Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skulpt aim

jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skulpt aim

So Skulpt Aim is a new product that is going to hit the fitness market and personally I can't wait so I can get one of these....
    just wanted to see what some other fitness pros thought bout this....
    http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/492766/wdgi

SupaMonkeyZA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was wondering if you got a unit yet? Your thoughts? Im interested in getting one myself since they say its so accurate! Though I'm a bit wary about it just being another 'snake oil'...

jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SupaMonkeyZA View Post
    I was wondering if you got a unit yet? Your thoughts? Im interested in getting one myself since they say its so accurate! Though I'm a bit wary about it just being another 'snake oil'...
    the first batch of units is supposed to be shipped out next month sometime!

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks sweet. Did you ever get one? If so, whatcha think?
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Got mine yesterday. Pretty neat toy, very visual. Easy to use. Like it so far!

PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same here, looks good so far. Will track week to week...

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So... updates?

SNOWtheBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skulpt aim

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    So... updates?
    i bought one and it broke the first time i used it. Emaliled the company and haven't heard back so far a giant waste

Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One of my clients bought one.

Are they legit? I never heard of it before she mentioned it.

keithlefebvre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SerpentHearted View Post
    One of my clients bought one.

Are they legit? I never heard of it before she mentioned it.
    Bought one this week. Love this thing. Seems very accurate.

tucsonbroker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've had my Skulpt for about 2 weeks now and I like it so far. I do notice that it does have similar results as the handheld electronic meter that I already had. It does have the advantage that it tracks everything.

Anyone else notice that the BF% can vary as much as .5-.9% daily. I know my levels don't change that much over a 24 hour period, or do they?
    Attached Images

CelticRaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Got one the other day against my better judgement. It is a cool device, seems fairly accurate, however they have some technical issues, I have to resync it after almost every reading.

Fergienz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fergienz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey. I've been using an AIM for ~6 months now with pleasing results. I actually compared my recent reading with a DEXA scan to test it's accuracy.

You can see the results here at aferg.co/skulptreview

I'm also a PT so I've been using it with a lot of clients. I've put it to good use!

I really like it. Its great for tracking my own and my clients progress without booking for a dexa scan. Plus not everyone likes having their body pinched with calipers. I compared it to a dexa and its pretty accurate. The muscle quality feature is also pretty cool once you understand what its showing.
    Last edited by Fergienz; 09-25-2015 at 06:24 PM. Reason: error

LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I bought this product as a birthday present my self in May of this year, I wasn't impresses with the battery life per charge or the charging process itself but honestly it is great. Very easy to use and I keep it in my gym bag where I let my buddies it during show prep.
    Long term goal to do Arnold Classic Amateur Mens Physique

Current maxes:
    Deads: 455 1RM
    Bench: 335 1RM
    Squats: 335 2RM
    Finally hit that 1k Club and then some, you can achieve anything when you put your mind to it!

First (only) NPC show results: 1st True Novice/2nd Open Class A Mens Physique

Follow me on Instagram: liftinglou

Steveko89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I bought one of these on ebay a number of months ago. Personally, I like it a lot and regularly compare with scale and caliper measurements though I haven't done a DEXA or anything to compare yet. I've found the skulpt usually tracks 1-2% higher BF% than caliper measurements and 1-2% lower than what my scale says.

Overall, I think it's a nice tool, can see an increase in MQ (muscle quality) score throughout training and lets you know what to work on. Only the first gen so I would expect more improvements on the app over time and future hardware.

jtauberg is not very well liked. (-100) jtauberg is not very well liked. (-100) jtauberg is not very well liked. (-100) jtauberg is not very well liked. (-100) jtauberg is not very well liked. (-100) jtauberg is not very well liked. (-100) jtauberg is not very well liked. (-100) jtauberg is not very well liked. (-100) jtauberg is not very well liked. (-100) jtauberg is not very well liked. (-100) jtauberg is not very well liked. (-100)
    I've had a Skulpt Aim for a few months now. And while it took a while to get used to using it and knowing how to properly use it, once I did, it has been great. So much better than the other at home measuring tools.

Dougvon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Love my Skuplt

I have had mine for 6 months and the it so do my Clients. Great people run this company tey love feedback and have the fitness passion.

