior knowledge and interest in fitness and exercise physiology as a whole. I agree the exam does need to be either modified or a more congruent text be provided.

Hey BRahs,

I am retaking my ACSM on monday, this test is so annoying, I already have a job lined up and because I did not pass the first time I cannot work the position as a trainer! I will be making a new thread on monday night on how to pass this schit, because this exam is really unfair, I will cover what is on the exam etc, because I know this stuff like the back of my hand, and I also remembered a lot of the exam questions due to the fact I got home and right away hit the books/internet to recall any information I missed.

Ill report back monday!
    [300 Spartan Crew]

RAPE BACK!

Lean Bulking!
    Goal;
    200lbs
    10% BF or less

DavidSki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey BRahs,

I am retaking my ACSM on monday, this test is so annoying, I already have a job lined up and because I did not pass the first time I cannot work the position as a trainer! I will be making a new thread on monday night on how to pass this schit, because this exam is really unfair, I will cover what is on the exam etc, because I know this stuff like the back of my hand, and I also remembered a lot of the exam questions due to the fact I got home and right away hit the books/internet to recall any information I missed.

Ill report back monday!
    Thanks bro, I should be taking the test next monday or tuesday. I will try to cover stuff as well.

Thanks

antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey BRahs,

Ill report back monday!
    whoa you didn't pass by 13 points the first time? I'm pretty sure that was my exact score on my first attempt - 537!!! How strange!

I was a kinesiology major in my last semester and I believe I went into the exam being overconfident, and literally having not studied at all. I thought my curriculum would have prepared me well enough.

anyway, I rescheduled the exam for a month later (december 21, 2013), and needless to say I actually took it a little bit more seriously. Studied an hour a day for maybe a week, and scored a 638, over 100 points better than my first attempt. Most of the questions were exactly the same as my first attempt. Now I'm certified and also got my degree last month, but if only I had a job lined up!

Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Curiosity sparked. My understanding was that ACSM was the easiest of the certs. I had a friend who worked at a chain gym, and she said that was what they wanted, so I could only conclude it was worthless. Was not aware of a new version.
    Instructor at NPTI Philadelphia / PhD Student of Human Sexuality

http://www.********.com/NPTIPA

http://doyouevenlick.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by antbanks View Post
    whoa you didn't pass by 13 points the first time? I'm pretty sure that was my exact score on my first attempt - 537!!! How strange!

I was a kinesiology major in my last semester and I believe I went into the exam being overconfident, and literally having not studied at all. I thought my curriculum would have prepared me well enough.

anyway, I rescheduled the exam for a month later (december 21, 2013), and needless to say I actually took it a little bit more seriously. Studied an hour a day for maybe a week, and scored a 638, over 100 points better than my first attempt. Most of the questions were exactly the same as my first attempt. Now I'm certified and also got my degree last month, but if only I had a job lined up!
    Yeah man I am in the same boat as you! thanks for the heads up about the same questions too, that is good because I looked them up in the book. luckily I am a regular at a 24 hour gym chain and know most of the trainers and fitness manager, so I pretty much am lucky with getting a job part time while I am finishing up my last semester. It will be good experience for me to work at a commercial gym for sure. good luck to you brah!

Originally Posted by Segugio View Post
    Curiosity sparked. My understanding was that ACSM was the easiest of the certs. I had a friend who worked at a chain gym, and she said that was what they wanted, so I could only conclude it was worthless. Was not aware of a new version.
    Yes, the ACSM CHANGED on July 1st 2013. My buddy took it in december 2012 and said it was easy as cake, but since it changed I think they made it a bit harder, especially with the domains making it a bit more even. If you look at the old domains anatomy and physiology make up a majority of the exam.
    [300 Spartan Crew]

RAPE BACK!

Lean Bulking!
    Goal;
    200lbs
    10% BF or less

SammerJam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SammerJam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SammerJam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SammerJam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SammerJam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SammerJam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SammerJam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SammerJam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SammerJam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SammerJam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SammerJam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been studying and am set to take the ACSM CPT exam Feb 1st and keep psyching myself out! Any insight on what to know and what not to waste to much time on (a fear of mine) would be much appreciated! I do not have a degree in anything exercise related but have read through the whole text book and gone over and over any sample questions I can find. Thanks!

Originally Posted by SammerJam View Post
    I've been studying and am set to take the ACSM CPT exam Feb 1st and keep psyching myself out! Any insight on what to know and what not to waste to much time on (a fear of mine) would be much appreciated! I do not have a degree in anything exercise related but have read through the whole text book and gone over and over any sample questions I can find. Thanks!
    Originally Posted by antbanks View Post

Originally Posted by DavidSki View Post
    Thanks bro, I should be taking the test next monday or tuesday. I will try to cover stuff as well.

Thanks
    New thread!

Mods, feel free to delete this or whatever.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1191883391
    [300 Spartan Crew]

RAPE BACK!

Lean Bulking!
    Goal;
    200lbs
    10% BF or less

antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ACSM CPT is commonly referred to as the "gold standard" of training certs. Most employers will prefer it whether they are chain clubs, medical outpatient fitness facilities or higher end clubs. The only certification that rivals it, in difficulty and prestige, is the NSCA CSCS (certified strength and conditioning specialist). CSCS basically trumps all, but you have to really really know your stuff to pass. The test takes around 5 hours and has multiple sections. Another high level cert is ACSM's HFS (health fitness specialist) which is basically one notch up from their CPT cert because it incorporates more KSA's (knowledge, skills and abilities) and medical information.
    All said, the ACSM is very highly regarded and their CPT is nothing to scoff at.

Yeah man I am in the same boat as you! thanks for the heads up about the same questions too, that is good because I looked them up in the book. luckily I am a regular at a 24 hour gym chain and know most of the trainers and fitness manager, so I pretty much am lucky with getting a job part time while I am finishing up my last semester. It will be good experience for me to work at a commercial gym for sure. good luck to you brah!
    Thanks, best of luck to you too! I'm sure you'll get it 2nd try. I actually have an interview at In-Shape if you've heard of it. Not my first choice, but a decent chain and somewhere to get my feet wet I guess. I literally got a call back 20 minutes after submitting my application and less-than-stellar resume. I think that speaks to the desirability of the certification!

Originally Posted by SammerJam View Post
    I'm not sure which text you have, but I used "ACSM's Resources for Personal Trainer" and felt that it helped a lot. I bought mine used on amazon for less than $10.
    I still felt like there was a good amount of anatomy and physiology. Study the structures of the heart and the way it pumps blood if you're unfamiliar with that.
    There are also some simple formulas that you will need to know like Target Heart Rate and Heart Rate Reserve.
    There are questions about which planes of movement exercises fall on and what muscles are the agonists/antagonists in a given movement.
    Spend a considerable amount of time learning about risk stratification and what levels and numbers are and aren't risk factors - from age and BMI to glucose, cholesterol, smoking, family history, etc. There will be a big paragraph about a potential client with all of their numbers and you will need to know exactly how many risk factors they have and what category they fall into based upon that.
    Go over all of the pre-participation health screenings and forms such as the PAR-Q.
    I didn't feel the legal questions were too large of a focus, and some may even be common sense or prior knowledge.
    There's also some psychology stuff and a few random acronyms that they like.
    150 multiple choice questions. You're able to flag questions you don't know and review them at the end of the exam. The little computer application that proctors the exam is easy to use.
    I'm probably forgetting some things, but I hope this helps. Keep studying and you should be fine!