AbsolutCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Extreme weight lose?

Roughly 5-6 years ago I was an amazing shape. 185lbs. 12% body fat. Very athletic. Over the years I have totally let myself go. I'm roughly 260-265 now. Due to my job and new physical requirements. I literally have roughly 6 months to lose a bulk of it. I'm kinda out of the loop so I'm not sure about what supplements are around now and what's changed

My plan is a low carb diet

Breakfast 2 eggs with turkey sausage and a glass skim milk. Lunch a low carb wheat wrap with grilled chicken peppers and low fat cheese. Snack fresh Mozzeralla or cottage cheese and veggies. Dinner nice lean piece of meat with fresh veggies and finally a low carb / low cal post workout shake.

I've picked up some multi vitamins, potassium, and I grabbed a bottle of hypershred to try out

In terms of working out

I'm think 3 days weight training with cardio

2 days straight cardio

And 2 days rest

Can I get some input on this plan? FYI I'm a firefighter emt who was warned to get his fatass in gear. I have no objections to long hard work outs of 2x a days.

I was also told to check out the paleo diet? Any pros cons vs a low carb high protein diet?

Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just need to eat at a caloric deficit to lose weight. Cardio will help the deficit if you need it, but isn't necessary. Figure out your TDEE and cut from there. Most people will tell you -500 calories, but at 5'8" 265, you've got high body fat and could probably cut at a steeper deficit than that for a while before doing any harm. Have you read the stickies?

I actually missed that. I'm gonna read through them now. Two last questions. What's the best cardio equipment for burning calories? Treadmill, elliptical, stair machine? Also what's the best "current" supplement for weight lose / fat blocker?

Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    cardio is cardio. If you are intent on doing it, do whatever you like best. You don't need supplements. IMO the fat loss stuff is mostly crap, but I haven't tried everything so I can't say truly. If you can get the nutrients you need to meet your macro requirements from food, that is ideal. If you can't reach your protein, then supplement with whey/creatine as needed.

sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by AbsolutCaptain View Post
    I actually missed that. I'm gonna read through them now. Two last questions. What's the best cardio equipment for burning calories? Treadmill, elliptical, stair machine? Also what's the best "current" supplement for weight lose / fat blocker?
    You can start out with 20 mins twice a week on a stationary bike. When you get down to the low two hundreds you could dispence with the cardio and start doing high rep squats 20--30 for two sets once every 4--7 days depending on your recovery rate.This will take your metabolism into hyper drive.

And hold muscle mass while the fat melts away.

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sentinel3 View Post
    You can start out with 20 mins twice a week on a stationary bike. When you get down to the low two hundreds you could dispence with the cardio and start doing high rep squats 20--30 for two sets once every 4--7 days depending on your recovery rate.This will take your metabolism into hyper drive.

And hold muscle mass while the fat melts away.
    Again, NO.

OP, I'm also an EMT, here in NYC. Let me tell you this, losing fat and getting into much better shape will have a great effect on your job. Things get so much easier out there. You back stops hurting so much when you have a rough day. At one point I was in so much pain after a few injuries working that I had to stand in the back of the ambulance because I was so uncomfortable. Working hot summer days in uniform actually become bearable. Having more confidence in yourself will spill over into your patient care skills. Patients and their families notice this. Ever had a doctor or a nurse space off when getting a report from you or are "to busy" to answer inquiries you might have? Their attitudes change as yours does and you command more respect with your confidence and posture alone. Many people may think what I'm saying makes no sense but I am speaking from first hand experience.

As far as your training goes. Get yourself on a lifting program. Perfect your form and build your strength. You know that will come in handy out there.

Don't go on some gimmick diet. Read the stickies. Learn how to count and track macronutrients. Keep your meals interesting and diverse so that you don't end up abandoning your goals due to over restriction or boredom.

StormyGal8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jbtyson View Post
    You don't need supplements. IMO the fat loss stuff is mostly crap, but I haven't tried everything so I can't say truly.
    THIS!!
    If we could find skinny in a pill, we would all be thin already!!

vadimmmo is just really nice. (+1000) vadimmmo is just really nice. (+1000) vadimmmo is just really nice. (+1000) vadimmmo is just really nice. (+1000) vadimmmo is just really nice. (+1000) vadimmmo is just really nice. (+1000) vadimmmo is just really nice. (+1000) vadimmmo is just really nice. (+1000) vadimmmo is just really nice. (+1000) vadimmmo is just really nice. (+1000) vadimmmo is just really nice. (+1000)
    sounds like youre about to over do it. its actually really simple.
    lift heavy, eat less, and be consistent

5-8 at 265, i bet if you replace the soda in your diet with water the first 10 lbs will fly off.
    Bench 345lb
    Squat 475lb
    Deadlift 555lb

"If you're lean, you're not big enough.
    If you're big, you're not lean enough"

Cheap Under Armour at my Ebay store! Pm for BB.com discount
    http://www.ebay.com/usr/cheapnstylish

Originally Posted by StormyGal8 View Post
    THIS!!
    If we could find skinny in a pill, we would all be thin already!!
    Lol I'm not looking for a magical diet pill. More so a thermogenic or something to add it and give an extra boost