NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

*Calling all D3 Football Players*!!!

How did you get recruited? is e-mailing coaches effective? would handwritten letters be more effective? what about phone calls.

I'm getting calls/letters from some coaches but not as many as I would like.

How can I be proactive in getting recruited by d3 schools?

Thanks in advance!
    Virginia, USA

Football/Lacrosse

mlift11 is a name known to all. (+5000) mlift11 is a name known to all. (+5000) mlift11 is a name known to all. (+5000) mlift11 is a name known to all. (+5000) mlift11 is a name known to all. (+5000) mlift11 is a name known to all. (+5000) mlift11 is a name known to all. (+5000) mlift11 is a name known to all. (+5000) mlift11 is a name known to all. (+5000) mlift11 is a name known to all. (+5000) mlift11 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In for advice

fullback52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fullback52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fullback52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fullback52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fullback52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fullback52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fullback52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fullback52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fullback52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fullback52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fullback52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Create a YouTube video displaying your highlights of your season(s) is a start.
    Such as hits, touchdowns, blocks etc.

NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How selective is d3? Several coaches I've talked to tell me they don't cut anyone, and let everyone come out. Is this true for most programs? Anyone aware of schools that do cut players or have a selective recruiting process?

Btw I'm a pretty good student, 4.1 GPA, 28 ACT, will that help?
    Virginia, USA

Football/Lacrosse

LookWhoitis will become famous soon enough. (+50) LookWhoitis will become famous soon enough. (+50) LookWhoitis will become famous soon enough. (+50) LookWhoitis will become famous soon enough. (+50) LookWhoitis will become famous soon enough. (+50) LookWhoitis will become famous soon enough. (+50) LookWhoitis will become famous soon enough. (+50) LookWhoitis will become famous soon enough. (+50) LookWhoitis will become famous soon enough. (+50) LookWhoitis will become famous soon enough. (+50) LookWhoitis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fullback52 View Post
    Create a YouTube video displaying your highlights of your season(s) is a start.
    Such as hits, touchdowns, blocks etc.
    You guys don't have hudl accounts?
    ++Positive crew++
    **Stuttering crew**
    **4ever natty crew**
    **Even if i wanted to juice i couldnt because idk where to get roids or how to take them crew**

B:235
    S:265 (for reps)
    D:?
    Will rep randoms just to get rid of reps

Jconn87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jconn87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jconn87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jconn87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jconn87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jconn87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jconn87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jconn87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jconn87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jconn87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jconn87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NHfootball View Post
    How selective is d3? Several coaches I've talked to tell me they don't cut anyone, and let everyone come out. Is this true for most programs? Anyone aware of schools that do cut players or have a selective recruiting process?

Btw I'm a pretty good student, 4.1 GPA, 28 ACT, will that help?

4.1?

Anyways apply to d3, walk on.
    1.hell go to the school website,
    2.look at the athletics website,
    3. find your position coach and write their name down
    4. Go to the main site and look up faculty directory, find the coach and send him and email or call his department to request to speak with him.

Front experience at the d3 area, coaches are teachers as well, you will find them in the faculty directory
    Current: 38 IN WAIST, 225 LBS, LESS THAN 22%
    GOAL: 36 IN WASIT, 210 LBS, LESS THAN 18% BF.
    Army Strong
    B.S Exercise Science

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jconn87 View Post
    4.1?

Anyways apply to d3, walk on.
    1.hell go to the school website,
    2.look at the athletics website,
    3. find your position coach and write their name down
    4. Go to the main site and look up faculty directory, find the coach and send him and email or call his department to request to speak with him.

Front experience at the d3 area, coaches are teachers as well, you will find them in the faculty directory
    The highest possible high school GPA on a 4.0 scale is 5.0 . It can go past a 4.0 due to AP classes. They are weighted heavier. Those are the kids who get into the Stanfords and Harvards, not the 4.0 students.

Bump
    Virginia, USA

Football/Lacrosse

mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Most D3 schools will take on any decent high school player who started for their school. As most D3's are private, the institutions want the bodies at the school. With this in mind, some of the rosters can hit close to 150 players. They don't redshirt at D3, so unless your a stud get ready to play JV as a freshman. For this reason a lot of guys quit after their first year.

My advice would be to pick out the top 5 D3 schools that you would like to ATTEND (not necessarily for football) and then contact the coaches there. Maybe go visit and see what kind of financial aid package they can give you.

