Mclearywow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mclearywow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mclearywow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mclearywow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mclearywow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mclearywow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mclearywow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mclearywow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mclearywow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mclearywow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mclearywow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training for the army~ but my gainz though

So here's the situation brahs, I've applied for the army, and to get in I'm required to pass a fitness test in which requires me to run 2.4km in under 10 minutes, along with multiple 25 minute jogs throughout the week. Now I barely cardio, reason being it takes me forever to gain muscle and I lose it very fast if I am to cardio, how should I go about squeezing in this cardio fitness whilst still keeping some good mass nutrition and training wise? Or is it inevitable that I'm going to like Gandhi?

Registered User Vercingetorix83's Avatar
    Vercingetorix83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vercingetorix83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vercingetorix83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vercingetorix83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vercingetorix83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vercingetorix83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vercingetorix83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vercingetorix83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vercingetorix83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vercingetorix83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vercingetorix83 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mclearywow View Post
    So here's the situation brahs, I've applied for the army, and to get in I'm required to pass a fitness test in which requires me to run 2.4km in under 10 minutes, along with multiple 25 minute jogs throughout the week. Now I barely cardio, reason being it takes me forever to gain muscle and I lose it very fast if I am to cardio, how should I go about squeezing in this cardio fitness whilst still keeping some good mass nutrition and training wise? Or is it inevitable that I'm going to like Gandhi?
    Hit your protein needs and increase calories to compensate for increased activity level. One of my best buddies was a combat medic for years, huge guy; at the time he went into basic he was 6' at about 230 and maybe 15-20% BF. He lost some mucle mass in basic, but only once he got there b/c they didn't feed him enough to maintain his size. While he was training to get in, if anything he *gained* weight.

Just eat, you'll be fine.

rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100)
    you cant have it both ways

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    stay in a caloric surplus while adding in cardio, i recommend HIIT
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

XRedLegX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XRedLegX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XRedLegX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XRedLegX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XRedLegX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XRedLegX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XRedLegX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XRedLegX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XRedLegX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XRedLegX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XRedLegX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    stay in a caloric surplus while adding in cardio, i recommend HIIT
    Do HIIT training. 60-120s are what you'll do in basic (60 second sprint and 120 second walk) as well as distance running. Keep training for strength as well. Also, do push ups and sit ups. If you can get a good PT score from the start it will really help you out, believe me. Pull ups would make you look better too. Good luck. Remember you're going there to lean disapline and responsibility.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Eat
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head