Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1590
    Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lschepis View Post
    This is exactly where I'm at too. I do well on box squats but that's not a comp and go nowhere on regular squats. I guess some of us just don't have it. The squatting at my last meet was horrific...should have been named Good Mornings, only a few with proper form.

Sorry to hear about Rex Sounds like the old boy's hanging in there tho.

Twinsies again...I'm at 125x2 also but couldn't get that 127 at the meet...mental midget. Congrats on that!

The dude who pseudo-deadlifted at Carnage...are u serious??? Freaking hilarious; would like to see the back rounding on that one..
    Definitely think it is a natural thing. Some things come naturally to some, others don't. Like pull ups and bicep curls seem to come naturally for you and I, but squats obviously don't. And it isn't like the strength isn't there or the effort. Just the coordination never seems to work. And I wish they would allow a person to substitute Good Mornings for squats...I would do sooooo much better with that event. LOL

Rex is definitely hanging in there. Last night and today were actually good with him. He was eating cottage cheese (which the last couple weeks he has turned his nose up to). I actually had to beat the other two dogs away so they didn't steal his food. And this morning he was jumping on his hind legs for a second to beg to go outside. Now granted, before he would be jumping up and down for as long as I would let him, but he hasn't even attempted that in weeks, so good to see him with a little bit more energy. Plus he only woke me up once last night.

Well was hoping to get to 126 lbs for 2 reps this week...but no pushing for me . Which means pump and abs week. LOL

And I wish I would have gotten to see him even make the attempt, but we were so busy getting everything ready for the dead lift event that wasn't paying attention. Only found out about it when I went to go to the bathroom and saw the ambulance outside.

lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wonder if he made a world record in the batsh!t crazy division.

Ohhh saw ur 20 hammer grip pull-ups too...hnnng!
    Training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159735861&pagenumber=

**No thigh gap Crew

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wonder if he made a world record in the batsh!t crazy division.

Ohhh saw ur 20 hammer grip pull-ups too...hnnng!
    Almost won the Darwin award...but he lived. LOL

Thanks!!!

They aren't strict full ROM (some are, some aren't)...but I'm not really worried about that. It is more about building pull up endurance. I think what is limiting my strict pull up numbers is that I don't have the endurance for it (start to gas out around 15...thus form/strict ROM tanks), so I'm trying to work on it by getting over 20 pull ups in a set. My head is usually spinning pretty a lot after doing these. Fortunately my pull up bar is located really close to my bed so I can pass out there after these. Problem is, it is hard to recover when you are laying on your bed, trying to catch your breath and a fat little dachshund comes up and plops herself on your chest (damn she needs a diet or some exercise).
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

Wednesday

Back

Sumo Dead Lifts - Off the Ground
    - 1 x 10 - 45.0 lbs
    - 1 x 05 - 135.0 lbs
    - 1 x 10 - 135.0 lbs
    - 1 x 10 - 155.0 lbs
    - 1 x 10 - 175.0 lbs
    Decided to work more on form and hit higher reps. 2nd set was off cause the weight was starting to slide on the bar so stopped the reps short. Setup and form feels good until the last 5 reps of 175. At that point form starts to tank...but less related to physical strength but more completely loss of focus. For some reason though, these didn't hurt my hands like doing a lot of volume with pulls normally do. I've done 135 lbs for 5 sets of 8 reps and those killed my hands before.

Glute Ham Raises
    - 5 x 15
    These are getting easy, may try holding onto a plate next week.

Assisted One Arm Chin Ups
    - 1 x 02
    - 1 x 04
    - 1 x 03
    - 1 x 03
    - 1 x 05
    With these, I was holding onto a rubber band with the assisting hand. Went from the light band to the heavier band which helped with the reps. Also need to work on these first with limited ROM before trying dead hang versions of these...thus why the 5th set had more reps. Going to try these at home with a towel and see how that goes cause the band is really hard to gauge.

T Bar Lying Row
    - 5 x 08 - 35.0 lbs
    These felt really heavy today.

