Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Healthier way to satiate cookie cravings?

I've been cutting since February or so. I never cared one way or the other about sweets before. Now, however, I crave cookies like no other. Unfortunately, I stopped counting calories/macros and ultimately stopped making progress the last few months. I haven't gained anything back, but haven't lost anything. I'd like to get back on track, but I realise to do so, I'm going to have to curb my cravings somehow. Rather than just ignore them and end up back in the same place, I thought I'd look up some protein cookie recipes. I've found a few, but none that looked great. So, now I'm hoping people how have some tried and true recipes that they can suggest. Also, preferably rather simple things. I'm a dude and I hate cooking already, so I'm not looking for "experience level:Emeril" type recipes.

Here is the one recipe I found that looked good. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-...r-cookies.html

Also, if any of you happen to be cooking geniuses, could you possibly devise an adaptation of this no bake cookie recipe that would be healthy?

Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
    1/2 C Butter
    2 C Sugar
    1/2 C Milk
    4 Tbsp Cocoa
    1/2 C Peanut Butter
    3 1/2 C Quick cooking Oats
    2 tsp. Vanilla
    Add the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil, and boil for 1 minute. Stir in the next 3 ingredients and drop onto wax/foil paper. Let cool until set.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Google "Chocolate Mugcake".

But really though, you're making pretty high calorie cookies already. Why wouldn't you just eat the real thing? lool.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jbtyson View Post
    I've been cutting since February or so. I never cared one way or the other about sweets before. Now, however, I crave cookies like no other. Unfortunately, I stopped counting calories/macros and ultimately stopped making progress the last few months. I haven't gained anything back, but haven't lost anything. I'd like to get back on track, but I realise to do so, I'm going to have to curb my cravings somehow. Rather than just ignore them and end up back in the same place, I thought I'd look up some protein cookie recipes. I've found a few, but none that looked great. So, now I'm hoping people how have some tried and true recipes that they can suggest. Also, preferably rather simple things. I'm a dude and I hate cooking already, so I'm not looking for "experience level:Emeril" type recipes.

Here is the one recipe I found that looked good. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-...r-cookies.html

Also, if any of you happen to be cooking geniuses, could you possibly devise an adaptation of this no bake cookie recipe that would be healthy?

Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
    1/2 C Butter
    2 C Sugar
    1/2 C Milk
    4 Tbsp Cocoa
    1/2 C Peanut Butter
    3 1/2 C Quick cooking Oats
    2 tsp. Vanilla
    Add the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil, and boil for 1 minute. Stir in the next 3 ingredients and drop onto wax/foil paper. Let cool until set.
    I'm confused

What do you consider unhealthy?

what makes that recipe "healthier" than others?

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^^^ I have the same reaction, Jason. I'm very confused.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    When I have a craving I generally just eat what I am craving.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm sorry I guess I wasn't all that clear. I guess what I'm looking for is a better way to justify eating things like that. Hence my mention of protein cookies. That way I can have something to feed the craving, but also benefits my macros so the calories aren't just wasted. For instance the link that I posted had a recipe for protein peanut butter cookies. They were relatively high in calories, but also had 14 grams of protein per serving. So the 100+ cals wouldn't be a waste on carbs only

storchskr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) storchskr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) storchskr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) storchskr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) storchskr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) storchskr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) storchskr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) storchskr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) storchskr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) storchskr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) storchskr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    eat a choc chip cookie quest bar, 10 sec in the microwave hnnnngggg
    *Misc. Cologne Crew*

*BvB 09*

*CEO10k/Day*

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Aknomad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aknomad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aknomad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aknomad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aknomad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aknomad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aknomad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aknomad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aknomad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aknomad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aknomad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cutting Sweet Cravings:

(1) scoop of vanilla whey
    (1) tbsp of coco powder
    (2) tbsp PB2
    (1) packet of stevia
    (1/2) cup of soy milk/milk

Mix all together and stick in the freezer for about 20 mins or until it gets hard. Makes the perfect protein, low-calorie ice cream.
    Certified Fitness Trainer - NESTA

Kettlebell Instructor - Dig Performance Fitness

Registered User ChaoticReignPbt's Avatar
    ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My trick is....to tell my woman to bake me some cookies.

If you're doing anything short of a contest prep it really doesn't matter at all provided you're still tracking your calories and don't go on some ridiculous cookie binge.

WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Freakin adorable lol
    My Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169516313

MMDELAD

Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    When I have a craving I generally just eat what I am craving.
    Definitely the best approach to things in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Jbtyson View Post
    I'm sorry I guess I wasn't all that clear. I guess what I'm looking for is a better way to justify eating things like that.
    I'm probably going to get heat for this but from my experience if you crave something, that's enough justification to eat it. While I had an unhealthy relationship with food, I put myself through a lot of stress trying to eat 'efficiently' and the cravings never stopped.

Just as shesprints intended a few days ago with her pancake thread, I would argue the best thing to do would be to eat the cookies that you crave and, if you want protein, have it on the side.
    Last edited by Hunttarded; 11-19-2013 at 11:38 AM.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Having cookies from time to time is fine. Just incorporate into your targeted calories/macros.

Also, there is another side - which I tend to prefer. Have a craving? Then just ignore it. Teaches willpower and discipline. Good to learn a little about these two words.

Dont always have to give in to your cravings. Have some balance.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    Dont always have to give in to your cravings. Have some balance.
    I agree and I should have mentioned this. Be responsible with your cravings, but not afraid of them.