Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by crowe15 View Post
    I'm not sure what they are saying?

Are purebreeds more healthy? Or interbreeding dogs AKA mutts more healthy?

I know breeding is an issue
    It's the breeding of known ''problems'' to create a specific look. They talked about the Rhodesian Ridgeback in the documentary. It is known that the dogs with ridges have a higher risk of spina bifida and that the ones without ridges are overall healthier. But, due to a ''standard'' only the ones with ridges are bred even though they do absolutely nothing for the dog.

Originally Posted by Poon_Handler View Post
    Lol at you ***gots looking the truth in the face and still claiming there is nothing wrong with these dogs. I never let it cross my mind until I bought a GSD and decided to use the topic for my research paper. Our intoxication with "aesthetics" is ruining these animals. Lol at the douche posting his vanity awards. Unless it's a Schutzhund III title it's not worth ****.
    Those are a combination of weight pulling, treadmill racing, and conformation ribbons.
    "The Bible is an anvil that has worn out many hammers."

Misc zombie survival BRAVO Squad: Kicking ass and chewing bubble gum and I'm all out of gum.

craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by xITHYPHALLIC View Post
    And people say evolution isn't real...

lmao
    i think the counter argument to that is no matter how much you fuk them up, make them look however you want, they are still all dogs. they aren't morphing into some other animal.
    semper fidelis 04-08 0311
    cvc

gifmastermike is just really nice. (+1000) gifmastermike is just really nice. (+1000) gifmastermike is just really nice. (+1000) gifmastermike is just really nice. (+1000) gifmastermike is just really nice. (+1000) gifmastermike is just really nice. (+1000) gifmastermike is just really nice. (+1000) gifmastermike is just really nice. (+1000) gifmastermike is just really nice. (+1000) gifmastermike is just really nice. (+1000) gifmastermike is just really nice. (+1000)
    BRB Black Labs

KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lol thanks for awaring me on this. I always wondered why my golden has ****in **** stamina (srs) tires within a few minutes into a jog, thought that was weird because goldens are supposed to be working dogs. But yeah hes a "purebred" from local showdog winner. He looks the role of a proper proper golden, but id be damn if hes not the dumbest golden i ever met with **** stamina to boot..

not to say that this is why hes like that but could just be one of the many possibilities out there, maybe we just bad owners

miromoet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) miromoet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) miromoet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) miromoet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) miromoet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) miromoet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) miromoet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) miromoet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) miromoet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) miromoet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) miromoet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wow from going through this thread I will never own any kind of animal as a "pet". We as the human species have interfered and messed up almost everything we touch on this earth in terms of things that should be natural that it makes me sick. These "pedigree" dogs are nothing more than humans forming and shaping breeds into what they think is "right" instead of just letting these animals live as they were put on this earth to. It seems as though people against "mutts" are the nazi's of the animal world, where inbreeding is considered okay. Phuck this stupid earth.

AichaAicha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AichaAicha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AichaAicha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AichaAicha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AichaAicha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AichaAicha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AichaAicha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AichaAicha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AichaAicha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AichaAicha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AichaAicha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I volunteer at a no-kill dog shelter every weekend, I like the discussion going on in this thread, better then ignoring the fact that thousands of healthy young dogs are euthanized every day. Best dogs are shelter dogs. Pics of dogs from the shelter I volunteer at

J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KevC View Post
    lol thanks for awaring me on this. I always wondered why my golden has ****in **** stamina (srs) tires within a few minutes into a jog, thought that was weird because goldens are supposed to be working dogs. But yeah hes a "purebred" from local showdog winner. He looks the role of a proper proper golden, but id be damn if hes not the dumbest golden i ever met with **** stamina to boot..

not to say that this is why hes like that but could just be one of the many possibilities out there, maybe we just bad owners
    Goldens have been ruined for awhile due to their popularity. They've been over bred.

Misc zombie survival BRAVO Squad: Kicking ass and chewing bubble gum and I'm all out of gum.

MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by J-Bol View Post
    Goldens have been ruined for awhile due to their popularity. They've been over bred.