Cable Straight Arm Push Down
    - 1 x 20 - 20.0
    - 1 x 20 - 25.0
    - 1 x 20 - 30.0
    - 2 x 12 - 35.0

Cable Face Pulls - Alternating Grip
    - 2 x 20 - 30.0
    - 4 x 15 - 35.0

Notes:
    Not too bad...can definitely feel like my form is getting better with the dead lifts. But really need to find a way to keep my focus so that my lifts are consistent. Didn't do legs cause figured was getting enough with the sumo dead lift and the GHR plus I was planning on doing calves and the machine I wanted to use was taken. Plus it was late and I really needed to get home.

Really hard to try to focus on improving pull ups when I use up most of my energy on the dead lifts, but may just try to use my body weight day to start with heavy pull ups. Due to no pressing this week, that ends up giving me two body weight days since I can't do flies either for chest so just going to skip that day. So maybe I'll just plan on having one of those days be a pure pull up focus day.

As for the home front, got at least the first section done with the floor leveler so hoping to find some time on Friday to at least lay down the first section of flooring at my home gym and cut to length so I can give the spare piece to my brother inlaw. I can tack it down on Saturday and then start working on moving stuff around so I can start on the next section. Guess it works out that I won't need the power rack for bench on Sunday.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Look at that deadlift volume!
    Me vs. Me: Lifting with UCTD: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170084343

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rex has good tastes.

Cottage cheese is the GOAT food/10.

Do you use chalk for your sumo? I tend to slip my grip a swell. Heck i sometimes use gloves too. Uncallused hands are great.
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

Originally Posted by SophieM View Post
    Look at that deadlift volume!
    Yeah...just didn't feel like going heavier. Given my neck from last week, I figured it was better not to push it. But was pleased it didn't fry my hands. Normally after doing a lot of reps to work on my form, my hands are so fried I don't want to even hold dumbbells much less attempt chin up.

Originally Posted by VmissileX View Post
    Rex has good tastes.

Cottage cheese is the GOAT food/10.

Do you use chalk for your sumo? I tend to slip my grip a swell. Heck i sometimes use gloves too. Uncallused hands are great.
    I have a weird relationship with cottage cheese. I don't care for it much in large quantities...but when I give my dogs spoonfuls at the end of the day...I can't help but to help myself out to a few spoonfuls myself. And then I find myself craving it. But I can't sit down and have a serving of it or after a spoonful, I don't want to eat anymore of it.

I haven't gone for the chalk for my dead lifts in a while. Don't really find any issues with my grip failing. I think it is cause I like to do a lot of heavy shrugs...with those I'll end up having to use liquid chalk at the gym cause my grip usually fails first with that. I don't use gloves at all, so got my pumice stone for the calluses. Never had any rip since I started lifting.

Was supposed to do Grappling tonight...but Rex woke me up several times last night. Normally that wouldn't be a problem cause I could work from home and sleep in an hour, but the boss planned a holiday lunch so had to make it in...plus had a 9 AM conference call, several meetings and a ton of work to get done in between those meetings for a 2 PM conference call. Plus there was a bit of drama with my sister lashing out at those trying to help her, so led to a very exhausting day. Definitely didn't have the energy or mentality for grappling so will try to catch next Tuesday's class so I don't miss another week. Was thinking about going to the gym but decided today would be a good and well deserved rest day...especially since tomorrow is going to be a pretty long and busy day.

Fortunately I only have 2.5 days of work left before holiday vacation and then no work until next year...so not sure what I'm gonna do with myself during that time but I'm sure it will include plenty of working out and fortunately I'll get to start doing pushing exercises again. May even try to fit in two chest days just to see how that works.

I don't know what is going on...I could have sworn that Solomonlike left a comment about seeing a person at the gym doing Dragon flags. I swore I read that earlier but didn't get a chance to respond. Appears it has been deleted...Not sure if Solomon did that or this new format ended up deleting some comments.