Jfksdogmax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been using my skulp aim since the first shipment (got in on the crowd funding), & I love it. The unit itself is easy and quick to use and seems to give very accurate information, & I love being able to track my progress with the iOS app. Also they have done a few updates to the software and I look forward to any more they do to improve on the ways you can track your progress. But overall I think it's well worth using.

Abenyishay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've found it to be consistent and very useful.

Some tips:

Wet both the skin and the device before measurements. Be very precise and consistent about placement. Don't take measurements after workouts--it'll skew the results. You can track progress of either individual muscles or, at the home page of the app, press on the graph to follow your total body progress. Note that total body BF% and MQ won't update via individual readings--that comes by a Quick Test or full body test. Delete individual readings if you've taken several for the same muscle in one sitting by long pressing the reading.

brpaterson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think the Skulpt is a great tool to accurately track your body changes. For me it has been very accurate and kept me motivated and i can see the results!

kbell0789 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skulpt

I've had my Skulpt for a number of months and although the battery life could be better it's pretty great overall. It's so easy to take measurements and it nice to start seeing your progress in muscle quality and about a week or so before you can see any changes in the mirror. Very motivating.

spini937 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Lovin' Skulpt

I've had my Skulpt since I got it early this year. The battery life is the big drawback. Honestly though, that's it. Skulpt has an easy to use interface, and the app that accompanies it on your phone is great, and being improved all the time. My muscle quotient has gone up, and I can tell when a specific muscle needs more attention. I highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a tool to help improve results.

mcmcguirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    At first I was only using mine once or twice a week, but there is a decent amount of variability (not sure if it's with my body, with how I measure, or just with the device itself) so I started taking measurements 4 to 5 times a week to get a better trend line of the data points.

I've dealt with their customer service folks a couple times (unfortunately), and aside from taking around a week to initially hear back from them regarding the separate tickets, they were great to work with and the issues got resolved exactly the way they should've been.

Fergienz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fergienz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Spam much

Mods - you may want to take a look at the validity of some of these comments above! Smells of fakeness
    Head coach of Alex Fergus Coaching (afcoaching.com.au)
    Optimising health & performance through diet, training, science and experiments!

JamesGWolff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have had my unit for a number of months now and am generally pretty happy with it. The things the other posters noted-- battery life and a somewhat buggy app are getting better with updates. I have found it to read consistently within 1% bf or so and right in the ballpark of what I get from calipers. The ticket, I think, is to use it often to obtain a large set of data points and, thus, an accurate trend of what's going on with my body. I certainly recommend over other at home methods.

Originally Posted by SNOWtheBear View Post
    i bought one and it broke the first time i used it. Emaliled the company and haven't heard back so far a giant waste
    lol!!!

jlr2001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    very good product, easy to use!!!!!!!

jlilnc14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's a good device to track your progress! You get stats on your muscle quality and body fat percentage! I use it twice a week to make sure my workout is improving my muscle quality and I track how i'm eating with the body fat stats. Works great so far! The app gets frequent update that improves the user interface and features.

FattyGilmore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not a pro or trainer just a regular dude

I picked up my Skulpt aim a few months ago and I love it actually. I think it's kinda cool to monitor my gains and losses more closely. If anyone is interested I have a discount code through skulpt that drops the unit to $130 if you purchase through the manufacturer. You'll get it for cheaper than me but whatever I thought I'd at least share the wealth in case anyone else is curious.
    Ok never mind I can't post a link bc I'm a newb here lol. If you're interested let me know

ixoye25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skulpt AIM

[QUOTE=jkdwarrior;1176334853]So Skulpt Aim is a new product that is going to hit the fitness market and personally I can't wait so I can get one of these....
    just wanted to see what some other fitness pros thought bout this....

I own one of these and really like it. I had a lot of folks at the box I workout at that were interested in it so I used them as reseach to test the tool. The end result was me really understanding the value in the tool and a lot of people really appreciating the process over calipers, the accuracy (maybe debatable), but more importantly the consistency. After I did a handful of BF% quick tests we ended up using it to set benchmarks for the boxes nutrion challenge. Long story short it has been a hit. Several people at the box and another gym owner have already purchased based on seeing their own results. More importantly what the really enjoyed was the Muscle Quality score.