Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder NextProtege's Avatar
    NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Some more pics of me posing with the monster

US Marine 0311 Combat Vet
    Owner - Genuine Fitness LLC
    ACSM/ISSA Personal Trainer
    Competitive Natural Bodybuilder

Follow my log to a natural pro card in 2014
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158337103

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Holding your own mate, looking really crisp!

NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by domingochavez View Post
    Holding your own mate, looking really crisp!
    Hope it's crisp enough for these shows. Was good practice trying to hang with someone who currently weighs within super heavy lbs, I feel more confident against bigger guys this time.

4/1/2014
    11 days out
    11 days
    Morning Weight: 182.0
    Macros: 240p/255c/30f
    Workout: Foam Roller x 20min, Upper Power Pull
    Pullups, wide overhand: 5 sets x 10
    DB Row: 75x12each, 100x12each, 120x12each, 120x12each, 120x12each, (Volume PR)
    Neutral Grip Cable Row: 125x15, 150x12, 175x10, 175x10
    Underhand Barbell Shrug/Row Hybrid: 205x15, 4 sets
    Wide Grip Preacher Curl: 85x10, 85x8, 85x6, 85 x 4
    Weighted Back Extensions: 25lbs x 20, 2 sets

Volume PR today, don't know where that came from. 11 days out.

4/2/14
    Morning Weight 181.8
    10 days out
    Macros: 230p/245c/30f
    Workout: Incline 100 meter dashes in the sun, 30min bike ride, tanning x 15 min (New PR), Routine practice x 20min

Another photo from the shoot:

Just a really really hungry style day.

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Rambo is that you?!?

What is your strategy to get through the hunger at these levels of leanness?

Rambo is that you?!?

What is your strategy to get through the hunger at these levels of leanness?
    I'm trying everything and I'll have to admit, it's probably pretty close to a heroine addict without their heroine. All I think about is food. Sleep is upset because of hunger. Energy fluctuates hard. I compare it to boot camp now, that last 4 weeks of usmc boot is terrible but you know if you just keep one foot in front of the other you'll make it. Also, there is no other choice but to move forward. I know I'll look back at this mind set in a couple weeks and laugh, but for now it is like every day spans a week, every meal to meal is a day. Can be pretty horrible.

I also dropped all sugar free gum and false sugars, any diet drinks, or supplemts that are flavored, dairy and whey are also missing from the diet. Not leaving anything on the table here.
    Last edited by NextProtege; 04-03-2014 at 08:08 AM.

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NextProtege View Post
    I'm trying everything and I'll have to admit, it's probably pretty close to a heroine addict without their heroine. All I think about is food. Sleep is upset because of hunger. Energy fluctuates hard. I compare it to boot camp now, that last 4 weeks of usmc boot is terrible but you know if you just keep one foot in front of the other you'll make it. Also, there is no other choice but to move forward. I know I'll look back at this mind set in a couple weeks and laugh, but for now it is like every day spans a week, every meal to meal is a day. Can be pretty horrible.
    You got this Marine!
    Spoken like a true Marine!

BTW: thanks again for your service!
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm trying everything and I'll have to admit, it's probably pretty close to a heroine addict without their heroine. All I think about is food. Sleep is upset because of hunger. Energy fluctuates hard. I compare it to boot camp now, that last 4 weeks of usmc boot is terrible but you know if you just keep one foot in front of the other you'll make it. Also, there is no other choice but to move forward. I know I'll look back at this mind set in a couple weeks and laugh, but for now it is like every day spans a week, every meal to meal is a day. Can be pretty horrible
    How much do you think you have left to lose? What do you think you deficit at is at this point? Do you think you are looking carb depleted? are you going to carb load into the show? Sorry for all the questions. I am a week behind you and I am at a BF% where I am basically eating near maintenance and weight is holding pretty stable. As a result of the added cals i look fuller but leaner at the same time.
    100% natty 100% raw

Lifts raw @ 198 (gym)
    575 Squat w/wraps
    400 paused bench
    675 deadlift

Instagram - Scottschwartz13
    Bodybuilding Prep Log...http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169114013

Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bookmarked your reply to Domingo for when I get there in a few months!

Keep fighting the good fight!
    Instagram - @gourmetpaul

Powerbuilding Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129013

Offering full contest prep, body transformation, and nutritional coaching. PM for inquiries.

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I also dropped all sugar free gum and false sugars, any diet drinks, or supplemts that are flavored, dairy and whey are also missing from the diet. Not leaving anything on the table here.
    I know these feels bro. Like you said, head down, one foot in front of the other. Almost there!

