Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Get that hammy rested up brother.

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First thing's first!!!

IMO, the best topping for bagels, hands down, is Peanut Butter and Fresh Preserves.

All day. Every damn day!!!

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Pre-exhaust on the bike before exercises?! Damnnnnnnn. I just puked reading that lol
    It honestly wasn't that bad. My wheels were feeling it today though lol.

The push presses were tougher to be honest.

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Get that hammy rested up brother.
    Feeling better today. I saw my team PT yesterday and she said my left quad was just a knotted mess. It more than likely caused the imbalance that led to the pull in my hammy.
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Today:

2 Cleans/1 Jerk:

Worked up to 242lbs for 3 sets.

The cleans were fast today for how railed my legs are.

Front Squats:

132x3 x2
    176x3 x2
    220x3
    242x3 x3
    286x3 x2
    308x3 x2

Rear DB Flies (5 count hold at top of all reps):
    (Used 5.75lb plates)

5.75lbs x 10 x 5sets

Overall:

Wheelz are DONEZO!!!

That is all.

Olympic Lifting Log:

Whats up this weekend?

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That's some strong ass front squatting!

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Whats up this weekend?
    It's Chris - snatch - every - damn - DAY!

Whats up this weekend?
    Same as always:

Friday: 3 clients/Lift/Work 430-12
    Saturday: 2 clients/Work double 11-12
    Sunday: Work 11-5/1 client

I'm a damn ghost on the weekends. I never stop. Always grindin.

Originally Posted by offroadatv200 View Post
    That's some strong ass front squatting!
    Nah, son...still weak.

When I can front squat 200kg (440lbs) for a smooth single, I'll be a bit happier. Still a ways to go.

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    It's Chris - snatch - every - damn - DAY!
    I wish. I need a little more snatch in my weekends

And really, don't we all?

Olympic Lifting Log:

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^I lol'd

Got a bruised rib playing football and it kills to back squat, and I was supposed to do speed squats yesterday. instead I did 8 sets of hang clean triples and i HURT today lol. Felt good to shake off the rust though. I was actually really surprised, I was only using 135 but it felt like nothing. My best ever power clean was 90kg, but I felt like I could power WAY more yesterday lol. Just thought you'd like to know
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

Glad i am not the only one working so much this weekend haha.

Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    ^I lol'd

Got a bruised rib playing football and it kills to back squat, and I was supposed to do speed squats yesterday. instead I did 8 sets of hang clean triples and i HURT today lol. Felt good to shake off the rust though. I was actually really surprised, I was only using 135 but it felt like nothing. My best ever power clean was 90kg, but I felt like I could power WAY more yesterday lol. Just thought you'd like to know
    Hell yeah!!!

Let's see you back on the platform from time to time. Serious gains to be had in those compounds. My upper back, legs, and tris, have never looked beefier.

Since pulling the bench out of all my client's programming, except my Powerlifters, and supplanting the power clean, EVERY single one has had less shoulder issues AND are generally becoming stronger in all their lifts. There's major carryover with the clean to just being stronger. And with power snatches, the ones I've taught it to ate getting fkn FAST!!!

All around though, you're slaying life!!! My man.

Olympic Lifting Log:

Glad i am not the only one working so much this weekend haha.
    Same thing every damn weekend. I'm relentless. But, it also allows me to be home all week with the kids to eat dinner as a family, do HW, take then to karate/make every soccer game/all choral concerts, etc...

Ain't a damn thing in life just show up at my door...
    Only HARD, RELENTLESS work has given me my life.

Olympic Lifting Log:

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TakedaShingen View Post
    Hell yeah!!!

Let's see you back on the platform from time to time. Serious gains to be had in those compounds. My upper back, legs, and tris, have never looked beefier.

Since pulling the bench out of all my client's programming, except my Powerlifters, and supplanting the power clean, EVERY single one has had less shoulder issues AND are generally becoming stronger in all their lifts. There's major carryover with the clean to just being stronger. And with power snatches, the ones I've taught it to ate getting fkn FAST!!!

All around though, you're slaying life!!! My man.
    Very interesting carryover...care to continue elaborating? Always want to learn
    advertising not permitted

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    Very interesting carryover...care to continue elaborating? Always want to learn
    Unless bench is one of your competition lifts, I don't see much benefit in having it in. I don't view it as overly useful strength. The main function of the pectoral muscle is to bring the arm across the chest. I don't need a huge amount of strength to do so lol. And, if we look at it from that biomechanical standpoint, things like flies and crossovers are much more beneficial to pec development. That's just my .02 though.

For the clean:
    -The first pull of the clean mimics the deadlift, and can any of us argue the benefits of the deadlift.
    -The second pull teaches how to consciously utilize glute/hamstring movement in a force production fashion.
    -The third pull is a combo of an upright row and a high pull.
    -The finish is caught in a front rack position, forcing dexterity and mobility in the shoulders and lats. This is also caught in a portion of a squat.

From this point, you can ride it to the hole, press it, jerk it, or drop it to a hang position causing both TUT activation of the upper back and entire rear chain. From the hang, you can clean it again and again.

