awarahero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tall Skinny guy with a belly

Hello Everyone,

I have lost close to 40 lbs earlier year and have successfully kept it off and now I am looking to gain muscle and some weight. I am 6'1 and 160 lbs. I am skinny but I do have a belly as you can see in my profile pic.

Since last week I have been going to the gym five days a week. I am focusing alot more on my upper body especially the chest. Since my chest is not big, I feel that belly really stands out.

I also take protein twice a day on days I work out (thats about 54 g of protein from the shakes). Since I am skinny do you think I should be taking more protein? Twice as much maybe?

Also is it possible to gain muscle and lose belly at the same time? In order to achieve that would I have to run everytime I work out?

Any comments would be appreciated.

thanks

Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Get on an actual beginner lifting plan. Go to the Nutrition forum and read up on calories and macros. Eat enough to gain 2-3 pounds a month or so and you might lose a bit of fat while gaining.

After you've pt on some muscle you can cut down and lose the fat.
    My running and ICF 5x5 log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153761921