Friday

Triceps

Dumbbell Tricep Kickback
    - 2 x 10 - 25.0 lbs
    - 1 x 10 - 27.5 lbs
    - 2 x 08 - 30.0 lbs

Dumbbell Standing Triceps Extension
    - 1 x 08 - 30.0 lbs
    - 1 x 08 - 32.5 lbs
    - 1 x 08 - 35.0 lbs
    - 1 x 08 - 37.5 lbs
    - 1 x 08 - 40.0 lbs

Cable Reverse Grip Triceps Pushdowns
    - 1 x 20 - 25.0
    - 1 x 20 - 30.0
    - 1 x 18 - 35.0
    - 1 x 12 - 40.0
    - 1 x 07 - 45.0
    Haven't done these in a while...was working on keeping these very controlled

Cable Triceps Pushdowns - 28s
    - 5 x 28 - 20.0
    Good pump as always

Cable Rope High Pulley Overhead Tricep Extension
    - 1 x 20 - 20.0
    - 1 x 35 - 20.0
    - 2 x 20 - 25.0
    - 1 x 17 - 20.0
    This helped to put the pump over the edge.

Legs

Reverse Hack Squat
    - 1 x 08 - 90.0 lbs
    - 1 x 08 - 100.0 lbs
    - 1 x 08 - 110.0 lbs
    - 1 x 08 - 120.0 lbs
    - 1 x 08 - 125.0 lbs
    Was planning on going heavier but wasn't paying attention to the plates. Have to remember to push my butt out and keep looking up while doing these otherwise they get difficult.

Standing Calf Raises
    - 2 x 12 - 4
    - 3 x 12 - 4

Biceps

Cable Triceps Pushdowns - 28s
    - 6 x 28 - 30.0 lbs
    Thought my arm pump looked a little one sided, so I wanted to even it out.

Notes:
    I figured that since I couldn't do pressing which took out Dips and CG Bench...I would focus on getting a solid pump. But when I was doing legs, I started to realize my arms looked off...too much pump in the triceps, and since I was going out later that night, I wanted to even things out a bit with some biceps curls. That definitely helped...and a bit too much. It was actually difficult to get into my shirt...had to keep adjusting the arms cause they were too tight. And then after I finally got the shirt on, I was starting to change my mind regarding what shirt to wear...but I realized it was gonna be difficult to take that shirt off considering how hard it was to get on...at least until the pump dies down. LOL.

Saturday

Abs / Body Weight

Dragon Flags
    - 1 x 11
    - 3 x 05 - 5 s
    - 1 x 12
    Since I was completely fresh I decided to see how many dragon flags I could do in a row. I probably could have done more in the beginning but I just wanted to get 1 rep over my previous PR. Then decided to push it more with the 5th set...but even then, I still held the last rep for a few counts to make it harder

Elbow Lever Reps - On a Bench
    - 2 x 06 - 05s
    - 3 x 06 - 05s
    Setup for these are getting much easier. I find if I use less aggressive music, I'm more relaxed. Plus I found a technique regarding my breathing that helps with my setup. Basically I take a deep breath and then exhale it right when I'm getting into the full position. Seems to help with stabilization. From there I can usually hold the breath for the 6 second reps or if I want to go longer, just keep it shallow. Now if I'm distracted, the setup won't be as steady...but definite improvement

Kick Overs into Negatives
    - 5 x 04
    Getting better getting into these without pulling a muscle. But still not coordinated enough to do them in one steady motion consistently. So gonna keep working at them...tomorrow. As for the Negatives...those were hit or miss with being actual negatives. Sometimes could hold the form but other times it was just a drop. Maybe will do a tuck hold tomorrow.

Head Stand Leg Raises
    - 3 x 09
    - 2 x 10
    Really thinking about stretching before these so I can keep my legs straighter

Legs

Leg Press
    - 1 x 08 - 90.0 lbs
    - 1 x 08 - 140.0 lbs
    - 3 x 08 - 160.0 lbs
    Wasn't feeling good so didn't want to go up in weight. Instead focused on making sure my butt wasn't leaving the pads when bringing the weight down

Notes:
    Wasn't too bad of a workout considering I really wasn't feeling good. Had some Chinese food earlier in the day and it wasn't sitting well. But made it thru a solid workout. Going to tackle some oblique abs tomorrow along with more body weight stuff since I'm still avoiding pressing...so no chest. Want to actually find some more body weight oblique work (like human flags) since I'm bored with the typical oblique work. Also want to work on some handstand tomorrow. Was watching a video of a guy walking all over the place upside down...it was incredible the balance he had, but it made me realize that in order to be able to do that, you do need to be pretty comfortable being upside down for a long period of time and the wrists need to be strong enough to handle that time period as well. So I'm wondering what is holding me back with hand stands...is it a case of coordination or lack of strength. Building the strength is the easy part of the equation to conquer...so going to do that and hope it makes coordination easier.

