Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by liuzhoudragon View Post
    the Cain vs Demetrious question is foolish. your comparing two men of world-class level skill, but one is twice as big.

put also 125lb of Demetrious against your a untrained giant of your choice and he wins easily. (freak fights are less and less common, but when they were not more in pride the actually trained guy won.)
    Agree completely, it was a poor straw man argument in an attempt to substantiate their claim that strength / size trumps skill / training. Obviously he completely missed the point I was making by my Royce / Shamrock example which not only disproved their theory that a 40 lbs weight and significant strength advantage negates the skill of a trained fighter...especially considering both Royce and Shamrock are trained fighters (one is just better than the other). I figured pics were appropriate cause odds are good most of the people in this section have no clue who Royce is (or how to even pronounce his name. LOL).

And then to try to use Physics to further prove their theory when it only helps to disprove their theory. I hope I explained it in terms in which are easily understandable to people that know little about fighting.

Honestly, I was quite disappointed to see him choose the side he did with this argument especially considering the sport he participates in. I guess based on his logic...Gene Rychlak who is bigger than him and stronger than him, should easily be able to beat him in the caber toss. I'm sure he would consider that argument foolish as well...cause it is.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

Turning Betas into Gammas Wyomann's Avatar
    Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Size and power matter, that is all.
    Transformation Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170068283&page=1
    Pinecone Fitness: https://www.********.com/Pinecone-Fitness-1635681273361328/

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Wyomann View Post
    Size and power matter, that is all.
    Go crawl back under your bridge or all get the goat.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

Turning Betas into Gammas Wyomann's Avatar
    Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the Cain vs Demetrious question is foolish. your comparing two men of world-class level skill, but one is twice as big.
    How is that anymore foolish than you talking about a Chimp fighting a bodybuilder? It's not like a Chimp had fighting skills. You are just proving the point that size and power matters. Chimp > bodybuilder.

Unless you meant a chimp that knows karate, then I digress.
    Transformation Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170068283&page=1
    Pinecone Fitness: https://www.********.com/Pinecone-Fitness-1635681273361328/

AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000)

1. Chimpanzees are incredibly strong p4p. They could easily out wrestle you average man, you would need to be large enough and trained to pin it down (incredibly hard given a chimps core strength and low center of gravity.)
    Uh, that was kind of exactly my point? When that happened these boards lit up with a bunch of overgrown manchildren flexing their ego muscles about how because of their size they'd overpower a 120lb chimpanzee and defend themselves.

And you couldn't pin an adult male chimp. Even if you did, they still have 3" long canines to gore you with. There's also the fact that they try to castrate you right away, so even if you theoretically were physically capable, you'd be writhing in agony and incapacitated.

More to the point, though, is that it means that size doesn't really get you anywhere unless you're equally equipped in most other measures. Two trained fighters are equally equipped in fighting skill, at which point size and strength can tip the advantage to one of them. At the other absurd end, a human is ill-equipped to defend itself from every other hominid, and all the size in the world counts for little.

2. Its a movie.
    Again, kind of fits in with the point. Yes, it's a movie...marketed to the general public. The general public who is firmly convinced that "big = capable of the impossible, and always wins fights".
    Last edited by AirChair; 01-20-2014 at 02:52 AM.
    forum rule
    Discussion of illegal, banned, or controlled substances. This includes but is not limited to: steroids, FDA banned substances, pro-hormones, illegal drugs (United States laws apply), and prescription drugs. If it isn’t a product currently sold on Bodybuilding.com take caution in discussing it.

Originally Posted by AirChair View Post
    Uh, that was kind of exactly my point? When that happened these boards lit up with a bunch of overgrown manchildren flexing their ego muscles about how because of their size they'd overpower a 120lb chimpanzee and defend themselves.
    Well unfortunately that seems to be a typical trait of a lot of people. They can make these types of claims behind the safety of their computer screen or in security of their group of friends. But you know as well as I know, that most of these people that talk so tough...well when they are put to the test and are in a situation which may result in a fight (where they can prove how tough they are), they all of a sudden keep their mouths shut. In reality they aren't as tough as they want others to think.

Originally Posted by AirChair View Post
    More to the point, though, is that it means that size doesn't really get you anywhere unless you're equally equipped in most other measures. Two trained fighters are equally equipped in fighting skill, at which point size and strength can tip the advantage to one of them. At the other absurd end, a human is ill-equipped to defend itself from every other hominid, and all the size in the world counts for little.
    And even in those situations, size and strength may not always be an advantage. People seem to forget that size and strength are only two variables when it comes to the equation involved with fighting. There is also speed, flexibility, endurance, level of skill, etc. And they also seem to forget that you can't have all of these advantages all at the same time. Many are trade offs. If you gain strength and size, you will have to sacrifice some speed, flexibility and endurance. I've experienced this myself when I started to gain strength. For example, there is a local heavy weight fighter that has a size/strength advantage "looks like he lifts" over most of the fighters he goes against. But if he doesn't get a knock out in the first round, he WILL lose. Cause he has no endurance to go 3 full rounds. With no energy/endurance...that strength has absolutely no value and his size is now a disadvantage.

