Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    **** yeah awesome write up mate gave me tingles!!!

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NextProtege View Post
    2014 NANBF WA State Full Write Up

IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder was what I killed myself this last six months for. I wanted that pro card. Really bad. I didn't diet for anything else this prep, that overall was my goal, and still ended up being, again, Mr. Next In Line. I am not angry.....I am not remorseful, I couldn't have worked harder. Maybe I could have eaten more for prejudging, but I don't really feel like it would have made a difference, as the overall winner was so developed, even my best probably would have fallen short. Strangely, I find myself completely and utterly content this week. Four days after leaving the stage, full of the foods I missed, lifting heavy again, and enjoying life. I am back to me again, for the first time in what feels like forever, I am happy. What I found in Edmonds Washington was something I did not expect..... a new family. As silly as it may sound, this was my first show where comaraderie mattered. For those reading this who have never been to a bodybuilding show, at least from what I have experienced, there is a sense of animosity most the time. There has only been one instance in the NPC where I had felt even close to this level of open support and encouragement back stage and it was my first bodybuilding show where my class were all novice first timers cheering eachother on. This time was so much more than that. I met like-minded, natural athletes who were at this show to display their very best physiques. Guys who killed themselves to get to a level of conditioning you rarely see on any local stage. These warriors, instead of being elitist or superficial, were instead very supportive and helpful. Most went out of their way to encourage the other competitors best look and mindset, even within their own classes! The moment I got to our host hotel, I knew this was my new home, as I made more friends in 24 hours then I have in 6 years of competing in the NPC.

Thursday, 4/17/14
    Morning Weight: 181.2
    Stressed. I woke up at 6am on Thursday with one goal in mind. Collect everything I could ever need for a long weekend ahead. A weekend that I may win a pro card or at least battle it out in an overall for one. This time I made sure to grab EVERYTHING. Extra contacts, sunglasses, sweatshirt, sandals, 2 CDs of routine music, extra clothes, I even grabbed the Genuine Fitness Microwave when I heard the rooms didn't provide one. I had a toaster, a microwave, a giant cooler, 3 bags of carbohydrates and seasonings and sauces. I was going to rely on nothing, and create a kitchen in my own room. After packing up and getting more ice for a very packed cooler, we headed up to Edmonds WA at 9am. My goal was to look my absolute best ever. I was going to consume the same amount of carbs as I did the previous Thursday. Considering my weight was up a lb from the previous week, I knew my look wasn't going to be as sharp so I decided upping my food intake wouldn't be necessary. I stuck to the same programming and the day pushed on. After 5 bathroom breaks (1.5gallons of water) and a gas stop, we finally ended up in the small town of Edmonds WA with an estimated drive time of 5hours 45 minutes. Not too bad. We checked into the host hotel and after speaking with a lady who was a bit excessive among informing us of all the amenities we headed to our room, I unpacked and knew that I needed to get some blood moving. 2 days out from the show and sitting for 6 hours doesn't make the body look good. I located the nearest Starbucks via the front desk and went on the 1/2mile walk with the girlfriend to get some hot coffee. After waking up my legs and feeling better because of the caffeine I located the host hotel's partnered gym and made my way over for my last pump up session of the prep.
    Fortunately, the gym was well equipped and only a $5 per day fee for any hotel visitors. I made sure to get my moneys worth and ended up putting those plentiful carbs to work that day super-setting presses and pulls for upper body, ensuring I wasn't going crazy enough to be sore on stage. I hit abs, I foam rolled, I stretched, and I checked the mirror. Everything was in place. I looked good and ended the workout with a strong 20minute stepmill session and finally found myself feeling good again. I headed back to the host hotel and got registration started. I met with Lynda Prince and Kevin James, the promoters of the show and they were the most supportive and helpful people I could ever ask for. Both were very encouraging and made me feel right at home. I knocked out the necessary paperwork to complete registration, bought a Tshirt (That I ended up trading in for a bigger one since its grow time!) and finished up with the manditory Polygraph. After only 5-10minutes of questions it was done and I was allowed to collect my goody bag and finish my competitor registration.
    Showing up the hotel a day early was really nice, I got to sleep in the next morning and our first order of business was to get Starbucks and a pedicure. Fortunately there were plenty of good spots in Edmonds and we chose the first open one we saw and it was awesome! I have always been skeptical on those massage chairs that exist out there but this place knew what was up. During my foot treatment I had that thing set on stress reliever and it felt like a small person was inside the chair kneeding the hell out of my upper back. After 45 minutes of relaxation we concluded our service for a cheap $25 fee each along with a generous tip. For being 1 day out, I felt relaxed and ready to do the damn thing! I ended up eating an additional 425g of carbs on Friday, about 75 more grams then the week before. I found that filling out was being a bit more difficult this week and the extra carbs would be needed for what I heard was a very long amount of stage time that I would be getting the following day. I also spoke to a few great competitors/coaches that day to get my head strait about the following days competition. A big shout out to Darren Foote from Olympia, he went out of his way to hook me up with some nonfat pringles and some words of wisdom about me looking ready to go for battle on Saturday. I went to bed early at 10pm Friday night after getting the darkest tan of my bodybuilding career from LSR tans and Kim Bell. I felt ready, but the apprehension couldn't completely dissipate, it was time!
    Bump
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I only slept about 4.5 hours Friday night. My brain was racing. The possibilities of the next day ranged from disappointing those who were coming to see me compete to winning that pro card. It was up to me to relax the collection of thoughts my brain was spitting out at me. However, I just couldn't seem to get back to sleep past 5am. All those months of dieting for this one day, for this one moment, the culminating point was just hours away. It was time for a real competition.
    I woke up at 5:45am, I felt bad for Lyndsi as she had been through so many of these days of not being able to sleep because of MY stress and hunger levels, however this would be the final time she would have to suffer along with me. The day had arrived.
    Again, like clockwork I headed to Starbucks. I got my Venti Black Coffee and decided a big bowl of oatmeal and egg whites were what would make me feel best that early morning. A local restaurant hooked it up for a cheap cost and thankfully didn't seem to mind that we brought in our own coffee. Again, we tipped well and went on our way. I made sure to show up to the venue early as I had no idea if it would be packed yet or not, which it ended up being, but I got into the competitor meeting on time with all my necessary belongings. After collecting my competitor button, number 116, I heard them call out a familiar name. A name I knew from my first bodybuilding show in 2008, a name that won that novice overall. A name that won the Washington Ironman overall as well on a seperate much more recent year. "John Smith". My heart sank. If this was the same John Smith, I was in trouble. Sure as ****, the man who I had seen never lose a competition came up and got his competitor number and walked off. My thoughts turned negative, as I couldn't help but feel that I may not attain my goal after all. The only hope I had now was to out condition this man, as he had from years past, some of the best hanging full muscle groups I had ever seen on a natural bodybuilder. Backstage, only a few hours past the competitor meeting, John finally unveiled his physique. He was leaner then I had ever seen him, I was in trouble. O_O

