jgutta23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not sure why I'm gaining weight..

My 2nd week on Keto.

Eating 2500 calories a day

3 protein shakes with 1 cup on egg whites each shake.

Chicken Salad
    Chorizo Casserole
    Chicken breast.

Comes out to about 2500 calories.

12 carbs a day.

59/39/2

Fat/Protein/Carb

Before I started Keto I was at 187, now I'm at 191. Could this be due to the fact that I'm taking Creatine or no?

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jgutta23 View Post
    Before I started Keto I was at 187, now I'm at 191. Could this be due to the fact that I'm taking Creatine or no?
    Yes. You might also just need to make a visit to the restroom.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

So should I stop taking creatine? Like will it only get worse with the weight gain?

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Creation doesn't stop or slow fat loss.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First off your talking far too much protein to be following the basic keto protocals, you should probably be talking in between 150-170 grams of protein max (.8-1g pr/lbm) and up the fats more. As for the weight gain, everyones body reacts differently at first. Stick to the protocol, and your body should learn to adjust soon. You will probably drop a lot of water weight first, then after a few more weeks start getting further continuous keto indicators.)

P.S. if you dont know how/why/what Creatine really does to you, WHY THE HELL DO YOU TAKE IT. Get the facts about things before you start putting it into your body.
    ΣΦΕ - Ever striving for a Sound Body and Mind.
    TKD

lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by alexwynveen View Post
    First off your talking far too much protein to be following the basic keto protocals, you should probably be talking in between 150-170 grams of protein max (.8-1g pr/lbm) and up the fats more. As for the weight gain, everyones body reacts differently at first. Stick to the protocol, and your body should learn to adjust soon. You will probably drop a lot of water weight first, then after a few more weeks start getting further continuous keto indicators.)

P.S. if you dont know how/why/what Creatine really does to you, WHY THE HELL DO YOU TAKE IT. Get the facts about things before you start putting it into your body.
    I totally agree, eat more fat!

I would even drop Protein lower but thats my personal opinion and works for me, remember excess protein turns to glucose aka carbs.
    If your body only needs like 100g of protein and you eat 200g of protein, then most of the 100g excess turns into carbs, putting you well over 50g carbs per day.

Ok I can do that.

What should my ratio be?

Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Creatine gained that weight for you. Nothing to be afraid of, it will stall later and you will see weightloss. Imo it's better to start creatine before a cut.
    If you die, you die. ( ͡◉ ͜ ʖ ͡◉) ™

alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexwynveen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jgutta23 View Post
    Ok I can do that.

What should my ratio be?
    First off, never trust ratios. They are a horrible way to go about setting your macros. Second off, this wont by any means be exact, but it may be a good starting place.

Keeping your same calories as you posted above, and assuming your around 15% body fat I would suggest between 135-170 grams of protein edging on the lower end. From there keep your carbs below 30, and as you said you usually eat ~12, lets just assume 20 for easier math.

So lets take 150g protein and 20 grams of carbs as the base to give you 680/2500 of your daily intake. This leaves us with 1820 calories for fat, giving a total of just around 202.

In short, shoot for 150 grams of protein, 200 Grams of fat and 20 grams of carbs (carbs can go slightly higher depending on the individual,but the lower the better).

Hope this helps. I wanted you to see the process. Overall, its a learning experience and finding what works the best for you, but as you sit right now I strongly advice adhering closer to protein range I have proposed.
    ΣΦΕ - Ever striving for a Sound Body and Mind.
    TKD

artbum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I aint gonna pretend to be a keto expert, but just chiming in to say that I also gained on keto. Gained fat and pretty sure lost muscle. I take the muscle loss due to being in a catabolic state form lack of carbs and the fat gain to carbing up on the first week without waiting two weeks or more. But I also read this thread: "New to keto? Look Here"

Search for this text: "Why hasn't my scale budged?" from member redheadlaw7

It answers the squishy fat gain which in a nutshell is actually water retention due to salty keto friendly foods.
    good luck!
    Yay! My "Extreme Kickboxing Workout" video just went live!
    http://10in30.com/10-pounds-in-30-days/muay-thai-fat-burn/

Thx for the help guys