OVERALL IS A MUST!!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Wow, thanks for the support everyone I had no idea that post would resound with so many.

Originally Posted by soleution View Post
    How much do you think you have left to lose? What do you think you deficit at is at this point? Do you think you are looking carb depleted? are you going to carb load into the show? Sorry for all the questions. I am a week behind you and I am at a BF% where I am basically eating near maintenance and weight is holding pretty stable. As a result of the added cals i look fuller but leaner at the same time.
    That's a lot of questions man and I'll answer them as best I can.

I think I have a lb of fat in my ass still, that lb is covered by my trunks. I still want to see how low body fat I can go. I can see quite a bit of fullness still considering how low my calories are this week. I don't know if my body is adjusting to the lower calories but this is a day to day game right now. I will be carb loading lightly into Vancouver with plenty of sodium to fill out, roughly 300g Thursday/Friday and assessing Saturday how I look. I can be a little more extreme with the following weekend probably ping up to 450-500g per day as cutting will officially be done that last week.

soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soleution has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wow, thanks for the support everyone I had no idea that post would resound with so many.

That's a lot of questions man and I'll answer them as best I can.

I think I have a lb of fat in my ass still, that lb is covered by my trunks. I still want to see how low body fat I can go. I can see quite a bit of fullness still considering how low my calories are this week. I don't know if my body is adjusting to the lower calories but this is a day to day game right now. I will be carb loading lightly into Vancouver with plenty of sodium to fill out, roughly 300g Thursday/Friday and assessing Saturday how I look. I can be a little more extreme with the following weekend probably ping up to 450-500g per day as cutting will officially be done that last week.
    Thanks for the response man! I appreciate you taking the time to answer. respect what you are doing in here.
    100% natty 100% raw

Lifts raw @ 198 (gym)
    575 Squat w/wraps
    400 paused bench
    675 deadlift

Instagram - Scottschwartz13
    Bodybuilding Prep Log...http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169114013

Originally Posted by soleution View Post
    Thanks for the response man! I appreciate you taking the time to answer. respect what you are doing in here.
    For sure man, I appreciate the questions and feedback and I'm excited for your show!

4/3/14
    Morning Weight 181.6
    9 days out, single digit days out...!
    Macros: 240p/260c/30f
    Workout: Glutes/Hams/Calves and Foam Rolling
    Seated Hamstring Curls: 87.5x20, 100x20, 112.5x20
    Sumo Deadlifts: 185x10, 275x10, 365x10, 385x10, 405x7
    Seated Abductor: 3 sets x 30
    Unilateral Ham Curl: 3 sets x 15each
    Lying Ham Curl: 3 sets x 12
    SLDL: 3 sets x 20
    Seated Calve Raises: 125lbs x 25, 3 sets
    Standing Calve Raises: 25lbs x 15 each, 3 sets
    Hanging Leg Raises
    Foam Rolling

Today was eventful, kept my mind off of the diet. Looked at another house, since we are in backup offer still on the first offer, and found something just as good just a couple blocks away. Now I am in first position, pretty exciting. Secondly, the promoter of the show, Tanji Johnson sent me a text today and said I am looking great, which really put a smile on my face because I needed that level of motivation to get through today. Only a week left and I'm driving up to Vancouver

Home stretch buddy!

Are you front loading your carbs or backloading closer to the show? Either way more food shortly!

Home stretch buddy!

Are you front loading your carbs or backloading closer to the show? Either way more food shortly!
    I'm backloading, always works best when I eat the most on Thursday. Going to go about 450 on carbs and assess how I look by Friday night on 350 more before I raise them or stay the same. Excited for that food, so damn excited for that.

4/4/14
    Morning weight 181.8 (Jesus this is annoying but feel like I am much tighter than 181 still)
    Macros: 230p/250c/30f (lowest yet)
    Workout: 20min foam rolling, 60min hard bike ride.

Lots of stuff happening today. Had a couple client cancellations, which made my day go from 7 to five people, and sent one home for being sick. Gave myself some time to hop on the bike and go around the river loop. I made it about 4miles before my bike chain disconnected and edged itself between the frame. Luckily I was next to valley river inn and they were helpful enough to loosen the bolt for me to get going again. Thereafter I finished my ride with 15min to spare before my next client. I had a small window to eat so I made a chicken salad when my phone rang. Our realtor said our offer was accepted on the short sale we looked at this week and we are first in line for this property. Very cool! Finally, got home and set up a movie date out with the girlfriend to see a film she was an extra in with her friend Tina. Also bought her some pants from an online yoga store that turned out just perfect on her. The movie turned out really silly but we spotted her in the background of a big scene at a coffee bar. My girl on the big screen! Hah.