Not to mention, most people seriously underestimate the amount of energy that is expended during a fight. I was the same way since I never experienced it...until my first grappling competition. In a competition you go full out (100%). I was amazed to see how much you gas out in 3 minutes when you do go all out. By the end of the 3 minutes, everything was gassed out...energy, my lungs, my strength, my speed....everything. And it took easily over a week to recover from that competition. You see a fight on TV and it looks easy...cause you have never experienced it. You have no idea until you try...trust me, you would be surprised.

Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post
    Well unfortunately that seems to be a typical trait of a lot of people. They can make these types of claims behind the safety of their computer screen or in security of their group of friends. But you know as well as I know, that most of these people that talk so tough...well when they are put to the test and are in a situation which may result in a fight (where they can prove how tough they are), they all of a sudden keep their mouths shut. In reality they aren't as tough as they want others to think.

And even in those situations, size and strength may not always be an advantage. People seem to forget that size and strength are only two variables when it comes to the equation involved with fighting. There is also speed, flexibility, endurance, level of skill, etc. And they also seem to forget that you can't have all of these advantages all at the same time. Many are trade offs. If you gain strength and size, you will have to sacrifice some speed, flexibility and endurance. I've experienced this myself when I started to gain strength. For example, there is a local heavy weight fighter that has a size/strength advantage "looks like he lifts" over most of the fighters he goes against. But if he doesn't get a knock out in the first round, he WILL lose. Cause he has no endurance to go 3 full rounds. With no energy/endurance...that strength has absolutely no value and his size is now a disadvantage.

Not to mention, most people seriously underestimate the amount of energy that is expended during a fight. I was the same way since I never experienced it...until my first grappling competition. In a competition you go full out (100%). I was amazed to see how much you gas out in 3 minutes when you do go all out. By the end of the 3 minutes, everything was gassed out...energy, my lungs, my strength, my speed....everything. And it took easily over a week to recover from that competition. You see a fight on TV and it looks easy...cause you have never experienced it. You have no idea until you try...trust me, you would be surprised.
    Weight divisions exist for a reason in fighting sports. A good small guy will lose to a good big guy. Big people hit harder. Don't deny these facts.
    Hoping to bench 200 someday

Originally Posted by Big_Dip View Post
    Weight divisions exist for a reason in fighting sports. A good small guy will lose to a good big guy. Big people hit harder. Don't deny these facts.
    Actually, a bigger person doesn't necessarily hit harder. A stronger person may hit harder. But big does not equal strong. And being person that is strong with lifting weights does not mean you will be able to throw a strong punch.

Also, obviously reading comprehension is not your strong point cause if you read my previous posts you would see that I do agree that size/strength does matter when you are dealing with too skilled fighters.

Size matters when you are dealing with two people that have a similar training backgrounds. I won't ever disagree with that...it was actually the exact reason I started to lift weights to try to equalize the disadvantage I have against women that I train with that are larger than me. But in those cases you are dealing with people with a SIMILAR training background in which there are so many variables (size, strength, speed, skill, endurance, flexibility etc.) that can give you an advantage over the other competitor.
    The claim that I am disputing is that a smaller/weaker skilled fighter will probably beat a bigger/stronger person with no combat training. Basically all I have been able to conclude from this thread is that there are a lot of delusional weight lifters that have such an enormous ego that they honestly believe that because they are big/strong means that they are now capable of throwing, slipping, defending or taking a punch...or are now capable of wrestling, grappling, judo, bjj, etc.

I'm done with this conversation. Obviously you have no training in fighting otherwise you would realize how ridiculous your comments are. Honestly, I'd love to see you hit a heavy bag. I'm sure I'd get a good laugh when I saw your form.

Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Actually, a bigger person doesn't necessarily hit harder. A stronger person may hit harder. But big does not equal strong. And being person that is strong with lifting weights does not mean you will be able to throw a strong punch.

Also, obviously reading comprehension is not your strong point cause if you read my previous posts you would see that I do agree that size/strength does matter when you are dealing with too skilled fighters.

The claim that I am disputing is that a smaller/weaker skilled fighter will probably beat a bigger/stronger person with no combat training. Basically all I have been able to conclude from this thread is that there are a lot of delusional weight lifters that have such an enormous ego that they honestly believe that because they are big/strong means that they are now capable of throwing, slipping, defending or taking a punch...or are now capable of wrestling, grappling, judo, bjj, etc.

I'm done with this conversation. Obviously you have no training in fighting otherwise you would realize how ridiculous your comments are. Honestly, I'd love to see you hit a heavy bag. I'm sure I'd get a good laugh when I saw your form.
    You are correct that I have no fight training. I know Ronda Rousey would make me tap easily. AJ Lee is more athletic than me so would probably beat me too with all her training. However, I'm sure there are thousands of bigger women who would handle AJ Lee easily. Maybe they just aren't hot or cute enough for WWE though.
    Hoping to bench 200 someday

GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes. I'd win. Arm drag, single leg take down, double arm bar and walk them over.
    FSU "Go Noles!"

liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Big_Dip View Post
    That is professional sports.

Not World class elite athelte who eats, breaths and sleeps combat sports 24/7/365 since he was 5 vs. Average jerkoff who happens to lift weight 6 hours a week and is 50 lbs heavier