BS. Prove it
    Pureblood

¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Он не человек, он как куÑок железа

DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MuscleXtreme View Post
    Nothing more annoying than self-righteuous "adopters" trying to push their adoption dogma.

Purebred Alpha Golden Retriever crew. U mad?
    No, but you'll be when you're paying out the ass for whatever genetic disorder it gets in a year or two lol.

Mutts are genetically superior than purebreds, and will always make better dogs.
    "It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly." - Isaac Asimov

I'm a Tunnel Snake

FC: 5300-9524-4556

davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The whole point of selective breeding isn't to make them more fit to survive nature, it's to appease us humans for whatever reason.

The current pig isn't as strong as a wild boar with tusks who can defend itself.
    It's basically only good to be turned into bacon.

DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by craig84 View Post
    i think the counter argument to that is no matter how much you fuk them up, make them look however you want, they are still all dogs. they aren't morphing into some other animal.
    Evolution can occur within a species too...

Originally Posted by davesterrr View Post
    The whole point of selective breeding isn't to make them more fit to survive nature, it's to appease us humans for whatever reason.

The current pig isn't as strong as a wild boar with tusks who can defend itself.
    It's basically only good to be turned into bacon.
    Those are raised as livestock, though. Not to be a companion in life.

Fact of the matter is those popular breeds that people have started to inbreed were themselves made up by mixing many different lines of dogs. They never started "purebred" and were kept that way.

Mutts > Purebred
    "It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly." - Isaac Asimov

I'm a Tunnel Snake

FC: 5300-9524-4556

BS. Prove it
    How do you want me to prove it? It is what it is. It's well known that the Golden Retriever, due to a boom in popularity was over bred to supply the demand. Same can be said for many breeds.

MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How do you want me to prove it? It is what it is. It's well known that the Golden Retriever, due to a boom in popularity was over bred to supply the demand. Same can be said for many breeds.

You said goldens are ruined. How are they ruined and then prove it with studies. Otherwise, acknowledge that you're just stating your opinion based on limites subjective experience.

Go to any shelter there are a lot more pits than there are goldens. And goldens are the ones that are over populated?

Goldens are routinely ranked as one of the top 5 most intelligent dogs. But somehow they are ruined?

Goldens are routinely winning and outperforming in agility and dock diving competitions. But somehow they are ruined?
    Pureblood

¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Он не человек, он как куÑок железа

ChiefBeach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChiefBeach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChiefBeach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChiefBeach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChiefBeach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChiefBeach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChiefBeach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChiefBeach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChiefBeach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChiefBeach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChiefBeach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lost a dog to cancer about a year ago today. It was a purebred from a family of show dogs, great dog but only made it to 8 years old, many other dogs from the same litter died within 6 months of each other. Pretty fuarked for both the owners and the dogs themselves.
    Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156912683
    Instagram: @chiefbeach - Will follow back

yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by basement iron View Post
    Breeders are the enemy of canine welfare.

Besides the above article, breeders pump out millions of puppies every year into a country that already euthanizes millions of unwanted dogs every year.

Adopt, always adopt.
    why if millions are being killed anyway? Adopting is not going to save everyone and you might get a ****ed up dog.

drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000)
    been saying it for years. pet people are fuken creeps
    -even lifts
    -gonna make it or die trying crew
    -no fat chicks crew
    -#1 career thread creator

swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yea but no one forces them to fuk. dogs just fuk anything.

drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's the breeding of known ''problems'' to create a specific look. They talked about the Rhodesian Ridgeback in the documentary. It is known that the dogs with ridges have a higher risk of spina bifida and that the ones without ridges are overall healthier. But, due to a ''standard'' only the ones with ridges are bred even though they do absolutely nothing for the dog.

Those are a combination of weight pulling, treadmill racing, and conformation ribbons.
    "the bible is an anvil that has worn out many hammers"

religious pet people...............

-even lifts
    -gonna make it or die trying crew
    -no fat chicks crew
    -#1 career thread creator

You said goldens are ruined. How are they ruined and then prove it with studies. Otherwise, acknowledge that you're just stating your opinion based on limites subjective experience.