Good to hear some real life stuff is still getting done, balancing all of this nicely man!

Good to hear some real life stuff is still getting done, balancing all of this nicely man!
    Life goes on

4/5/14
    Morning weight: 180.8
    7 days out
    Workout: 20min stepmill, stretching, abs, foam roller
    Macros: 230p/265c/38f/3gal

Next four days are peak week protocol. Power push, hyper pull, hyper lower pull, full upper hyper. Thur and fri off, just light cardio. Woke up today looking better than ever. Excited.

4/6/14
    Morning weight: 181.0
    6 days out
    Macros: 230p/260c/38f/3 gal
    Workout: 20min foam roll, chest hyper, 1hour incline walk, posing x 10 min

Incline bench: 125x15, 155x12, 185x10, 205x6, 205x6, 205x6
    Db flat press&fly: 55x10, 60x10, 70x10,
    75x8
    Freemotion fly: 4 sets x 12
    Body weight dips: 4 sets x 10
    Db incline fly: 3 sets 50x8

I feel ready. Probably won't see the 170s, I've done everything I can to drop weight even at the cost of strength and it still won't budge below 180.8-181. I know I am leaner, posted pics from today's posing (avi) and I see that I am leaner than three weeks ago. I can barely sleep more then 5 hours without waking up due to hunger, all I do is think about food. Looking forward to the higher carbs at the end of this week.

From here on out it's just pump up and easy sailing. Thanks again for following the progress.

What a grind!

Enjoy peak week and show us how it's done on stage!

I've just been looking over your entries for the last month or so, your refeeds lately or lack thereof haven't been that big, what is the reason you've kept them at a minimum as I thought the leaner you were the more you had to refeed to keep things going?

I've just been looking over your entries for the last month or so, your refeeds lately or lack thereof haven't been that big, what is the reason you've kept them at a minimum as I thought the leaner you were the more you had to refeed to keep things going?
    Decided I wanted to push through them, I could have kept then in but I don't think I would have been this lean or had to face the fact in regretting the higher days. Keen eye though man, I've been suffering that's for sure

Decided I wanted to push through them, I could have kept then in but I don't think I would have been this lean or had to face the fact in regretting the higher days. Keen eye though man, I've been suffering that's for sure
    I'm keeping notes for if / when I get this lean! So it's interesting gathering lots of anecdotal evidence of how people push through those plateaus.

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's here!

PEAK WEEK!!!
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

lmnop07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lmnop07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lmnop07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lmnop07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lmnop07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lmnop07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lmnop07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lmnop07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lmnop07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lmnop07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lmnop07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've lurked this thread for quite some time, very motivating and inspiring! good luck with everything and thanks for sharing this!!
    "Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

179.8 new prep low i did it!!!!!

Welcome to the 170s we've been waiting for you.

Congrats!

Whoosh!

0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats man! Nice work

0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    More Pics! por favor

Originally Posted by deltpecx View Post
    Welcome to the 170s we've been waiting for you.

Congrats!
    YAY, finally!

Whoosh!
    Couldn't have been timed more appropriately, stoked.

Originally Posted by 0jay0 View Post
    Congrats man! Nice work
    Thank you! Goal weight was 170's

Originally Posted by 0jay0 View Post
    More Pics! por favor
    I'll post one for now

4/7/14
    Morning weight: 179.8 (prep low and goal weight)
    5 days out
    Macros: 240p/275c/34f
    HIIT incline butte sprints x 10
    Upper power pull & abs
    Lat pull down: 140x20, 160x20, 180x15, 200x15
    Db row: 75x15, 90x15, 100x15
    Cable row: 4 sets x 15
    Rear machine fly: 4 sets x 15
    Hanging leg raises: 3 sets
    Decline crunches: 3 sets

Today was glorious. Slept well for 8 hours, record weigh in finally hitting 170's, and an amazingly sunny and warm spring day. Went to Skinner's Butte to knock out my sprints at 10 am and had quite the euphoric almost religious experience knowing prep is pretty much done. The suffering is over, more calories, less exercise, and finally - the stage, is all that is left.
    Sprints were great, clients were supportive, and after I write this I get to go to bed and eat breakfast . What a great day!
    Last edited by NextProtege; 04-07-2014 at 10:56 PM.