Two hours prior to me hitting the stage I had my tan updated, I ate an additional carb heavy meal, and I chatted with a few familiar faces that I had met through social media leading up the show. IFPA Pros like Cohn Wolfe, Tyler Mayer, and D'Ghon Culpepper were super friendly and supportive. Something that is so nice to see in a small community with such few faces. I also got to meet and greet with a few athletes who were after that coveted pro card like myself like Darren Foote, Przemyslaw, Kenny Gonzalez, Andrew "Petro" Pietraszewski, Tony Hall, Alfred Ra'oof, and Micah Massey. All of whom were super cool down to Earth guys that were as excited about the big day as I was.
    My class wasn't going on until the very end of the show. I estimated the time to be around noon originally but we had just been called up to be entering the stage around 2pm. Looking back, I could have eaten far more that morning, I could have also taken in more sodium. Both of which I corrected by the evening showing but even then, I didn't believe it was enough to show my best for prejudging. In fact, I felt like I severely under-ate, considering how late in the day it already was, nevertheless pump up for us began and we were prepared to go to war.
    If you watched the prejudging video, we posed for 15 minutes. I felt like we all got very fair comparisons and in all honestly, I think the judges got it right. Some may argue a placing or two but considering the class, I was very impressed with the head judges ability to handle the amount of muscle on that stage. After prejudging, there was no butting heads, no animosity, and no boasting or bragging. This was not the NPC, this was a federation of friends and athletes, and everyone seemed content with the amount of time provided for them on stage. I was extremely impressed with Kenny Gonzalez and Alfred Ra'oof, both of which had already competed in other classes and were out there again showing off their hard work. Hats off to them, as that amount of posing is brutal!
    I left prejudging and met with Lyndsi, who I can always trust will give me an honest amount of feedback. I also saw D'Ghon outside the auditorium, and thanked him kindly for keeping my posing tight with his words while I was on stage. He really helped me identify how to look my best, and I used his critiques to the best of my ability. I left with Lyndsi and she told me that I was indeed more flat then I could have been and that we had to correct that for the evening. Also, this was the first time she had seen dream tan and she thought my color wasn't as engaging as the gold color that those athletes presented. Other than that, we were in agreement, John Smith was just too much of a beast to handle and possibly one or two more athletes up there pushed me to the point of maybe slipping down to 4th place. At that moment something funny happened. Instead of being angry. I finally relaxed. The prejudging foreshadows whats to come in the evening. Since this was my final show of my prep, I didn't essentially need to be as strict on myself anymore. I told Lyndsi, let's go eat something good. It's time for a burger with fries.
    After consuming a Bacon Avocado Cheese Burger, Sweet Potatoe Fries, a side salad with bleu cheese, and a diet coke I made my way over to the frozen yogurt shop and had a large froyo. I knew I needed the food because I was flat, but I wasn't worried anymore about quantity. I wanted to show up at night and kill my routine, be full, be happy, and the those calories wouldn't magically turn into fat by that time. I headed back to my hotel room, laid my head down for ten seconds, and passed out hard for the following hour.
    The night show began at 5pm, but I didn't show up until 6:15. I felt refreshed, satisfied, and for once, not hungry. I just felt good. I had a smile on my face because I knew from this point forward there was nothing I could do about my placing and I should just enjoy the process from that moment forward. I ended up parking my butt in the back room where most the athletes were waiting. By the end of the night, all of us bodybuilders back stage were making Arnold jokes, giving eachother ****, eating eachothers food, and having a great time. In fact, I have never experienced anything like those few hours in all my years of bodybuilding. It was truly an honor to share those moments with those guys and we all ended up bonding with some posing pics together and sharing our situations with one another. By the end of the night, 10:45 finally rolled around, and it was the Open Tall Class that was last to roll on stage. I felt like I looked ten times better in the evening routine then I did all morning. We finally lined up for awards and I was presented a 2nd place trophy, 1 of only 3 that they present at this show. I was proud of myself, as this was the toughest class and the toughest show I had ever been a part of, and walking away with 2nd place was a HUGE accomplishment, even if it wasn't a pro card, It was a testament to how far I had come. After the show I wanted to eat. That's all I wanted to do. I packed my bags up and headed out to the after party Las Brisas restaurant where I carried my trophy in and ordered what I had been craving for months. Nachos. They were a perfect cap to an amazingly long and arduous prep. They signified the end of my dieting and stress. Each chip was like its own reminder of how far I had come and what I had earned. I finished them entirely and made my way back to the hotel room with a full belly and a sense of accomplishment like no other show prep I had ever done. It was finally time to move forward, it was time to transition back to me
    Bump to the new page for ya! Awesome write up man! Way to end it on a high note!

