js09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

low carb sauce for chicken? like teriyaki sauce

what are some options to use for a chicken breast? thanks.

Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hey man, as far as teryaki I can't tell you anything. I love eating baked chicken on keto though, my only problem is sometimes I overdo it because I love it so much. (Cook 4.5 lbs, try to ration it 3 days, it usually doesn't make it near that long ).. anyways, I'd love to hear how other people cook their chicken.. here's what I've been doing with mine.

I take 4-5 lbs of chicken drumsticks, dip them in any kind of oil.. I've used vegetable, canola, and virgin olive oil.. I can't tell a bit of difference in any.. so whatever you got laying around..

then come the seasonings...

pepper,
    Mrs. Dash's chicken blend
    seasoned salt
    cayenne chili powder <-- this is what I pile on..

I bake them at 350 for an hour, turning once. I used to coat both sides in those seasonings and then start cooking, turning halfway.. but all the seasonings started coming off, especially on the underside b/c of the grease they'd be in after they were done... So now I wait until I've turned them, I drain the pan as much as possible.. then season the top, when I pull them out and put them in a plate I season the bottoms.

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by js09 View Post
    Any kind of spice is usually no carb. Same with most hot sauces (tabasco, frank's, emeril's....)

Walden farms www. walden farms.com (Don't use spaces when you put it in the title box) has a line of no sugar, no cal, no carb sauces
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I dip chicken in olive oil, or ranch dressing in moderation. Mayonnaise, if you're into that. Bleu cheese, if you're into that. Teriyaki has a lot of sugar I believe?
    we sacrifice.

JK2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JK2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JK2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JK2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JK2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JK2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JK2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JK2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JK2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JK2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JK2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    All terriyaki sauces I saw had loads of sugar for that serving size.

Completely agree with xtrell - there are better choices for sauces. But if you're using 1-2 tsp per piece of chicken and not 'soaking it' it shouldnt matter that much.

I use olive oil, minced garlic, turmeric and some other spices - it tastes OK but not that great. I need to hunt for more recipes especially after getting this new 'Keto' Griller

Wt: 170 lbs BF: ~20% H: 5'9''
    Currently cutting: Goal 150 lbs by March 2008

My blog: http://kartikjayaraman.blogspot.com
    For Desis (Desi Fitness and health): http://www.desifitness.com

js09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mmm nice

thanks for the ideas everyone

minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is what i do for Teriaki sauce
    1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
    3 Tbsp honey
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tsp ginger root, grated

Pour over chicked marinade for couple hours ir freeze in vaccume seal.

With this recipe be careful not to burn the sauce in the oven. Tastes very good barbeque'd heat up extra sauce and use for rice
    Minxy - Anita

Know yourself
    Be yourself
    Trust yourself
    Love yourself
    Respect yourself.

BiggimusPrime is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BiggimusPrime is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BiggimusPrime is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BiggimusPrime is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BiggimusPrime is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BiggimusPrime is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BiggimusPrime is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BiggimusPrime is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BiggimusPrime is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BiggimusPrime is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BiggimusPrime is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There are zero carb soy sauces at your grocery store, I bet. There is at mine.

You can make some riced cauliflower and cook it in a skillet with broccoli, chicken, and some soy sauce.

CaptMarvel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by js09 View Post
    I guess I'm a few years late but for those like me who googled this topic this is what I do. I make a white wine mustard aioli garlic sauce and its great for fish as well (just add some capers). I use Trader Joe's Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce + a white cooking wine and heat that in a sauce pan. Up to you the ratio of mustard to wine, I love mustard so... Anyways, taste great without the heat but alcohol content is there. When heated it becomes a mild and super flavorful sauce that you will never get tired of eating with your chicken breast.
    And here's my recipe:
    Preheat oven to 400
    Take skinless chicken breast and season w/coarsely ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and Tony Chachere's cajun spices (lightly with this one of course) both sides.
    Grease an oven friendly cooking thing with just enough coconut or olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the oven friendly cooking thing.
    Cut two normal sized onion rounds and place them on the bottom of cooking thing.
    Cover onion rounds w/bay leaves.
    Place chicken breast on bed of onions and bay leaves.
    Cover chicken with bay leaves.
    Cover chicken and bay leaves with two normal sized onion rounds.
    Cover cooking thing and put in oven.
    Anywhere between 15 to 20 minutes check on it and add about 1/4 cup of water and baste. Won't be much liquid for basting but do as best you can with it anyway. If need be you can go up to 1/3 cup but there really is no need as the chicken breast will still come out moist (provided you baste).
    Total cooking time is about 45mins.
    Add sauce on top. Also, you will have a lot of onions left over and you can use two of the now cooked onion rounds to mix with any steamed veggies you are adding to your plate.
    All this = Fawkin Yumm!!!
    Here are the stats on the mustard sauce:
    Total Fat 1g
    Sat & Trans Fat 0g
    Total Carb 0g
    Fiber, Sugars, Chol, Protein all 0g
    Sodium 55mg

Cooking white wine:
    Cal 20g
    Total & Trans Fat 0g
    Sodium 190gal
    Total Carbs 0g
    Sugars & Protein 0g
    Last edited by CaptMarvel; 02-11-2014 at 09:36 AM.