The full body nature and complexity of the efficiently done clean, I believe, is integral in creating speed, strength, and dexterity.

In my client base, it has had carryover in basically every aspect of training regardless of sport. It teaches the individual to drive through the heel, but also extend through the entire body to create drive. This carries over to jumping, pulling, and even creates more stability in things that involve throwing, etc...

I've noticed HUGE differences in just that one small change.
    Last edited by TakedaShingen; 09-20-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Olympic Lifting Log:

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unless bench is one of your competition lifts, I don't see much benefit in having it in. I don't view it as overly useful strength. The main function of the pectoral muscle is to bring the arm across the chest. I don't need a huge amount of strength to do so lol. And, if we look at it from that biomechanical standpoint, things like flies and crossovers are much more beneficial to pec development. That's just my .02 though.

For the clean:
    -The first pull of the clean mimics the deadlift, and can any of us argue the benefits of the deadlift.
    -The second pull teaches how to consciously utilize glute/hamstring movement in a force production fashion.
    -The finish is caught in a front rack position, forcing dexterity and mobility in the shoulders and lats. This is also caught in a portion of a squat.

From this point, you can ride it to the hole, press it, jerk it, or drop it to a hang position causing both TUT activation of the upper back and entire rear chain. From the hang, you can clean it again and again.

The full body nature and complexity of the efficiently done clean, I believe, is integral in creating speed, strength, and dexterity.

In my client base, it has had carryover in basically every aspect of training regardless of sport. It teaches the individual to drive through the heel, but also extend through the entire body to create drive. This carries over to jumping, pulling, and even creates more stability in things that involve throwing, etc...

Bench press for pec development is truly interdependent depending upon the engagement, contraction, and tension one can produce in their chest IMHO.

Awesome details on the clean man much appreciated! Its a movement I've always appreciated but never really implemented (as with many other training variables.)

Thanks bro!
    advertising not permitted

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

For the clean:

Science bitch.

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Science bitch.
    LOL - This!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    Bench press for pec development is truly interdependent depending upon the engagement, contraction, and tension one can produce in their chest IMHO.

Awesome details on the clean man much appreciated! Its a movement I've always appreciated but never really implemented (as with many other training variables.)

Thanks bro!
    I don't disagree with you. I'm merely talking biomechanics.

Give the clean, at least the power clean, a go. It's a ton of fun and the more compounds I can have integrated the better

Olympic Lifting Log:

Science bitch.
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    LOL - This!

Always on that knowledge grind. I spend my down time reading A&P, biomechanics, periodization, mobility, programming, etc... Books, articles, and PDFs. I want to know as much information on human movement, physics, and strength development as possible, so I may be the best athlete I can and so I may be the best coach I can.

My approaches and methodology are constantly evolving. No stagnation of mindset in regards to anything.

Always...Getting...Better...
    Always...Helping...Others...Do...The...Same...

Olympic Lifting Log:

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unless bench is one of your competition lifts, I don't see much benefit in having it in. I don't view it as overly useful strength. The main function of the pectoral muscle is to bring the arm across the chest. I don't need a huge amount of strength to do so lol. And, if we look at it from that biomechanical standpoint, things like flies and crossovers are much more beneficial to pec development. That's just my .02 though...
    He is correct!

She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

Originally Posted by deltpecx View Post
    He is correct!

Agree you do, glad I am.
    Strong, The Council must remain.

Poor spelling and punctuation of memes, condone I cannot.

Olympic Lifting Log:

My schedule is really starting to stack up. These days and weeks are getting longer and longer all the time. Working on building an empire over here

Mild deload this week. After 4 weeks of heavy volume work, full of complexes and torment, it's finally time to smooth out. One more cycle of 4wks, I imagine, before picking up some Bulgarian work to run through the new year.

Yesterday:

Muscle Snatches:

Up to 110lbs for 5 sets of 5.

Power Cleans (Floor/Below Knee/Below Knee):

Up to 176lbs for 4 triples.

Squats:

Up to 330lbs for 3 doubles.

Overall:

Simple session. Squats feel heavy. Quad still not back up to 100% and it's showing. Hammy feeling great...a non-issue.

Today:

Even though it's a deload, the way the week is programmed, I'm maxing out Snatches today and C&Js on Friday for 3 heavy singles. Coach calls the weights judging by how they look. He expects to see those 3 singles at 85% of 1RM, since I have done a full Snatch or C&J single from the floor in a full month. He expects the motion patterns to be f*cked.

Snatches (All Singles from Floor):

110lbs x3 sets
    154lbs x2 sets
    176lbs
    187lbs x2 sets - 85%
    198lbs. - 90%
    209lbs x2 sets - 95%
    220lbs x3 sets - 100%

Even though I smoked these, I still was not happy. I missed a rep at 90 and 95%, and even though I took em right away and buried em cold, I HATE MISSING. My coach was ecstatic that I matched my 1RM and was literally astonished that I achieved that. I was not pleased and I will be working even harder.