What's the plan for the offseason? how long? any idea?

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

WNBF Pro Bodybuilder NextProtege's Avatar
    NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Haven't updated my log since getting back to things. I'm currently overwhelmed with making up work and getting back on schedule with things. So far I've knocked out mostly powerlifting days, with one hyper shoulders/arm day thrown in.

New split looks like this:
    Power upper/lower push(squats/bench)
    Power upper pull (deads/cleans)
    Upper hyper shoulders/arms
    Day off
    Repeat

Excited to set some strength pr's in the months to come!
    US Marine 0311 Combat Vet
    Owner - Genuine Fitness LLC
    ACSM/ISSA Personal Trainer
    Competitive Natural Bodybuilder

Follow my log to a natural pro card in 2014
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158337103

NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Bump to the new page for ya! Awesome write up man! Way to end it on a high note!

What's the plan for the offseason? how long? any idea?
    2017 Washington state is my thoughts. I want to focus on business and getting a family started. Also, I want to get strong as **** and put some fat back on!

Maybe do a couple power lifting meets in the next year. Ultimately I am just sick of dieting!

2017 Washington state is my thoughts. I want to focus on business and getting a family started. Also, I want to get strong as **** and put some fat back on!

Maybe do a couple power lifting meets in the next year. Ultimately I am just sick of dieting!
    Sounds like a good plan to me! PL in my offseason was SO much fun!

PS- What's your business?

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

Sounds like a good plan to me! PL in my offseason was SO much fun!