Go to any shelter there are a lot more pits than there are goldens. And goldens are the ones that are over populated?

Goldens are routinely ranked as one of the top 5 most intelligent dogs. But somehow they are ruined?
    Of course not every golden is ruined, but in general they are not true representatives to the breed anymore. I don't know what else to tell you. They still may rank high, but that means nothing. I also said the same can be said for many breeds. Gsds are another ruined breed. Pits are going through it right now and watch cane corsos take the plunge next.

Originally Posted by drFEEL View Post
    "the bible is an anvil that has worn out many hammers"

religious pet people...............

What does this mean?

MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol @ the poster defending inbreeding it is never ok even there is supposed strategy behind it

neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I used to think eugenics was a good idea.... but after reading this thread, allowing people to breed humans like dogs would lead to some f'ed up looking people.

brb weener dog people

brb everyones 6'4, blonde hair, blue eyes, and dies of cancer before turning 30

all women would have huge asses to the point that their spines are curved, causing paralysis by age 25

Originally Posted by MrBest View Post
    lol @ the poster defending inbreeding. It's never ok even if there is a supposed strategy behind it
    It's perfectly ok and utilized by almost every breeder.

@musclextreme: here's an article from '92 dealing with the topic of the golden being over bred. http://articles.philly.com/1993-10-1...an-kennel-club

jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AsianMike View Post
    Retarted statements redacted for the misc's benefit.
    This thread, but mostly you, asian mike is the most concentrated form of retardation i have ever seen in my whole entire life.

FACT: Mutts are likely to be healthier than most purebred dogs.
    FACT: The best dog, with the least issues would be adopting an 8 week old, well taken care of mutt.

Sources: http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-exp...than-purebreds

**** u asian mike. Y, Cus you are a full blown, retard who makes a habit of saying some very dumb ****.

in the spirit of misc, asian mike, you are a *******. Go suk sum cawk.
    Sig line can't be a novel

Deez Nutz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deez Nutz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deez Nutz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deez Nutz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deez Nutz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deez Nutz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deez Nutz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deez Nutz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deez Nutz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deez Nutz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deez Nutz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    my basset looks like the one a 100 years ago. feels good man

NoBromoYo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoBromoYo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoBromoYo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoBromoYo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoBromoYo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoBromoYo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoBromoYo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoBromoYo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoBromoYo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoBromoYo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoBromoYo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Have a 10 year old Schnauzer that might have pancreatic cancer, find out next week.

My mutt that died this year lived to the age of 17. Every mutt we've had has outlived their purebred bros. Just my experiences.

Originally Posted by NoBromoYo View Post
    Have a 10 year old Schnauzer that might have pancreatic cancer, find out next week.

My mutt that died this year lived to the age of 17. Every mutt we've had has outlived their purebred bros. Just my experiences.
    It simply depends on the dog. I've known purebreds that died unexpectedly at a couple years and known others that lived 15yrs. Same with mutts.

LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by neowolfe View Post
    I used to think eugenics was a good idea.... but after reading this thread, allowing people to breed humans like dogs would lead to some f'ed up looking people.

brb weener dog people

brb everyones 6'4, blonde hair, blue eyes, and dies of cancer before turning 30

all women would have huge asses to the point that their spines are curved, causing paralysis by age 25
    made me lol

Endymi0n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Endymi0n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Endymi0n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Endymi0n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Endymi0n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Endymi0n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Endymi0n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Endymi0n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Endymi0n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Endymi0n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Endymi0n is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Fukkin sick and depressing

SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000)

luzz223 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) luzz223 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) luzz223 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) luzz223 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) luzz223 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) luzz223 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) luzz223 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) luzz223 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) luzz223 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) luzz223 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) luzz223 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AsianMike View Post
    every dog today was once part of artificial selection. All dogs came from wolves after all
    Makes sense why you were double mod negged.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167930303 - Luzz's Log

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." — George Orwell (Ty psai)

++ Positive Crew ++
    ***Canadian Crew***
    Former 300LB+ Crew
    -x-

Red Wings - Colts