Then attend.......study, work hard.....but have fun playing ball and go in with the right mindset to be patient.

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mrick40 View Post
    Most D3 schools will take on any decent high school player who started for their school. As most D3's are private, the institutions want the bodies at the school. With this in mind, some of the rosters can hit close to 150 players. They don't redshirt at D3, so unless your a stud get ready to play JV as a freshman. For this reason a lot of guys quit after their first year.

My advice would be to pick out the top 5 D3 schools that you would like to ATTEND (not necessarily for football) and then contact the coaches there. Maybe go visit and see what kind of financial aid package they can give you.

Then attend.......study, work hard.....but have fun playing ball and go in with the right mindset to be patient.
    +1
    Great advice.

bump for more advice
    Virginia, USA

Football/Lacrosse

DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As far as recruiting goes, make sure you are communicating with your high school coach about your goals. For D3 schools, they most likely won't be recruiting you in-person unless you are a short drive away, so the best thing to do is have a highlight film, transcripts, and maybe a recommendation letter from your coach and begin sending it out. They cannot offer athletic scholarships as I'm sure you already know so a lot of times the biggest commitment of playing at a D3 school would be the heavy financial aspect of it. Private schools with good educations are expensive, but if this is something you are already aware of, like the guy above said, just be prepared to be on a huge roster and possibly start off by playing JV. May I ask why you're only contacting D3 schools?

Originally Posted by DREAMChayser View Post
    As far as recruiting goes, make sure you are communicating with your high school coach about your goals. For D3 schools, they most likely won't be recruiting you in-person unless you are a short drive away, so the best thing to do is have a highlight film, transcripts, and maybe a recommendation letter from your coach and begin sending it out. They cannot offer athletic scholarships as I'm sure you already know so a lot of times the biggest commitment of playing at a D3 school would be the heavy financial aspect of it. Private schools with good educations are expensive, but if this is something you are already aware of, like the guy above said, just be prepared to be on a huge roster and possibly start off by playing JV. May I ask why you're only contacting D3 schools?
    Thanks for the info. TBH i guess im just contacting D3 schools because I've seen so many kids put all of their eggs into the "Division one" basket and fail. I wanna make sure that I have a solid foundation of realistic schools recruiting me before I shoot any higher.
    Virginia, USA

Football/Lacrosse

DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the info. TBH i guess im just contacting D3 schools because I've seen so many kids put all of their eggs into the "Division one" basket and fail. I wanna make sure that I have a solid foundation of realistic schools recruiting me before I shoot any higher.
    Good idea but still I would recommend trying to play at the highest level you truly believe you are capable of, don't sell yourself short. You seem level-headed though and I'm sure you will handle the recruiting process just fine. Good luck to you.

LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't be afraid to walk on at a school. Some of the best athletes in the NFL have been anywhere from Division 3 to Division 1 walk-ons. I am actually walking on at UW Platteville here this next year, starting up spring ball soon.

What I did since I didn't have a high school highlight film was I performed the drills that they test in the NFL Scouting Combine and recorded them and made a tape that way. Obviously a highlight film would be better. But then I got in contact with the appropriate coaches and met with them.

Expand your contacts, don't be afraid to express interest in playing at a school.
    College Football Training Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152135513

Maxs:
    Barbell Bench Press - 295 lbs
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looking at your stats and class as a junior, you are more athletic than a lot of d1 bound athletes. Contact every single d1 team and each coach giving them your stats, highlight tape, academics and a message why you want to attend there. As long as you played well this year you should get a few replies I guess. And go to camps to in the summer.
    Bench: 255lbs (115kg)
    Squat: 320lbs (145kg)
    Deadlift: 430lbs (195kg)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." Vince Lombardi.

Thanks for the help everyone. Bump for more advice
    Virginia, USA

Football/Lacrosse

lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LuckSide View Post
    Don't be afraid to walk on at a school. Some of the best athletes in the NFL have been anywhere from Division 3 to Division 1 walk-ons. I am actually walking on at UW Platteville here this next year, starting up spring ball soon.

What I did since I didn't have a high school highlight film was I performed the drills that they test in the NFL Scouting Combine and recorded them and made a tape that way. Obviously a highlight film would be better. But then I got in contact with the appropriate coaches and met with them.

Expand your contacts, don't be afraid to express interest in playing at a school.
    UW-Oshkosh track and field athlete checking in. sup WIAC brah

OP as far as D3-D2 etc goes, go on a bunch of schools websites. whatever schools youd be interested in. could be 40 different ones. On their athletic page they should have "athlete questionnaires" fill that out send it in. Coaches will contact you. get a highlight film as soon as possible or send an entire game film. (thats what I did. blew out my knee sr year so ended up doing a different sport)

Essentially, you have to be annoying, as bad as it sounds. I emailed probably 15-20 different coaches telling them I was interested in their program and would like to take a visit. probably half had at least emailed me back asking for my information and at least 1/4 of them asked when I could take a visit.

Good luck OP

Rude001 is just really nice. (+1000) Rude001 is just really nice. (+1000) Rude001 is just really nice. (+1000) Rude001 is just really nice. (+1000) Rude001 is just really nice. (+1000) Rude001 is just really nice. (+1000) Rude001 is just really nice. (+1000) Rude001 is just really nice. (+1000) Rude001 is just really nice. (+1000) Rude001 is just really nice. (+1000) Rude001 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lifthard72 View Post
    UW-Oshkosh track and field athlete checking in. sup WIAC brah

OP as far as D3-D2 etc goes, go on a bunch of schools websites. whatever schools youd be interested in. could be 40 different ones. On their athletic page they should have "athlete questionnaires" fill that out send it in. Coaches will contact you. get a highlight film as soon as possible or send an entire game film. (thats what I did. blew out my knee sr year so ended up doing a different sport)

Essentially, you have to be annoying, as bad as it sounds. I emailed probably 15-20 different coaches telling them I was interested in their program and would like to take a visit. probably half had at least emailed me back asking for my information and at least 1/4 of them asked when I could take a visit.

Good luck OP
    This^ fill out questionnaires on the schools athletic website. Don't limit yourself to DIII, do this for DII, NAIA, And D-IAA schools as well. You never know where you may end up. Also after looking at your stats there is no reason on paper why some of these D-1AA schools wouldn't have interest in you. obviously whats on paper isn't everything but if I was a coach and an athlete contacted me with those stats it would at least be enough to peak my interest. If you can get your 40 into to 4.6-4.7 range and are in any way athletic at all you should be a lock.
    "Yea, if she be-ith a whale, Troll-ith the Shizzit out of her. And verily I say, if she be-ith genetically flawed let her POF in peace."

-Rude001

***Georgia Crew***

Ggoodenough has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ggoodenough has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I play d3 football, I was recruited by San Diego state, but I preffered the better education. My coaches flew out from Oregon to recruit me and flew me back for my official visit. They travel all the way to Hawaii to do the same thing. We even have games as far as New York. So for those saying d3 has no effort, Shut it. Haha but emailing the coaches of the schools you want to go to is a great start. Include your highlights and your stat sheet for your highschool career. If possible, go ahead and visit the campus on an unofficial visit and say hey to the coaches. This is normally followed by an invitation for an official visit and and opportunity to stay on campus with the r
    Team and see what college is like for a few days

Originally Posted by Ggoodenough View Post
    I play d3 football, I was recruited by San Diego state, but I preffered the better education. My coaches flew out from Oregon to recruit me and flew me back for my official visit. They travel all the way to Hawaii to do the same thing. We even have games as far as New York. So for those saying d3 has no effort, Shut it. Haha but emailing the coaches of the schools you want to go to is a great start. Include your highlights and your stat sheet for your highschool career. If possible, go ahead and visit the campus on an unofficial visit and say hey to the coaches. This is normally followed by an invitation for an official visit and and opportunity to stay on campus with the r
    Team and see what college is like for a few days

how exclusive is d3 football? Are there guys on your team who aren't any good at all? Any guys who wouldnt have even started on a high school team? Does your team cut any players?

I just wanna know how big of a challenge playing d3 football is I guess.

I'm confident in my abilities Im just trying to see
    Virginia, USA

Football/Lacrosse

how exclusive is d3 football? Are there guys on your team who aren't any good at all? Any guys who wouldnt have even started on a high school team? Does your team cut any players?

I just wanna know how big of a challenge playing d3 football is I guess.

I'm confident in my abilities Im just trying to see
    bump
    Virginia, USA

Football/Lacrosse