PS- What's your business?
    I own a 3600 sq ft private personal training facility in Eugene OR. Since the show I have probably had 10-12 individuals ask for training. Contest preps are the best way to advertise my business so I use them as tax write offs via advertisement as I am by law an "employee" of genuine fitness. I already have a full schedule, but since meal prep and timing can be a bit more lax with my new macros, I'm working myself crazy to build up some funds for a house this year

chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cool stuff kid!
    CEO at BPI Sports
    InstaGram @chrismac_365

Originally Posted by chrismac365 View Post
    Cool stuff kid!
    Thank you! Happy to write it up, it was an amazing experience.

Thanks for the bump bro, didn't see that!

Depleted 1 day out contest prep nudez, should have loaded on more then 425g carbs that day:

Show day next to the middle weight winner and the 4th place guy in my class far right.

That first post show burger!

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ....That first post show burger!
    Why did you do that!?

I've been so wanting a burger..
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Get some pics up of your training facilty!

Man that first picture looks awesome, the detail in your legs is outstanding.

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    great write up watched the videos you looked insane, really admire your physique man and how far it can KEEP GOING AND IMPROVING, keep at it I'll be on this log for a while now to come
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

4/27/14
    Morning weight: 186.8
    Macros: 230p/480c/50f
    Workout: Delts/Arms Hyper
    Lateral cable shoulder raise: 3 sets
    Lateral DB shoulder raise: 3 sets
    Cgbp: 135x12, 185x10, 205x8, 225x6, 240x3 (pr), 240x3 (pr)
    Overhead cable extension: 3 sets
    Barbell curl: 95x10, 105x10, 115x10, 125x10, 135x10 (pr)
    Incline Db Curl: 25x12, 30x10, 30x10
    Overhead Machine Press: 4 sets x 10

Glorious day. Strength PR's, great motivation, great pump. These post show feels!

Originally Posted by deltpecx View Post
    Why did you do that!?

I've been so wanting a burger..
    Ate a burger every day of prep.... Just one at home, without much fat, not delicious 80/20 beef. lol

Originally Posted by domingochavez View Post
    Get some pics up of your training facilty!

Man that first picture looks awesome, the detail in your legs is outstanding.
    Thanks, and I may put some pics up of my gym, this log is more about my personal journey in Bodybuilding but maybe I will throw some up because it's where I do all my training, thanks

Originally Posted by jaredmus View Post
    great write up watched the videos you looked insane, really admire your physique man and how far it can KEEP GOING AND IMPROVING, keep at it I'll be on this log for a while now to come
    Thank you, beating this guy will be quite the challenge, really gave my all this prep, like always. Hoping to continue bring more chest, lat, and maturity to the physique in the years to come!

Another video I found on youtube of the prejudging from a better angle to see how I compared to the overall winner. Relaxed poses he is just so enormous but I feel like I present better and in Front double Bi, Rear Double Bi, Side Chest, and Overhead Abs I come damn close. Too bad hes just so damn good, lol.

4/29/14
    Morning weight 186.8
    Macros: 225p/495carbs/60f
    Amidst 13 sessions of clients today along with sending a plan out to a brother in arms in Germany, I was able to hit a great leg workout with my boys Randy and Ty Webb

Squats: 135 x 12, 225x10, 315x5, 355x4, 385x3, 405x1, 415x1, 405 x 1, 315 deep paused x 3, x3, x3

Hack squats: 2plates per side x 10, 3 plates x 8, 4 plates x 6, 4plates + 35lbs x 2

Legs are toast!

Up roughly 6lbs or so? Not too bad! How are you tackling the reverse dieting?

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great vid - you showed very well!

Glad you're enjoying the post contest season so far. Some get the post show blues (I did at least).
    Team General Mills

No post show blues for me, I was ready to come off of the diet five weeks before it ended. It was the toughest ice ever delt with. I am truly enjoying life presently, business is booming and I've got big plans for fulfilling life in the near future!

Up roughly 6lbs or so? Not too bad! How are you tackling the reverse dieting?
    8 lbs now this morning. My goal is to jay raise carboyhdrates considerably while keeping my other substrates the same. Original idea was 400g a carbs a day but I quickly realized I couldn't handle it and I'm trying 500. Today I went over even that tho with one large beer on top of normal meals.

