WichettyMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1 year and half progress - what should I do now?

The progress I've made is not good for the time span because I made a lot of mistakes and had to restart a lot of times.

Until 2011 I was completely sedentary, I started to go to a gym in January 2012 and also started to take Muay Thai classes. However, since my diet didn't changed and I didn't worked out properly, it barely made a difference.

Only in June 2012 I started to realise how fat I was getting and started to take it seriously. I got a routine (a 5-day split made by a PT) and changed my diet.

I did this for abouth 4 months.

In January, I started to get obssesed with losing what was left of my moobs and make my six-pack visible, so I started to starve myself. Yeah, I had no idea of what the hell I was doing. As a result, I ended up a skeleton.

One day I finally realised what I was doing was pointless and I had to build some muscle first. I started to "Bulk", but still doing the splits made by PTs at the gym. This only lasted one month.

In April, I finnaly started to do the compounds with SL 5x5. However, I continued in the old fitness gym and I made the mistake of not using a oly bar and not counting the weight of it in my lifts.

When I changed to a decent gym in May, when I went to start from where I had stopped, the weight was so heavy I could barely unrack the bar, let alone attemp a rep in all my lifts. I decided to start all over.

I did SL 5x5 for 3 months and then changed to 3x5, but progressing was starting to get real hard and I had a lot of PTs commenting on my Squat form. I was squatting too low, and as a result I was ****ing up my form and couldn't progress anymore.

Then I started SS and relearned the form in all exercises and here I am. So far only one month in.

I'm 19 years old, 180 cm (5'11). Weighted 81 kgs (178 lbs) in June 2012. Went from 65 kg (143 lbs) in February, end of my "cut". Currently weighting around 85 kgs (187 lbs).

About the pics: 1.jpg = June 2012, before starting to work out seriously
    2.jpg = after the "cut"
    3.jpg = how I started SL 5x5
    4.jpg = after SL 5x5
    5.jpg = current body

What should I do now? Cut or continue bulking? While I think I'm getting too fat to continue bulking, I also think I'm not strong enough to cut.
    Attached Images

bump

Come on guys, help..

bam757 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam757 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam757 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam757 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam757 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam757 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam757 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam757 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam757 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam757 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam757 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ur pretty fat now. If i were u i would cut down. Dont starve yourself, remember you want to atleast eat 1g per lb of lean bodyweight, cardio and lift heavy. Btw, starving wont do you any good, all that muscle youve gained would be wasted. Im pretty sure theres simple cutting diet plans/routines on this forum you can look at.

shockeymo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep working hard. Some peoples bodies work differently. Don't be discouraged

Originally Posted by bam757 View Post
    Ur pretty fat now. If i were u i would cut down. Dont starve yourself, remember you want to atleast eat 1g per lb of lean bodyweight, cardio and lift heavy. Btw, starving wont do you any good, all that muscle youve gained would be wasted. Im pretty sure theres simple cutting diet plans/routines on this forum you can look at.
    I get it. I'll start cutting this week. I won't starve myself, it was a dumb mistake I made when I had no idea of how the body works.

Now, should I pick a ketogenic diet?
    Do I continue with SS during cutting? Should I deload or keep increasing?
    And aren't I going to lose a bit of muscle mass during cutting? Isn't this going to bring me back to skeleton mode?

Bump, help guys...

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WichettyMan View Post
    I get it. I'll start cutting this week.

Isn't this going to bring me back to skeleton mode?

Read the following nutrition stickys, if you haven't already:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851

This will help calculating your calories/macros:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

Registered User UsernameOfPeace's Avatar
    UsernameOfPeace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UsernameOfPeace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UsernameOfPeace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UsernameOfPeace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UsernameOfPeace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UsernameOfPeace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UsernameOfPeace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UsernameOfPeace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UsernameOfPeace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UsernameOfPeace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UsernameOfPeace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would eat around maintenance and lift, you still got noob gains left to make.

I don't like SS tbh, I'd pick a bro split personally or a 5x5 routine.

& fukk keto, just cut out the junk food.
    Custom, tradition, and intellectual laziness lead men to follow their religious
    leaders blindly.

Misc, a place where
    - middle class kids comfort each other agreeing that poor people are lazy and that the rich have no advantages
    - attractive non-white people have "white features"
    - police are gods and should not be questioned
    - abuse to dogs is more important than abuse to humans
    ***Number of people made mad by sig so far: 3***

Brainlock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brainlock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brainlock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brainlock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brainlock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brainlock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brainlock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brainlock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brainlock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brainlock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brainlock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep working hard. Some peoples bodies work differently. Don't be discouraged

Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    keep work hard

Posting progress so far, dropped from 85 to 79 kgs.
    Attached Images

jude93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jude93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jude93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jude93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jude93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jude93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jude93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jude93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jude93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jude93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jude93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    for cutting try carb cycling for 1-2 months and see how it goes, i think it may go well for your body.

nmb2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nmb2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nmb2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nmb2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nmb2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nmb2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nmb2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nmb2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nmb2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nmb2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nmb2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by WichettyMan View Post
    Posting progress so far, dropped from 85 to 79 kgs.
    I don't know what your exact goals are but personally I wouldn't even consider "cutting"......you look tiny. You need to peg your diet down and lift hard......eat around maintenance and start counting your macro's. You don't have to eat "clean" or be a slave to your diet....that is a good way to fail IMO. (unless you can tough it out) Just cut out the sugar and other non-sense that you don't need and IIFYM, eat it.

Reading your posts makes me think of the term "paralysis by analysis".....there is so much info out there its easy to get stuck in this if you let yourself. If you feel you *need* a program, pick the one that you like best and stick with it for 6 months. As for your diet...figure out your BMR and DCN. Start at maintenance or slightly over, pick a macro split, and make a meal plan. Stick to that for at least a month before making any adjustments. Any adjustments need to be made in small increments, like 50cal/day.

umarboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umarboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umarboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umarboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umarboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umarboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umarboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umarboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umarboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umarboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know what you are eating but I would highly recommend that you get a meal plan from some athlete. There are hundreds of them available on the internet now and they aren't really expensive anymore because of the competition.