tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

first interview for PT job 24 hour fitness.

applied yesterday, got a call today, interview tomorrow.

I plan on wearing kaki slacks, a polo and nice shoes. reading a bit online people were saying pretty standard interview questions, and they are really looking for a sales person, so i'll try to play up my limited sales experience.

any tips or personal experience interviewing with 24 hours (or other chain gyms)?

titusricard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titusricard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titusricard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titusricard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titusricard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titusricard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titusricard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titusricard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titusricard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titusricard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titusricard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tektherapripper View Post

I plan on wearing kaki slacks, a polo and nice shoes. reading a bit online people were saying pretty standard interview questions, and they are really looking for a sales person, so i'll try to play up my limited sales experience.

any tips or personal experience interviewing with 24 hours (or other chain gyms)?
    \

It's pretty standard. They just want to know if you're positive and energetic. I have known them to sometimes make you sell them something, like a pen, just to evaluate your sales skills. Don't sweat it, 24 will hire anyone with a cert (not to belittle your future employment) so go get that job, keep your contacts with any clients so when you leave (and you will) you can take them with you.
    Something clever and deep.

NASM Certified Personal Trainer
    ACE Personal Trainer Certification
    TRX

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Be prepared for questions about how you handled various situations: changed someone's mind, resolved a dispute, failed before but then succeeded, etc. If you've got a good interviewer (and future bosses), they'll ask you about programming and exercise form.

How do I know? I used to conduct these interviews for 24 lol
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

teebone21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teebone21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teebone21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teebone21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teebone21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teebone21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teebone21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teebone21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teebone21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teebone21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teebone21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Smile smile smile
    The first step to a life of freedom - Texasblogman.com

UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500)
    I work for 24 Hour Fitness. Its really simple, they will ask you...

"Can you sell?"

So long as you say yes they will hire you regardless of certifications, education, or experience.

tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tektherapripper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well I think the interview went ok. he said he likes to take a bit of time to think it over and will be getting back with people who get a second interview in about 10 days.

question for future interviews. do you think it would be fine to dress as if you were going to work as a trainer or going to workout? I felt kind of out of place in slacks, nice shoes and a polo when the interviewer was in sweats and nike free's. I'd feel more comfortable and confident in workout attire.

UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500) UnemployedCSCS is not very helpful. (-500)
    well I think the interview went ok. he said he likes to take a bit of time to think it over and will be getting back with people who get a second interview in about 10 days.

question for future interviews. do you think it would be fine to dress as if you were going to work as a trainer or going to workout? I felt kind of out of place in slacks, nice shoes and a polo when the interviewer was in sweats and nike free's. I'd feel more comfortable and confident in workout attire.
    Yeah, dress in track pants and a work out shirt. I wouldn't do anything sleeveless but you can still look professional in work out clothes.

Originally Posted by UnemployedCSCS View Post
    Yeah, dress in track pants and a work out shirt. I wouldn't do anything sleeveless but you can still look professional in work out clothes.
    alright cool. wouldn't even think about going sleeveless lol. was thinking of wearing some nicer sweats and either a long sleeve under armour t (the charged cotton, not the shrink wrapped compression shirts) or a hoodie.

ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    alright cool. wouldn't even think about going sleeveless lol. was thinking of wearing some nicer sweats and either a long sleeve under armour t (the charged cotton, not the shrink wrapped compression shirts) or a hoodie.
    Don't assume anything. Ask the interviewer what you should wear.
    NASM-CPT

supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd stick with the professional attire, man. Play it safe. If you get hired, you'll be in the comfy "gym clothes" in no time.
    "I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is the victory over self." - Aristotle

Ryan16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan16 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Def do not down grade your appearance especially for a second interview of course the manager isnt gonna interview you in slacks hes the manager he can do w.e he wants

Once you are employed you can where what everyone else does
    Skeet Skeet Skeet
    $5 to see it $10 to touch it $15 to watch me touch it

US Army

PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    DO NOT down grade your dress. Its very difficult to overdress for an interview but if you under dress its game over.

jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would still dress in slacks and a polo.... You haven't got the job yet!

alright thanks guys, i'll stick to the slacks and polo for any future interviews.

I actually got a call back from 24 today, but no message. I called back and asked for the guy I interviewed w/ but he was busy w/ a client. so hopefully i'll hear back tomorrow.

another question though for people who have worked for 24 hours or some where similar. if the call back was for a second interview and I do end up getting a job offer, do you think it is worth a 45 min commute? if it all worked out and i was doing well there (got the raises, was able to get clients, get full time etc..) i could/would eventually move closer. but he said starting out you get minimum wage and about 30 hours a week

Registered User Briiiiliantmate's Avatar
    Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Express a willingness to work the floor. Any desires you have, whether legitimate or not, to sell services and/or products will make you stand out and will probably be the reason you get the job.
    'Real beauty is what's inside.' You know you are ugly if someone tells you this.