4/30/14
    Morning weight: 188.2
    Macros: 240p/550c/50f
    Think I'm spilling over lol
    Upper hyper pull:
    Lat pull down: 125x 15, 125x15, 165x15, 165x15, 200x10, 200x10
    Tbar row: 115x15, 185x12, 255x8, 255x10, 255x8
    Db row: 75x15, 100x15, 100x20each
    Unilateral cable row: 80x15, 100x12, 100x12each
    Upright row:135x15, 185x12, 185x15, 185x17

25min hard bike ride

Splurged a little, dat 22oz beer tho! (counting it in carbs even though alcohol calories)

4/2/14
    Morning weight 190.2 (too fast, gonna probably start dieting a bit again as dismaying as it may sound, just not seeing the metabolic capacity I want at this point)
    Macros: 220p/450c/50f/2gal
    Workout: 90min bike ride

If you haven't heard the news, I received a phone call from the promoters of the NANBF Washington state and was informed that the overall winner at the 2014 Washington State natural was disqualified. This means I am now the class winner of the show. While this news is great, it is also quite bittersweet for me. In fact, in this moment, I feel a bit cheated. If the winner wasn't truly natural, then my moment of taking first place on stage was stolen from me. Competing for the overall was also taken from me, regardless of how that outcome would have been I never had the opportunity to embrace a situation that should have occurred. It will take me some time to digest this situation fully, as I was just beginning to accept the outcome of the show as it HAD been. Now I can't help but feel a strong sense of 'what if?' I am going to let these feelings settle and not post anything that I may look back on and regret tonight as this is all such an impact of emotion for me right now. I feel cheated but accomplished, proud but dismayed, and troubled with a whirlwind of both bodybuilding highs and lows. Melancholy. Let's see if I can sleep on it.

Damn mate I would be pissed off also!!! Pay the guy who got busted a visit to make yourself feel better....

Damn mate I would be pissed off also!!! Pay the guy who got busted a visit to make yourself feel better....
    No kidding, I have never had such contempt and hate for an individual as I feel right now. It's really hard to accept that both shows I lost this year, and both winners over me were on drugs. I feel like I should have a sword hanging up at my gym right now.

Anyway...

5/3/14
    Morning Weight: 189.8
    Macros: 215p/460c/60f

Workout: Shoulders/Arms Hyper, 1 hour footbag

Overhead DB Press: 35x15, 55x12, 70x10, 80x6, 80x6, 80x6
    Seated Shoulder Abductor Machine: 4 sets x 10
    Barbell Power Clean: 95x15, 145x12, 185x10, 225x6, 235x6
    Overhead DB Extension: 60x15, 80x12, 100x10, 120x6, 120x6
    Tricep Pushdown: 4 sets x 20
    Standing DB Curl: 40x12, 50x10, 60x6, 60x5 + dropset
    Preacher Curl: 110x12, 4 sets

Didn't sleep much. Brain was racing because of the news from Friday but ended up having an energetic day regardless. Planned for a big dinner so I ate lightly and exercised a lot throughout the day. Also worked out at Absolute Fitness down the road to mix it up a bit since my workout partners were unable to join me at Genuine. Also didn't get sleep because I split the finals at the magic card tournament for Friday night, didn't get home until 2am but won some money and some product, dat competitiveness.

Some more show pics:

ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ebomb55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sorry to hear about that dude. That's pretty awful. I can only imagine having the opportunity to get the overall taken away because of some guy that cheated. Either way, keep your head up, keep crushing it.

Originally Posted by ebomb55 View Post
    Sorry to hear about that dude. That's pretty awful. I can only imagine having the opportunity to get the overall taken away because of some guy that cheated. Either way, keep your head up, keep crushing it.
    It's a deep wound for sure, out of my control but for being a first timer on a truly naturally tested show, it sure is dismaying.

5/4/14
    Morning Weight: 189.6
    Macros: 230p/490c/55f/2.5gal

Workout: 1 hour morning walk with the girlfriend, Lower Hyper Pull w/ Deads
    Sumo Deadlift: 95x12, 185x12, 275x10, 365x6, 425x4, 465x2, 500x1, 500x1 (Volume PR)
    SLDL: 185 x 15, 3 sets
    Seated Ham Curls: 87.5x20, 100x20, 112.5x15, 125x15
    Lying Ham Curls: 80x10, slow eccentric, 2 sets, 90x8, slow eccentric, 2 sets
    Seated Abductor: 90x20, 3 sets
    Seated Calf Raises: 2 sets

The bare essentials:

5/5-14
    Morning weight: 190.0
    Macros: 225p/500c/50f

Workout: Upper Hyper Pull
    Kneeling cable row: 120x15, 175x15, 200x10, 200x10
    Nunez seal row: 60lb DBS x 15, 70s x 15, 80x12, 90x9(pr), 100x7 (pr)
    Neutral grip pull-ups: 5 sets x 8
    Strait arm lat pushdown: 3 sets
    Rear machine gym: 3 sets

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No kidding, I have never had such contempt and hate for an individual as I feel right now. It's really hard to accept that both shows I lost this year, and both winners over me were on drugs. I feel like I should have a sword hanging up at my gym right now.
    That's bodybuilding for you,

These guys pass the polygraph on the spot did they not? I assume so since they were allowed to compete, strong test. Also what do you mean both shows? Was that short guy who won in the first show also busted?

