Faurn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Faurn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Faurn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Shoulder clicking muscle imbalance help

I am dealing with shoulder impingement due to a muscle imbalance between my front delt and chest pulling my shoulders out of place from weak underdeveloped rear delts and back. I was a senior in high school and midway through it i developed a clicking in my left shoulder, there was no pain from it. I started doing pull ups and that is when i noticed something wasn't right, there was a dull ache/pain everytime i went down during a pull up. When i did military press same thing, as i went down with the weight my left shoulder just didn't feel the same as my right there was this dull ache with the click everytime i brought the bar down. Same as shoulder press with dumbells also. When i benched there was this dull ache in my shoulder also and my right shoulder felt like it was doing most of the work. I couldn't figured out why this was happening and i just kept lifting through it. At this time i was benching alot and doing alot of front delts, i was doing 45 lb front raises, 45lb dumbell curls, alot of shoulder presses but i never really hit my rear delts at all and the only exercise i did for back was seated cable rows. At the end of high school i decided to get this checked out because it was really bothering me. I went to see my doctor that has done 2 acl surgeries on both my knees, took a MRI for my left shoulder and told me nothing wrong with it and told me it was probably a muscle imbalance. I went to a physical therapist and he told me the same thing, shoulder impingement due to a muscle imbalance. Well my insurance expired when i turned 18 and now i can't see a physical therapist about it anymore. I stopped doing chest ,front delts and biceps and started only hitting rear delts and back for the past 3 months. Man this is starting to really bother me, it just seems like nothing i do helps, day by day passes and it is not getting better, every morning when i wake up i try to manually click my left shoulder by doing a pressing movement, i always hear a click, the same click that i hear when i do the exercises i stated that caused me a ache/dull pain. When i hear this click i know it hasn't gotten better, it is still the same. I honestly do not know what to do anymore, I can't even get a good workout anymore, i don't even remember the last time i was able to get a full complete workout done. This has been going on for maybe a little more than a year already.

Heres the excersies i do for rear delts and shoulders
    rear delts flys with dumbells 5x20
    Facepulls 4x15
    seated cable rows 2x17 3x12
    barbell bent over rows (just started doing these) 4x11
    latpull downs 4x12

I also do rotary cuff exercises

With all these exercises i try to keep as strict form as possible so i can really focus on my rear delts and back the most. Ill do rear delts 1 day and take a 1 day off and hit back and ill take a 2 day off and repeat. Been doing this for 3 months straight no changes at all. Any suggestions? What to do? Am i doing something wrong? Pic related.
    Attached Images

WadeHarrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WadeHarrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WadeHarrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WadeHarrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WadeHarrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WadeHarrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WadeHarrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WadeHarrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WadeHarrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WadeHarrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WadeHarrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I guess the reason is that the carilages in the joints on the affected area starts to wear off. I suggest that you take some rest for now and have some checkup because that is already considered chronic. As far as I'm concerned, anything weird that you've felt in your body for more than 6 months needs an urgent check up; that includes your condition right now. I hope this helps.

crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have a similar issue, but mine is due to my muscles not firing properly. Here's what I'm basically doing:

Do either of them, either as a warmup or prehab routine. If the former, do one run through everything, if the latter, do 2-3.

Faurn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Faurn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Faurn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by WadeHarrell View Post
    I guess the reason is that the carilages in the joints on the affected area starts to wear off. I suggest that you take some rest for now and have some checkup because that is already considered chronic. As far as I'm concerned, anything weird that you've felt in your body for more than 6 months needs an urgent check up; that includes your condition right now. I hope this helps.
    I already went to a doctor, i thought i had torn my labrum, i took an MRI and it shows nothing is wrong with it. My shoulder is impinged because my front delt is pulling my shoulder forward out of place, i have an attatchment showing my posture.

Originally Posted by crinal123 View Post
    Have a similar issue, but mine is due to my muscles not firing properly. Here's what I'm basically doing:

Do either of them, either as a warmup or prehab routine. If the former, do one run through everything, if the latter, do 2-3.
    I'm doing alot of these exercises already, they don't seem to help, I'm mostly doing external rotations and 90 degree rotations, they seem to help stop the clicking for a little while but after an hour it will be the same again, loud clicks that i can manually make by doing a pressing movement. I don't even know what to do now.

16PS is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Faurn

I know this is really old post but I just wanted to know about your situation now, is the clicking still there or have you gotten ride of it and how.