Thread: Starting Up

rk8998 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Starting Up

Alright, here is my story. I was and am now a fat white kid, a nice slow 5.8 40m dash, 135 bench max, 265 squat max, and 150 clean max. I've never wanted to play sports or eat right before in my life, but i came to a new school and played football for my first time ever, loved it. I played left guard, but i really dont like the position. So, i decided to take matters out of my coaches hands and into my own. I havent really been in the gym before, and it is kinda intimidating. As of right now, i am trying to train to play Fullback, but a recently dislocated shoulder has really set me back. just looking for tips and motivation from you guys to get me going again.

Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by rk8998 View Post
    Alright, here is my story. I was and am now a fat white kid, a nice slow 5.8 40m dash, 135 bench max, 265 squat max, and 150 clean max. I've never wanted to play sports or eat right before in my life, but i came to a new school and played football for my first time ever, loved it. I played left guard, but i really dont like the position. So, i decided to take matters out of my coaches hands and into my own. I havent really been in the gym before, and it is kinda intimidating. As of right now, i am trying to train to play Fullback, but a recently dislocated shoulder has really set me back. just looking for tips and motivation from you guys to get me going again.
    Good luck, and you're going for weight loss? While you should lift weights, try doing a fair amount of cardio as well and diet is important as well. You can do it.

yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Love that your getting serious about your health, one thing I would say it find someone around you that has experience and have them mentor you. Its one thing to have ppl online telling you what to do, but having someone there with you will only make it that much more of a reachable goal.

I was once a Fat Offensive Tackle my freshmen year and lost enough weight and worked my A@@ off and became a starting WR for my Regional Runner-up Varsity team my senior year. IT IS POSSIBLE
    Certified Personal Trainer
    ~American Council on Exercise

"The Newest Version of the Old Me"

Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Titansfan33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by yuncker View Post
    Love that your getting serious about your health, one thing I would say it find someone around you that has experience and have them mentor you. Its one thing to have ppl online telling you what to do, but having someone there with you will only make it that much more of a reachable goal.

I was once a Fat Offensive Tackle my freshmen year and lost enough weight and worked my A@@ off and became a starting WR for my Regional Runner-up Varsity team my senior year. IT IS POSSIBLE
    Offensive tackle? I was a Wide Receiver Freshman year.

yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000) yuncker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Titansfan33 View Post
    Offensive tackle? I was a Wide Receiver Freshman year.
    I weighted 220 at 5'10" my freshmen year. My senior year I was 185lbs and a starting WR
    Certified Personal Trainer
    ~American Council on Exercise

"The Newest Version of the Old Me"

I weighted 220 at 5'10" my freshmen year. My senior year I was 185lbs and a starting WR
    I was 5'9 that year and 165 pounds.

rk8998 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Titansfan33 View Post
    Good luck, and you're going for weight loss? While you should lift weights, try doing a fair amount of cardio as well and diet is important as well. You can do it.

Thanks for the advice guys. I really am concerned about my weight, though. I had barely enough to maintain a block this year, and i am afraid if i shed too much i wont have that low center of gravity anymore. But, on the flipside of that, i will be faster off the ball and will reach my block faster. What would be a good amount if weight to lose, and is it possible to lose it from just "intense" weight lifting sessions?