Unfortunately if you're chasing the win, you're going to have to follow a dark path or end up disappointed. That or from the words of the Dark Lord Spaniard himself Jason Genova "Sometimes nobody shows up, and you automatically win."

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    .... a truly naturally tested show, it sure is dismaying.

Originally Posted by Devils View Post

These guys pass the polygraph on the spot did they not? I assume so since they were allowed to compete, strong test....
    I'm curious about this too. What did they ask?
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

5/7/14
    Morning Weight 188.2
    Macros: 235p/485c/65f
    Workout: Chest DAY
    Bench, 2 second eccentric, explosive concentric:
    135x12, 135x12, 185x10, 185x10, 225x8, 255x4, 255x4, 275x2, 275x2, 225x13, 135x40
    Incline DB Press: 45x15, 60x10, 60x10, 70x8, 80x8, 80x6

IFBB Pro Anne Kam says I should concentrate on mind muscle connection with my chest. So I am flexing my boobs all day er' day, much to my clients confusion.

lol.

Good day overall, 188 on scale is a nice low weigh in, 2 weeks post show and feeling great without putting on 15-20lbs. Hoping to keep this weight/conditioning throughout May and into Hawaii next month. I expect to return from Hawaii quite a bit heavier however because I have some fun to be had!

For now, Food Porn from this week

Originally Posted by Devils View Post

These guys pass the polygraph on the spot did they not? I assume so since they were allowed to compete, strong test. Also what do you mean both shows? Was that short guy who won in the first show also busted?

Unfortunately if you're chasing the win, you're going to have to follow a dark path or end up disappointed. That or from the words of the Dark Lord Spaniard himself Jason Genova "Sometimes nobody shows up, and you automatically win."

Originally Posted by deltpecx View Post
    I'm curious about this too. What did they ask?
    Initial testing is polygraph which the individual who got disqualified had passed. I am not privy to why he was DQ'd, all I know is that by now the UA's have returned and I'm guessing that is what he failed on. I have heard info about him being DQ'd from another show a few years back however, and I'm curious if that may have been the reason why as well.... The initial show I lost the overall against the batamweight, who's trainer is an avid and big promoter of the drug scene here in the northwest. In fact, he has sent multiple clients to the hospital for a drug known as DNP, which he uses on the majority (if not all) of his clients. I was told after the show, by both the drug tester, along with a local judge, that they were terribly sorry for allowing this competitor to "slip through the cracks" because the testing at that show is random, and he wasn't chosen. He went on to win the biggest regional untested show in the united states last week (his first year competing still mind you). Lastly, the batamweight himself informed me that he had dropped 11 lbs the week of the show utilizing his coaches "protocol" which, as you may guess, is a banned diuretic. Sigh. I'm not going to compromise and use anything in order to win an overall. I will win that **** honestly, without turning to any supps to do so, so help me.

5/8/14
    Woke up 10 minutes before my first client, didn't have a chance to weigh. Threw down a bowl of cereal and a quest bar and trained for a couple hours. Rainy, no coffee, no shower, no shave, felt like a sleezeball! Meals were off a bit because of this as well, was able to eat enough to have a pretty successful leg day:

Squat
    135x12, 135x12, 225x12, 275x8, 315x5, 355x2, 385x4 (PR at this bodyweight), 385x2, 385x2 (volume PR), 315x5

Leg Press: 2 plates x 20, 4 plates x 20, 5 plates x 20 slow reps. Haven't leg pressed in forever, may get back into it as it felt $$

Macros: 230p/515carbs/60f

5/9/14
    Morning weight: 189.2
    Macros: 230p/485c/58f/2gal
    Workout: delts/arms hyper
    Kettle bell lateral raises: 3 sets x 15 each
    Smith overhead press: 2 second eccentric, pause, explosive concentric: 115x15, 135x10, 155x6, 155x 6, 155x6, 115x15
    Barbell curl: 95x12, 105x12, 105x 6 negative for 3 sets
    Tricep pushdown: 100x15, 120x15, 140x12, 160x10, 120x25