AdMeta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdMeta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdMeta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdMeta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdMeta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdMeta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Software for Personal Trainers to manage clients

Hi,

I'm a software developer and have recently started training with a Personal Trainer. It's going really well, forcing me to train twice as hard as I've ever done before!

I have, however, being finding that the organisation/systems (not of the training sessions themselves) are a little off-the-cuff. This isn't necessarily a problem, it just feels like my PT could save himself some time and bother if there was a b2c system in place.

This had me wondering if there was a market for a website that let personal trainers:

* Take/schedule payments
    * Allow clients to book sessions around PTs calendar
    * Report on each session
    * Track progress with weight loss or strengthening
    * Provide small profile page to send new potential clients to
    * Be a hub of communications between client

What I was wondering is:

Do you think this would be solving an issue or am I just seeing an issue where there isn't one?

Is there an industry standard web site that already does this? If so, is it any good?

As a PT, would you be willing to pay for this service? (For example, £25 per month subscription)

Thanks for taking a look at this. Like I mentioned, this might not be an valid problem for most but if it is; I'd like to have a go at building something to sort it out.

JeremyFletcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeremyFletcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeremyFletcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeremyFletcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeremyFletcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeremyFletcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeremyFletcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeremyFletcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeremyFletcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeremyFletcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeremyFletcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AdMeta View Post
    Hi,

I'm a software developer and have recently started training with a Personal Trainer. It's going really well, forcing me to train twice as hard as I've ever done before!

I have, however, being finding that the organisation/systems (not of the training sessions themselves) are a little off-the-cuff. This isn't necessarily a problem, it just feels like my PT could save himself some time and bother if there was a b2c system in place.

This had me wondering if there was a market for a website that let personal trainers:

* Take/schedule payments
    * Report on each session

What I was wondering is:

Do you think this would be solving an issue or am I just seeing an issue where there isn't one?

Is there an industry standard web site that already does this? If so, is it any good?

As a PT, would you be willing to pay for this service? (For example, £25 per month subscription)

Thanks for taking a look at this. Like I mentioned, this might not be an valid problem for most but if it is; I'd like to have a go at building something to sort it out.
    Sounds awesome, if i could give a card to people with a website to book sessions in then they can browse the website info, see that your a legit PT with credentials and sign up on the spot, rather than waiting until the next time they see you which allows time for them to change their minds and talk themselves out of it.
    NVQ Qualified Personal Trainer @ www.JeremyFletcherPT.co.uk
    Visit my fanpage @ www.********.com/jeremyfletcherpt
    Bodybuilding & Fitness wear FREE SHIPPING @ www.GymHeart.com.au

hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this does sound awesome. I think an app would be a handy idea as well. idk how much they/we would be willing to pay or if there's many trainers in the market for it. But if you could sell the idea to gyms or p/t companys like Custom Built. You could be onto something.

Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi,

* Take/schedule payments
    * Report on each session

What I was wondering is:

This sounds great, if you could find a way to get in with Myfitnesspal or something similar that tracks calories and exercise (so long as they log it), the client can have most of their health needs in one spot.

It is something I would consider purchasing if it proved its worth somewhere else first.

Call It Karma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Call It Karma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Call It Karma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Call It Karma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Call It Karma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Call It Karma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Call It Karma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Call It Karma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Call It Karma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Call It Karma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Call It Karma has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    this sounds like a great idea. I say go for it! You could definitely be on to something big

ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it's a good idea as long as the price is reasonable
    ★★ Wishing everyone in this human experience eternal happiness and peace ★★

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As a fellow programmer I think its a good overall idea but thats a lot of programming and support targeted towards a limited demographic
    Disabled Combat Veteran (11B)
    My Home Gym Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160414931

hijackmatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) hijackmatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) hijackmatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) hijackmatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) hijackmatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) hijackmatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) hijackmatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) hijackmatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) hijackmatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) hijackmatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) hijackmatt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The idea is very solid. Like other said, it's a small market but once up and running, it would run itself. Have a fee worth paying and people will use it for sure.
    Wut?

Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds great! Do it!

Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just done a google search and there seems to be a few around already

rojerpeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for post...

dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi,

* Take/schedule payments
    * Report on each session

What I was wondering is:

Awesome idea but it's been and is being done. http://www.mypersonaltrainerwebsite....anagement.html

If you can come up with something better than this I would be willing to market it for you.
    The Institute of Personal Trainers, Personal Trainer Development, www.mypersonaltrainerwebsite.com

Originally Posted by dansalcs View Post
    Awesome idea but it's been and is being done. http://www.mypersonaltrainerwebsite....anagement.html

If you can come up with something better than this I would be willing to market it for you.
    Isnt that your website? lol

jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there are already many different services that do this very same thing! I can't remember the names of some of the better ones but there is a few companies that offer this very same thing.... but there always room for improvement in any niche

dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dansalcs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Bramley89 View Post
    Isnt that your website? lol
    Ya, like I said, it's been done but I work with a third party company so if someone could create something better I would be happy to promote, market and sell it.
    The Institute of Personal Trainers, Personal Trainer Development, www.mypersonaltrainerwebsite.com

Tritrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just posted about a similar site called Addaero. It does a great job tracking health and fitness progress as well as communicating between the client and trainer. It's a neat idea though! There are a few others out there though I'm sure.

Adamb11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Great idea.... Although there are many option... I joined online personal trainer and getting better result. I live in Glasgow, my friend suggest me brodiept.com company and after go through i found that its best option.

tbrady1pttools has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tbrady1pttools has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tbrady1pttools has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tbrady1pttools has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tbrady1pttools has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tbrady1pttools has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I like and use

fitnessgenerator.com
    B.S Exercise and Sport Science (University of Utah)
    Certifiend Scrength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA-CSCS)
    Certified Personal Trainer (NASM-CPT)
    Corrective Exercise Specialist (NASM-CES)
    Fitness Nutrition Specialist (E&N Works)
    Weight Loss Coach (Lifetime University)

ONLINE TRAINING AND NUTRITION COACHING
    Contact me for details

jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just use a clipboard, workout tracking sheet and pencil. Why make things needlessly complicated by introducing a website?

Nosje is a name known to all. (+5000) Nosje is a name known to all. (+5000) Nosje is a name known to all. (+5000) Nosje is a name known to all. (+5000) Nosje is a name known to all. (+5000) Nosje is a name known to all. (+5000) Nosje is a name known to all. (+5000) Nosje is a name known to all. (+5000) Nosje is a name known to all. (+5000) Nosje is a name known to all. (+5000) Nosje is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jkdwarrior View Post
    there are already many different services that do this very same thing! I can't remember the names of some of the better ones but there is a few companies that offer this very same thing.... but there always room for improvement in any niche
    there's a free website that offers this service already.

KevFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just because there are other services (or even free ones) doesn't mean it's a bad idea. There the market is large enough to support a few players. You just have to find a way to differentiate yourself from the competition.

I don't know if you've put together a SaaS app before but... While there's a lot of programming involved, don't think that is the hard part. That's the fun part. Success is largely in the marketing and execution.