PS...I hate this new format.
    Last edited by Artemis00; 12-21-2014 at 03:37 PM.

SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In at hating new format. And Solomon most definitely posted about dragon flags at the gym. You're not losing it
    Me vs. Me: Lifting with UCTD: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170084343

Registered User streetlegaltank's Avatar
    streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wasn't calling you a cow lol. I was impressed with your pull up volume. Good job on the dragon flags. Do they bother your shoulders or elbows? I can do them but my elbows feel as though they are going to pop if I do a hold.
    PRs: 400m run- 51.6 800m-2:02 1600m- 4:34 5k-16:17 13 miles- 1:21:32

poverty training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164565381

In at hating new format. And Solomon most definitely posted about dragon flags at the gym. You're not losing it
    Good, glad to know I'm not going crazy. And yeah, I wish they would go back to the old format...but I know how these companies are, invest a ton of money into the upgrade and nobody wants to admit they may have made a mistake and go back to the previous format. So we are stuck...until they give us the next awful upgrade. On the bright side I guess...when they do that, this version will seem great. LOL

Originally Posted by streetlegaltank View Post
    I wasn't calling you a cow lol. I was impressed with your pull up volume. Good job on the dragon flags. Do they bother your shoulders or elbows? I can do them but my elbows feel as though they are going to pop if I do a hold.
    I didn't really think you were...I was just being a bit of a smart ass. LOL. And thanks

That is awesome that you can do dragon flags. They used to bother my right elbow, but that was cause I messed up that elbow from other things. As long as I would wear an elbow sleeve I would be fine. A couple months back I tried without the elbow sleeve and it isn't bothering that elbow at all. As for shoulders, they never caused any problems with my shoulders. Only time I had a problem with them was back in late May. Pull something in my middle/lower trap doing them. But haven't really had any noticeable issues with them since then.

Just curious...when you are lowering yourself and holding onto the bench are you gripping the bench with your thumbs?

Saturday

Abs / Body Weight

Dumbbell Hammer Curls
    - 1 x 08 - 25.0 lbs
    Did as a quick warm up

Elbow Lever Reps - On a Bench
    - 1 x 01 - 20s
    - 2 x 01 - 15s
    - 1 x 01 - 25s
    - 1 x 01 - 12s
    Since my speed to setup has drastically improved, I decided to start working on my elbow strength by increasing focusing on the length of the hold. Unfortunately I made the mistake of eating before doing this workout. So the length of the reps were extremely inconsistent and not based on the strength of my wrist or my balance, but rather how long I can hold the rep before feeling the need to vomit. Quite serious about that, the 5th rep was absolutely awful, and I really didn't want to make a mess in the middle of the gym.

Elbow Lever Reps - On a Bar
    - 1 x 01 - 20s
    - 1 x 01 - 25s
    - 1 x 01 - 15s
    - 1 x 01 - 17s
    - 1 x 01 - 25s
    Same issue as before but not as bad

Upside Down Oblique Crunches - Into Back Levers
    - 5 x 10
    Never tried these before but wanted to add a new oblique exercise to my list. I like these although they are a bit awkward at first. Was basically trying to keep my hands near my head and then connect my elbow with the knee of the opposite leg (or as close as I could get it). Hammered by upper abs since I did work them hard yesterday. At the end of the movement I was working on the Back Lever...seems that since my shoulder has gotten better, I'm able to get a little further with these than the front levers...so going to focus on these instead. Plus I found a website showing an excellent progression that I believe I can work with for mastering these...

http://breakingmuscle.com/gymnastics...the-back-lever

So next week I'm gonna try to work on the tuck and hold 5 sets for 15 seconds. If I can manage that, then I'll try for the Advanced tuck lever and work on that until I can hold those sets for 15 seconds. I like having a progression like that cause it is easier to see progress then playing around.

Step Pull Ups
    - 5 x 05

Wall Hand Stand Holds
    - 1 x 01 - 40s
    - 1 x 01 - 45s
    - 1 x 01 - 35s
    These started to hurt my wrists so stopped at 3 sets. Definitely need to improve upon this.

