prgrazz719 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should I workout while I'm sick?

I'm a freshmen in highschool and have been doing weight lifting and speed training to get stronger for baseball and football. I've been making pretty good progress weight lifting wise so far, but at the moment, I'm out of school sick with the flu (influenza A). My fever has been off and on, but whenever I take some Advil, my fever goes down and I feel fine. I don't want to lose some of the progress I've made weight lifting and strength wise. I would rather continue to do my weightlifting, but I was wondering if I should still train and do my weight lifting when I'm sick, or should I take it easy and rest.

All answers are greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If its just a minor head cold then i would do your workout anyway. If its somethibg more serious like flu, stomach bug or involves a fever then i would take a few days off at least. You dont want to prolong the illness.
    *CEO crew*
    *Married with kids crew*
    *Life starts at 29 crew*
    *Still misc crew*

Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by prgrazz719 View Post
    I'm a freshmen in highschool and have been doing weight lifting and speed training to get stronger for baseball and football. I've been making pretty good progress weight lifting wise so far, but at the moment, I'm out of school sick with the flu (influenza A). My fever has been off and on, but whenever I take some Advil, my fever goes down and I feel fine. I don't want to lose some of the progress I've made weight lifting and strength wise. I would rather continue to do my weightlifting, but I was wondering if I should still train and do my weight lifting when I'm sick, or should I take it easy and rest.

All answers are greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

Training while sick is one of the dumbest things that can be done.

WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree with Krugg. Not only will being sick hinder your workout because you won't feel as strong as well as getting dizzy, but it will also make your sickness longer than if you had just rested until you felt better.

Keep on keeping on notdisappoint's Avatar
    notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If anything, you should spend more time in bed. Sleep is awesome for being sick!!

Oh, and chicken soup. Or a sandwich.

Yeah, tell the gf to go make you a sammich
    50% fact.
    50% magic.
    100% results.

Know who invented deload week? Haters. People who want to slow you down, so they can catch up.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by prgrazz719 View Post
    No. Stay out of the gym. Nobody else wants your germs.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    No. Stay out of the gym. Nobody else wants your germs.
    Lol I almost posted this same thing last night when I saw this thread.
    eat, train, sleep, eat, train, sleep, eat, train, sleep

"If you want to be world class you must first act world class." - Travis Ortmayer

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by armyguy.88 View Post
    Lol I almost posted this same thing last night when I saw this thread.
    Inconsiderate dumbasses are the primary cause of flu and cold epidemics these days. If these people would stay home where they belong, eventually, nobody would be sick.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

MarleyLynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Inconsiderate dumbasses are the primary cause of flu and cold epidemics these days. If these people would stay home where they belong, eventually, nobody would be sick.
    I'm sure you're good. Just stay inside and keep posting.
    Doubt opens the possibility of failure

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    depends how you are feeling, obviously if its serious like the flu stay home, if its something like a minor cold I usually go. I would never go on a high fever though. You're only going to raise the temperature of your body even further.

Taking a few days or even a week off isn't a big deal.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew