jimjam132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not eating breakfast and eating late at night ?

Hi,

Some days I can't eat breakfast and don't eat untill 1pm. When I do eat I have around 80g protein in one go then have around the same again 3 hours later. I meet my Marcos for the day but just do it later in the day. Is that okay to do so and sometimes I'm eating at around 9pm still. I am on a bulk btw so don't mind putting fat as I won't burn of the carbs I'm taking in late.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    you won't put on fat unless you exceed your calories. which if you're on a bulk you will. and to be clear, you eat at 1, at 4 and then at 9, right?

to answer your question: there is nothing wrong with your eating schedule as long as you meet your macro, micro, fiber, and overall caloric goals unless it creates issues like stomach discomfort, excessive bloat from large meals , or you're experiencing issues with poor performance due to lack of food.

Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    you won't put on fat unless you exceed your calories. which if you're on a bulk you will. and to be clear, you eat at 1, at 4 and then at 9, right?

to answer your question: there is nothing wrong with your eating schedule as long as you meet your macro, micro, fiber, and overall caloric goals unless it creates issues like stomach discomfort, excessive bloat from large meals , or you're experiencing issues with poor performance due to lack of food.
    Yeah normally around that time if I can depends what time I goto the gym.

I don't find I have lack of performance as I take 1 energy drink before and 1 during.

I thought people say not to take in more than 50g protein in one go and make sure you eat every 3 hours with 6 meals a day? I don't have the appetite to eat that many meals every day?

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jimjam132 View Post
    Yeah normally around that time if I can depends what time I goto the gym.

I don't find I have lack of performance as I take 1 energy drink before and 1 during.

I thought people say not to take in more than 50g protein in one go and make sure you eat every 3 hours with 6 meals a day? I don't have the appetite to eat that many meals every day?
    Both of those are common nutritional myths.
    Your body is going to use whatever amount of nutrients you provide it (over time). There is no limit to "You can only consume x/g of protein in one sitting" or any of that bull****.
    Consuming 6 meals a day offers you no body composition benefits as opposed to consuming 2-3 meals a day.

Time your meals/consume your nutrients whenever/in whatever amounts is personal preference based on satiation and performance in the gym.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

Originally Posted by InItForFitness View Post
    Both of those are common nutritional myths.
    Your body is going to use whatever amount of nutrients you provide it (over time). There is no limit to "You can only consume x/g of protein in one sitting" or any of that bull****.
    Consuming 6 meals a day offers you no body composition benefits as opposed to consuming 2-3 meals a day.

Time your meals/consume your nutrients whenever/in whatever amounts is personal preference based on satiation and performance in the gym.
    Okay thanks for that information. I just thought it's bad and people just say your sh** it out ? Haha

Maximizing Potential brandonbourgoin's Avatar
    brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If your not hungry then don't eat. And no you can eat whenever you want. Just hit your macros before you go to bed. I personally eat breakfast and eat my biggest meal around 10pm and go right to sleep with about 200g carb in me.
    My 70LB+ Weight Loss Pics - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163257811
    Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164577071&pagenumber=
    ~~SCC{{25;26;27;28;29}}~~

metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's odd there are still pro's and a lot of trainers that stick to the eating 6-8 times a day, even though there is no evidence to back it up. Contrary to that, there are a lot of guys who eat most of their calories in one part of the day, and do great at bodybuilding. Check out the warrior diet.

Eat when it works best for you. Like IIFF said above, calories are used over time via glycogen storage in the muscle and liver which, if you aren't depleted, will drive you for quite some time.

Just for some additional reading, check out this article that Layne Norton wrote. Although the evidence is based on only 1 study, it is at least intriguing. It seems eating less can actually have some benefits: simplyshredded dot com/carbs-at-night-fat-loss-killer-or-imaginary-boogeyman.html

Thanks for all that information. I will start reading them articles now whilst munching on some chicken haha

I know it has nothing to so with nutrition but I'm struggling to get my bench press up and the size of my chest. What are the best ways to get my chest bigger and be able to press more ?

Thanks

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    nutrition has everything to do with your strength and size. eat more, so you can build more muscle, train to take advantage of the food you consume.

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It does not matter when you consume your calories, as long as you do consume them. Sometimes I have to wake up in the middle of the night and make myself something to get my calories in, but whenever you have time is the best time even right before bed.

zebedee786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuperHippo View Post
    It does not matter when you consume your calories, as long as you do consume them. Sometimes I have to wake up in the middle of the night and make myself something to get my calories in, but whenever you have time is the best time even right before bed.
    Thanks for your help! May start a journal!
    Laa ilaaha illal Lahoo Mohammadur Rasool Ullah

Originally Posted by SuperHippo View Post
    meal timing DOES matter, just not as much as other factors in diet.

also if you have to wake up from sleep to eat, you're doing something wrong. (unless you like it or notice better performance)