Legs

RDL
    - 5 x 15 - 135.0 lbs
    Didn't want to up the weight so figured I would do more reps. Got to 8 and decided to go for 10, felt easy so went for 12 and then eventually 15 on the first set. Figured I'd try to keep those reps for the remaining sets which was a bit harder than expected. Definitely got the heart rate going.

Notes:
    Pretty good workout even with feeling like I was gonna vomit for much of it. Really looking forward to making some progress with those front levers...I really think I have a chance of mastering those in a few months. Still have to work on human flags which will be great for the obliques...but still have to install the pole. And gonna need to start planning for the outdoor gym setup so that I can get right on that as soon as the spring hits.

May not have been a good idea to hit abs two days in a row, even if it was all body weight stuff cause they were really hurting. Probably gonna have some DOMS

Registered User streetlegaltank's Avatar
    streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) streetlegaltank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post

Just curious...when you are lowering yourself and holding onto the bench are you gripping the bench with your thumbs?
    nope. The benches at my gym are too thick for me to grip comfortably.
    PRs: 400m run- 51.6 800m-2:02 1600m- 4:34 5k-16:17 13 miles- 1:21:32

poverty training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164565381

Originally Posted by streetlegaltank View Post
    nope. The benches at my gym are too thick for me to grip comfortably.
    Oh Okay. Was just wondering cause I do find I use more of my arms if I grip with my thumbs (which had more potential to bother my elbow) than if I only use the fingers to hold onto the bench. Granted, I do use the thumbs to get into position cause sometimes when I'm not paying attention, I do go up to quickly and sometimes get close to going all the way over and rolling over my neck.

Monday

Shoulders

Standing Shrug Machine
    - 1 x 20 - 180.0 lbs
    - 2 x 15 - 230.0 lbs
    - 2 x 16 - 230.0 lbs
    Gonna up the weight next week by 10 lbs and drop reps to 12.

Cable One Arm Upright Row - Modified
    - 1 x 15 - 20.0
    - 2 x 18 - 17.5
    - 1 x 20 - 17.5
    - 1 x 22 - 15.0
    These really fried my shoulders

Dumbbell Alternate Front Raises
    - 1 x 08 - 17.5 lbs
    - 1 x 08 - 20.0 lbs
    - 1 x 08 - 22.5 lbs
    - 2 x 08 - 25.0 lbs
    Gonna stick with 25 lbs for a little while

Dumbbell Alternate Lateral Raises
    - 1 x 08 - 12.5 lbs
    - 4 x 08 - 10.0 lbs
    Kept these very light since I wanted to start strengthen that aspect of my shoulder without causing issues. Was also holding these at the top of the movement and keeping the movement slow and controlled.

Legs

Standing Calf Raises
    - 1 x 12 - 4.0
    - 1 x 12 - 5.0
    - 3 x 08 - 6.0

Notes:
    Went to the Chiropractor today...everything really tightened up over the weekend (especially my neck) and fortunately it loosened up a bit. But probably gonna foam roll a bit tomorrow to keep things cracking. The workout today was good and was actually planning on doing a bit more leg work and play around with back levers but the old creepy guy came in so I managed to get in my required workout before tanning and getting out of there. My hamstrings are pretty sore from yesterday's RDLs...but that is to be expected. Tomorrow I'm going to go to Jiu Jitsu since I'm expecting them to be closed on Christmas day. But in the mean time, really need to start stretch. Two areas of focus are back and hamstrings. Need to start working on bridging...figure not only will that help with Jiu Jitsu but also with creating a larger arch with Benching...plus maybe one day I'll be able to do a back walk over (doubtful). LOL. And I really need to get my hamstrings more flexible for everything.

Also got 1/4 of the gym flooring down. Really love how it looks and how it feels.

That's a pic of the new floor versus the old flooring. I have the 2nd section ready and tomorrow I'll be laying out and taping down that section. Doesn't look like the rest of the flooring is damaged...so the rest should be easier. Just need to wait on some sliders cause I'm afraid of moving the heavy stuff around on the new floor...especially the power rack. But those are supposed to be coming in tomorrow night so should be perfect timing. Also I believe I will need more carpet tape so I ordered that which should be in on time for the 4th section...which is when I believe I will need it. So hoping to get everything done by Friday and install the pole that day as well.

