Strongvi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strongvi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Increase bench press weight

How can I increase my bench press weight? I have stalled at 60KG for 3 sets of 5 reps and I'm eating above maintenance.

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You definitely shouldn't be stalling this fast, for could be a issue, maybe eat better before workouts I know if I carb up 30-45minutes before a workout it goes much better.
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13

thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Strongvi View Post
    How can I increase my bench press weight? I have stalled at 60KG for 3 sets of 5 reps and I'm eating above maintenance.
    Just make sure you have good form and Bench twice a week. You'll be gaining in no time.

Strongvi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strongvi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How many reps should I do? 8-12 or 1-5?

Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Strengthen your tri's because these will help you to push more weight.

Practice the close-grip bench press more often.

Do alternatives

Skull crushers
    Tricep Dips
    And look up tricep push ups.

YoBrah1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eating more doesn't necessarily mean strength gains brah
    Practice the movement, get used to it, let your nervous system get used to it and you should get stronger
    Yes, the other things come into play as well such as sleep, rest, nutrition etc

Aiedra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aiedra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aiedra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aiedra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aiedra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aiedra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aiedra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You could prolly better your bench if you do exercises to improve all the muscles involved in the exercise. I.e. Skullcrushers for triceps, military press for shoulders, flyes for chest. These exercises would help further develop the muscles involved and would increase your bench steadily.
    5'7" Master Race Crew
    Martial Arts Crew
    Ecto Crew
    Adonis Belt, No Abs crew

Pigwheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pigwheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pigwheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pigwheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pigwheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pigwheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pigwheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pigwheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pigwheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pigwheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pigwheels will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A few remedies for plateauing.

Drop sets (you'll want a spotter) - you lift a weight you feel pretty comfortable doing 10 reps of, and right after you finish that, you take some weight off as fast as you can (so you get like a 15 second rest) and do 10 more. Then you take more weight off and do 10 more. 30 reps with like 30 seconds of rest total. To do this effectively, you'll have to load the bar with like 3 10's on each side, not a 25 and a 5 for example. That way you can take off just one 10.

Negative sets (requires a spotter) - load up 145lb on the bar and do 3 sets of 5 reps instead of the 132lb you said you've been doing. On these reps, go down slowly and fight it. Then get assistance on the way up, but not TOO much assistance. The negative rule applies for all exercises though; you shouldn't go down as fast as you can and then go up, you should control the weight slowly.

Mix your bench workouts up - I usually do incline/decline of either barbell or dumbbell for my first workout, then move to whichever two I didn't just do. So if I did incline barbell first, I'd move to decline dumbbell. Then I'll move to flat fly's or dips or something.
    Pretty much everywhere... it's gonna be hot

How many sets and reps do you recommend?
    Last edited by Strongvi; 12-19-2013 at 12:40 PM.

bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000)
    Make sure to use perfect form , hitting the chest , and maybe try hitting the chest hard once a week

BigDez96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDez96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDez96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDez96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDez96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDez96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDez96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDez96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDez96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDez96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDez96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    deload 10-20lbs, eat over maintenance and do rep ranges like 3x3
    also make sure youre doing OHP it will help your bench.
    add tricep work/shoulder work if you are just a bench bro too
    ▪█─█▪OpenHeartSurgeryCrew▪█─█▪
    Accounting Crew
    Deadlifts and Pop Tarts
    Cutting sucks
    ▪█─█ ▪█─█