DLJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hormone replacement therapy and weight gain

I have been doing great with my fitness goals in the last 4 months. Finally got my body fat under 20%. I plan on beginning a improved nutrition and exercise program with a new coach. I am 50 and have just been prescribed Activella for the numerous hot flashes I been having. Activella is estrogen and progesterone combined. Can anyone tell me if taking hormones can add weight. Or do I actually have to eat the calories.. It seems like all the reviewers for this medication complained that they had gained weight saying they hadn't changed their eating habits. It is listed as one of the side effects but my Dr said that I am already doing everything to prevent weight gain so it shouldn't be a problem. Can somebody educated on the effects of hormones on the body answer this for me.
    pain is weakness leaving the body

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not specifically speaking regarding Activella, since I've never taken it. I find that many medications list weight gain/loss as a side-effect, and yes many women share those complaints. I don't get it. A medication alone can't put pounds on you, only in combination with becoming more sedentary and eating more calories. At least that's been my experience.