I can't wait to pull off the floor again!!! I'm coming for those weights.

Jerks from the Split:
    (Stay in split and do jerk motion from there. Teaches heavy drive from the shoulders and stability in the legs. These are miserable.)

Up to 132lbs for 8 sets of 5.

Clean Pulls (Floor/Below Knee/Below Knee):

Up to 286lbs for 5 triples.

Additional Work:
    (You're going to start seeing some extra work done in addition to my normal programming. Sometimes it will be strength, others a met-con.)

Today is...
    Deadlifts:

225x5 x2
    315x5 x2
    365x3
    385x3 x2
    405x3
    425x1 x3

Took me 20min. Short rest times and just getting back into some heavier P-Chain work. Felt good.

Overall:
    Decent session, but I can definitely tell it's time to 1.)Up food intake and 2.)Deload off this volume cycle for a couple days.

Never satisfied. Always working harder and harder.

Olympic Lifting Log:

way to listen to your body and deload brother. I know that work schedule feel

way to listen to your body and deload brother. I know that work schedule feel
    Honestly, I don't even think about it. My coach programs them every 4-6wks whether you believe you need one or not. I'm on board this time lol.

Olympic Lifting Log:

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Agree you do, glad I am.
    Strong, The Council must remain.

Poor spelling and punctuation of memes, condone I cannot.

LOL!

Grammar strong at I am not.
    Syntax structure fail I do.
    Aged I have.
    Spelling has failed me.
    Understood me you did!
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

Originally Posted by deltpecx View Post
    LOL!

Grammar strong at I am not.
    Syntax structure fail I do.
    Aged I have.
    Spelling has failed me.
    Understood me you did!
    Age matter not. Timeless you are.

Understand you I do

Olympic Lifting Log:

Good day, everyone!!!

Been a heavy couple days of training. LOTS of martial arts.

Last night, the kids and I attended a Brazilian JiuJitzu seminar. It was a ton of fun. Kid's session ran from 6-7 and adults from 7-930. Learned a bunch of new techniques and approaches to movement patterns regarding takedowns, sweeps, traps, and submissions such as triangles and arm-bars. I won't even front like I'm not sore from it.

Today:

Very technique oriented karate session from 11:30-1. Most of us were pretty rough from the BJJ last night, so we stuck with very technically oriented stuff.

Then, the gym at 1:30.
    Nothing crazy, but that's because I'm doing full C&J singles for the first time in a month. Still on a moderate deload, so today was an easy day.

Power Cleans (triples all from above knee):

Worked up to 187lbs for 4 triples.

BTN Jerks:

Worked up to 187lbs for 3 sets of 5.

Front Squats:

Worked up to 286lbs for 4 singles.

Overall:
    Easy day. Tomorrow will be fun.

Raised food intake a little this week and I'm feeling a bit better. Perfectly timed with a deload.

Olympic Lifting Log:

Your kids are going to be badasses growing up
    Anyone messes with them and they will be dropped in seconds lol.

Your kids are going to be badasses growing up
    Anyone messes with them and they will be dropped in seconds lol.
    Funny part is...
    They were the ones that bugged me about going to the seminar lol. They made me promise last week that we'd make it.

#proudparentmoments

Olympic Lifting Log:

End of deload week...

Feeling pretty beat up from all the martial arts this week. Deload is such a relative term lol.

I'm hoping next week isn't the start of another complex volume cycle. Blahhhhhh. I'd much rather see the competition lifts make a comeback as the norm. I feel like I hadn't snatched and C&Jd in forever.

First C&J singles in a month today...
    Here goes...

C&J Singles:

132lbs x 1 x3 sets -w.u.
    176lbs x 1 x2 sets -w.u.
    198 x 1
    220 x 1
    242 x 1
    264 x 1
    275 x 1 -miss (mistimed the clean and when I stood it up, I was smoked for the jerk)
    275 x 1 - NAILED IT!!! Tied PR
    280.5lbs x 1 - PR!!! Only by 5.5lbs, but a PR is a PR.

127.5kg/280.5lb PR:

Mistimed the clean a little and caught it just a little forward, but stood it up and the jerk was right on. Cleans feel like snatches did on Tuesday, just a little off. Not too bad though for not having done the full motions in a month. Hoping to get back to the swing of things with competition lifts every week. Hopefully lots of heavy sh*t

Snatch Pulls:

Worked up to 242lbs x 3 x5 sets

Front Squats:

Worked up to 286 x 1 x 5 sets

Nothing crazy, but my wheels are smoked!!!

Overall:
    I'm ready to eat some food and gear up for work for the weekend. I took Sunday off all day for no reason and I'm gonna spend it eating and doing nothing. Looking forward to it.

Decent deload week all things considered. Ready to really get after it. Probably a squat program coming as well.

Olympic Lifting Log:

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    End of deload week...

Feeling pretty beat up from all the martial arts this week. Deload is such a relative term lol.
    LOL - Aint that the truth!

Motivating me going into the weekend brotha. Thank you
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/