Registered User ImStarvinMarvin's Avatar
    ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question Eating all of your calories at once?

Quick question, and I know this might sound like a dumb one but it kinda just popped into my head.

Let's say you're on a 4,000 calorie bulk. If you were to wake up and eat your 4,000 calories during breakfast, first thing in the day, would your body pretty much be set for the rest of the day as far as remaining in an anabolic state?

I know the pros eat several meals throughout the day to maintain anabolism, but I'm just curious as to why you couldn't do it all at once and not have to worry about it the rest of the day. I'm aware that some of the calories would be stored as fat, but I'd assume that if you went to the gym a few hours after a 4,000 calorie breakfast, your body would undoubtedly utilize those earlier calories to begin repairing/building muscles too right?
    Sloot Stats (no fraudin', some categories overlap)

Total Smashed - 22
    Girlfriends - 2
    Hookers - 4
    Moms - 9
    BBWs - 11
    Sexy bishes - 14

Will probably die of AIDS crew

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes.

But why would anyone want to do this? You must really enjoy breakfast OP.

Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just started doing it at 2200calories/day but on a cut right now. It's easier for me because eating small meals throughout the day just keeps me hungry from waking up to bedtime. Now that I eat one 2200 meal at dinner time, I can actually go to bed without being hungry.

ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImStarvinMarvin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So then, although not ideal for everybody, this method technically does work?

Total Smashed - 22
    Girlfriends - 2
    Hookers - 4
    Moms - 9
    BBWs - 11
    Sexy bishes - 14

Registered User WeightsNgiggles's Avatar
    WeightsNgiggles will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeightsNgiggles will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeightsNgiggles will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeightsNgiggles will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeightsNgiggles will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeightsNgiggles will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeightsNgiggles will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeightsNgiggles will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeightsNgiggles will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeightsNgiggles will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeightsNgiggles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes it actually works, look up intermit fasting iifym whatever you want to call it. You can eat all in 1 or 2 meals and see same results and some people say they feel a lot better working out fasted ect. At the end of the day the only thing that matters in terms of body composition is macros/micros in and out. However every human body is different as far as how you are going to react in terms of endurance. For me, my workouts usually are ****ty as hell on a fasted level and it doesnt work well with my body and neither does eating 6 meals a day. FOR ME 2-3 semi large meals is optimal and I feel the best if one of them is about 2-3 hours prior to working out. Others swear by fasting, they ALL work, try it out and see if 1 meal makes it better for you, if it does then you are good to go.
    (PR / Goal)
    Back Squat ATG high bar : 315 / 405
    Deadlift: 445 / 500+
    Snatch: 165 / 245
    Power Clean: 245 / 315
    Clean and jerk : 225 / 315

Pull ups: bodyweight + 90 lbs
    Dips: bodyweight + 100 lbs

natty

rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100)
    thats silly

Originally Posted by ImStarvinMarvin View Post
    Quick question, and I know this might sound like a dumb one but it kinda just popped into my head.

Let's say you're on a 4,000 calorie bulk. If you were to wake up and eat your 4,000 calories during breakfast, first thing in the day, would your body pretty much be set for the rest of the day as far as remaining in an anabolic state?

I know the pros eat several meals throughout the day to maintain anabolism, but I'm just curious as to why you couldn't do it all at once and not have to worry about it the rest of the day. I'm aware that some of the calories would be stored as fat, but I'd assume that if you went to the gym a few hours after a 4,000 calorie breakfast, your body would undoubtedly utilize those earlier calories to begin repairing/building muscles too right?

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    when people say meal timing is irrelevant, they generally assume retarded extremes are not being practiced
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    when people say meal timing is irrelevant, they generally assume retarded extremes are not being practiced
    inb4 politically correct police

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post

I'm not saying I'm actually going to eat a 4,000 calorie breakfast, I couldn't do that if I tried. I was just saying...in theory, if one wanted to, they could get all their macros/cals in one meal.

I know Michael Phelps eats 12,000 calorie breakfasts during olympic season thats why so I was trying to comprehend the strategy behind that, although in his case it's more for energy utilization rather than gains, but my main point is that as long as a calorie is a calorie, could you not hit your intake at morning and still manage to put on muscle mass since its technically still a bulk?