I like the flooring! If we can ever get our hardwood floors done, I wouldn't mind getting some flooring so as to not mess them up even more. I have smaller mats under some things, but would like the whole floor to be done. I also need to decide if I'm going to continue living here for a while. I don't want to spend a bunch of money and then move.

I like the flooring! If we can ever get our hardwood floors done, I wouldn't mind getting some flooring so as to not mess them up even more. I have smaller mats under some things, but would like the whole floor to be done. I also need to decide if I'm going to continue living here for a while. I don't want to spend a bunch of money and then move.
    Thanks. I really love this flooring and it is pretty nice. I started to hate the other flooring when I realized how much it sunk doing calf raises with a barbell. Figured that couldn't possible help with other lifts as well. Saw this flooring and figured even if I screw up the installation, it still has got to be better. And so far it is, plus it is laying down really easy. Just a bit time consuming having to take the roll out and let it relax for several hours before taping it down...but it will get done and the timing should work out perfectly.

And yeah, I don't see myself moving any time soon. My niece is only 9 so still have to stick around for at least another 9 years. The 6 year old...well I'm less worried about him, he is already messed up beyond repair...in a wacky way. LOL

Tuesday

Biceps

Dumbbell Alternating Hammer Curls
    - 1 x 08 - 30.0 lbs
    - 2 x 08 - 35.0 lbs
    - 2 x 08 - 40.0 lbs
    Was gonna keep these light and sort of did, but still wanted to play with the 40s

Dumbbell Concentration Curls
    - 2 x 05 - 30.0 lbs
    - 2 x 06 - 30.0 lbs
    - 1 x 07 - 30.0 lbs
    Kept these lighter...didn't want to mess up my neck like last time

Barbell Gironda Drag Curls
    - 5 x 08 - 40.0 lbs
    Also on the last rep of the set, I lowered the weight 4 steps (different angles)...holding the barbell for 3 seconds for each step. The last rep of the set, I did a static hold at the position that stressed the bicep the most...real burnout.

Barbell Curls - Elevator Sets (Alternating Grip)
    - 2 x 09 - 30.0 lbs
    - 2 x 08 - 30.0 lbs
    - 2 x 07 - 30.0 lbs
    Got this idea from a friend on BodySpace. Basically a full rep consists of a 1/2 rep, 3/4 rep and a full rep. So these really burn out the arms. The first two sets I reversed the order (full, 3/4, 1/2) which for some reason I think may have made them easier. The interesting part was these really burned out my arms even more than my 28s yet with my 28s, I'm doing technically more reps than with these. Max reps with these (all together) was 9x3=27 versus my 28s. I think it is cause you don't get that break when only doing the top half of the movement (easiest reps of the 28s). So will keep playing with these.

Compound Set

Leg Extensions
    - 2 x 08 - 70.0 lbs
    - 1 x 09 - 70.0 lbs
    - 2 x 10 - 70.0 lbs
    These felt super heavy in the beginning but that was probably due to some hamstring DOMS. By the 3rd set they were feeling pretty easy. Will definitely need to up the weight with these

Chin Ups
    - 1 x 15
    - 2 x 12
    - 2 x 10
    Decided to throw these in here for the hell of it.

Notes:
    Was planning on doing grappling but by that time of the day, I just wasn't in the mood and still had the 2nd section of flooring to tape down. So did that instead and went to the gym for biceps. The 2nd section of flooring went down pretty easily...I'm expecting the 3rd to be the easiest since I'm getting used to it each time. If there is no damage to the floor, I'll have the 3rd section of the flooring down by the end of the day and have the power rack back into place.

As for my biceps workout...it was pretty good. No issues with the neck at all, although the muscles are still a bit tight there. I really do like those elevator sets...they are serious killers although I always wonder if I slack the first time I do an exercises until I get in the groove. I mean with 28s, I know what I can do so I push to at least get that much and find ways to make the reps harder rather than adding more weight. But with these, I think I was pushing myself since the pump was as good and I was finding it very difficult to get the last sets in and that was without slowing down the reps much to make them harder like I do with 28s.

CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    12/23/14

Sandbag Carry
    50lbs x 100m
    50lbs x 100m
    50lbs x 100m
    100lbs x100m

alternated with

Burpees
    x15
    x10
    x10
    x10

Comments:
    I needed a pretty long breather after this one. It was warm enough outside that I figured I'd do something outdoors, and it was dark enough that no one would see me lugging around bags of sand.

Have a good holiday!

One of my favorite holiday songs:

Motorcycle riders: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2981441

What are you listening to?:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165938561

lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Merry Christmas Arty! Hope Santa brings us squats so we don't have to do any in 2015.
    Training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159735861&pagenumber=

**No thigh gap Crew

Originally Posted by CHOOSE View Post
    Have a good holiday!
    Nice to see you back CHOOSE...was starting to get worried.

Hope you have a good holiday as well

Merry Christmas Arty! Hope Santa brings us squats so we don't have to do any in 2015.
    Merry Christmas lschepis

I'm definitely game with that...no squats for 2015...I can certainly live with that goal

Hope Santa delivers.

Wednesday

Back

Pull Ups
    - 1 x 15
    - 4 x 10
    First set took a lot of it out of me...could have gotten more reps but still don't like going to max

Cable One Arm Lat Pull Downs
    - 1 x 05 - 60.0
    - 1 x 05 - 65.0
    - 1 x 05 - 70.0
    - 1 x 05 - 75.0
    - 1 x 03 - 80.0
    Was hoping to get 80 for 5 reps but wasn't in the cards. Probably cause I already killed myself with the pull ups.

Barbell Inverted Row
    - 1 x 08
    - 3 x 06 (Feet Elevated on Bench)
    - 1 x 08 (Feet Elevated on Bench)

Barbell Good Morning
    - 1 x 10 - 65.0 lbs
    - 1 x 10 - 85.0 lbs
    - 1 x 10 - 95.0 lbs
    - 1 x 10 - 105.0 lbs
    - 1 x 10 - 115.0 lbs
    Did these way too early in the days...legs definitely weren't stretched enough to want to go heavy with these.

Notes:
    Normally would go longer, but really didn't feel it today. Tomorrow I'll be doing body weight stuff so that should be fun...but the gym is only open from 8 AM to 12 PM so probably gonna try to get there by 9:30 or 10 at the latest.

Got the 3rd section rolled out and will probably tape it down later tonight. Doesn't look like anymore floor damage so should able to get the 4th section finished on Christmas day. Pics to be coming.

Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Normally would go longer, but really didn't feel it today.

And that's suppose to beat my leg workout from earlier?

Merry Christmas Artemis.
    "Don't be afraid of being different. Be afraid of being the same as everyone else."

“Time is your most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it. You can make more money, but you can’t make more time. When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you’ll never get back.â€

Ecclesiastes 9:11 - True wisdom

Wants to keep curls light and uses 40 lbs db's. We have two totally different ideas of light!

Okay...just a bit irritating. I know I made a comment yesterday in response to Solomonlike's comment...but for some reason it disappeared. I remember even checking to make sure it showed up right since I moved the quotes around and it was posted to my thread so not sure why it disappeared. Oh well, I'll try to remember what I said

Originally Posted by Solomonlike View Post
    And that's suppose to beat my leg workout from earlier?
    Yeah, I'll admit was a sad Back workout. I had such great intentions of having a strong workout but other things disrupted it. Ended up having to move the power rack around so I could work on the next section of flooring. So that was one hell of a workout before getting to the gym. But the real reason was the one guy at the gym. When he talks to me, for some reason I get flustered and can't concentrate or focus. Well he was there today and said hi. That was enough to make me almost completely forget what I was planning on doing today. LOL.

Originally Posted by Solomonlike View Post
    Merry Christmas Artemis.
    Merry Christmas Solomonlike

Wants to keep curls light and uses 40 lbs db's. We have two totally different ideas of light!
    Well they are sort of light for me, but definitely understand the difference.

Honestly wasn't even planning on going that heavy...but couldn't help myself. The 40s were calling my name. LOL.

Hope you have a Happy Holiday Sophie. And saw your Journal comment, hope you do start a new Journal once you get thru everything you are dealing with regarding nursing. I really do enjoy your journal.

Happy Holidays Everyone :D