Total Smashed - 22
    Girlfriends - 2
    Hookers - 4
    Moms - 9
    BBWs - 11
    Sexy bishes - 14

I'm not saying I'm actually going to eat a 4,000 calorie breakfast, I couldn't do that if I tried. I was just saying...in theory, if one wanted to, they could get all their macros/cals in one meal.

I know Michael Phelps eats 12,000 calorie breakfasts during olympic season thats why so I was trying to comprehend the strategy behind that, although in his case it's more for energy utilization rather than gains, but my main point is that as long as a calorie is a calorie, could you not hit your intake at morning and still manage to put on muscle mass since its technically still a bulk?
    Lol, you actually think he did that daily for extended periods of time?

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    Lol, you actually think he did that daily for extended periods of time?

lol idk i remember he said something like that. its irrelevant though, because he wasnt bulking, i was just more curious about the nutrient partitioning in itself.

i've heard some say yes and some say no, so I'm still confused about this topic. does the time or spacing of your meals have any negative effect on bulking or nutrient absorption? that's all i wanna know

Total Smashed - 22
    Girlfriends - 2
    Hookers - 4
    Moms - 9
    BBWs - 11
    Sexy bishes - 14

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I know Michael Phelps eats 12,000 calorie breakfasts

Nope.
    Delirious Mutant.

TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ya know when you eat that big ass meal that makes you burp and feel like crud for hours???....well, that's your body telling you, you ate too much mofo!

I don't give a frak what anyone says.....your body prefers not to be overloaded. So if you need 4000 cals a day. Ya might wanna split it up. 3 meals would make some tasty options.

Originally Posted by TaRockula View Post
    Ya know when you eat that big ass meal that makes you burp and feel like crud for hours???....well, that's your body telling you, you ate too much mofo!

I don't give a frak what anyone says.....your body prefers not to be overloaded. So if you need 4000 cals a day. Ya might wanna split it up. 3 meals would make some tasty options.
    Um, that's just a normal persons/bodies reaction to a large amount of food.

ACSZZ1988 is just really nice. (+1000) ACSZZ1988 is just really nice. (+1000) ACSZZ1988 is just really nice. (+1000) ACSZZ1988 is just really nice. (+1000) ACSZZ1988 is just really nice. (+1000) ACSZZ1988 is just really nice. (+1000) ACSZZ1988 is just really nice. (+1000) ACSZZ1988 is just really nice. (+1000) ACSZZ1988 is just really nice. (+1000) ACSZZ1988 is just really nice. (+1000) ACSZZ1988 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Alot of different opinions on this but some say it works. Personally only time I eat a large amount of cals (1k+) in one meal is if I have to get my cals/macros in so I can get to bed. Whatever works for you bro

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Enjoy being hungry as fuk later on in the day...

and Phelps does not eat 12,000 cals for breakfast lol.
    Eat the damn yolk.

TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000) TaRockula is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    Um, that's just a normal persons/bodies reaction to a large amount of food.
    and???

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-just-a-myth/1

I stand corrected, apparently it's a myth lol. I never bothered to research it because I don't really care about what phelps does, i just remembered hearing it and it kinda spawned the question i just asked.

the reason i ask is because of how my daily schedule is for the week. im on a bulk, and what i've been doing is eating 2,000 calorie breakfasts since the morning is when im super hungry, and then two 500 cal "snacks" i guess you could call em, and a 1k cal meal when i get home.

i just wanted to make a more hypothetical, extreme example of that by saying 4kcals in the morning. of course that is not what i plan on doing, fek that.

Total Smashed - 22
    Girlfriends - 2
    Hookers - 4
    Moms - 9
    BBWs - 11
    Sexy bishes - 14

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    He eats 12,000 through out the day while he trains I believe.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    He eats 12,000 through out the day while he trains I believe.
    yea, that was the original assumption, i'm not sure where i got breakfast from lol, but it turns out even that was a myth.

12,000 in a day is brutal

Total Smashed - 22
    Girlfriends - 2
    Hookers - 4
    Moms - 9
    BBWs - 11
    Sexy bishes - 14

yea, that was the original assumption, i'm not sure where i got breakfast from lol, but it turns out even that was a myth.

12,000 in a day is brutal
    He needs the energy lol.
    Eat the damn yolk.