MrSher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skinny Fat - Staying Motivated

Hey everyone,

I got gynecomastia at a young age and thus left any physical activity I did, limited myself to TV/Computer for years (from age 10 to 18). At 18 I was obese at 5f9 (175 cm) and 88 kgs.
    My gynecomastia was not pseudo (not only fat) but tissue + fat, so I underwent a surgery to remove the tissue. The doctor messed up and removed tissue (not sure if he did it fully as I still feel small lumps in both sides) and did liposuction at only 1 side, which left me with a uneven, assymetrical chest.

I started a (personally modified version of) intermittent fasting in January 2013 and saw quick results. I also joined a gym and went for 2-3 months but stopped due to exams. I hit the gym again seriously in July 2013 and I'm going to this date (5 months). I go three times a week.

I had come down to 75 kg in June and by July-Aug I was down at 70. I stopped losing any weight after that, its been 3 months now. So I'm thinking to start bulking now, because I dont have much muscle to 'cut' down to.

Even at 70 my body doesn't look any good at all, its very disgusting especially the half moobs that are still there despite almost a year of work + the assymetrical chest. I feel so down because despite the work I still havent even a decent body let alone a good huge ripped.

1. Shall I bulk or cut?

2. Anything for my assymetrical chest? It isnt genetics, the doc did lipo at only one side (lump sizes were diff on both sides so at one side he felt to lipo ==> resulting in assym chest).

My workout:

CHEST/TRICEPS

incl bb bench press, flat bb bench press, chest machine,
    close grip bench press, tricep push down, (skullcrushers before)

BACK/BICEPS

pullups, lat pull down, (sometimes bent over bb rows)
    standing bb curl, hammer curls and dumbell preacher curls

LEGS/DELTS

squats/leg press
    overhead press, dumbell overhead press

Don't have pics from when I was 88 but took pics after 79 kg mark. My back shows improvement but my chest still hangs and don't know, its a way to slow progress and i'm really stalled since 3-4 months, what shall I do, bulk or not? Any changes to my programme? Oh yes, I don't do any cardio.

BTW My strength did go up, from 0 to 8 pullups for example.

IMG_04051 is my pic of today (without mirror)
    Attached Images

Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bulk broseph. Bulk with only strength and size in mind, fuk the little sh!t like abs and crap untill you have nothing better to do.
    *Check arms in every reflective surface Crew*

What about my assym chest? Is the programme good enough?

When I bulk, how much shall I look to put up in a month (2 kg? 4 kg?) and cutting after how long?

SamWatson87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamWatson87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamWatson87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamWatson87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamWatson87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamWatson87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamWatson87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamWatson87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamWatson87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamWatson87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamWatson87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MrSher View Post

When I bulk, how much shall I look to put up in a month (2 kg? 4 kg?) and cutting after how long?
    Look into a beginners program (check the stickies in the workout forum) such as allpros or starting strength. Don't worry too much about the moobs at this point, they may resolve with proper training. I wouldn't try to go over 2kg/4lb a month as far as growth. good luck

Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

i dont think you were obese at 88Kg, I was tho at 120Kg at age 17,

you gotta Hit your Sh!t twice a week if you can. Are you doing your routine twice a week, i would think about it.
    bulk steady, 1Kg a month is good maybe 2kg for the first month if your just coming of a cut.
    Nice to talk in Kg instead of fukin lbs all the time

Originally Posted by SamWatson87 View Post
    Look into a beginners program (check the stickies in the workout forum) such as allpros or starting strength. Don't worry too much about the moobs at this point, they may resolve with proper training. I wouldn't try to go over 2kg/4lb a month as far as growth. good luck
    Alright, 2kg a month i'll do that. No split for me then? Ive been training for more than 4 months though?

Originally Posted by Jonny2012 View Post
    i dont think you were obese at 88Kg, I was tho at 120Kg at age 17,

you gotta Hit your Sh!t twice a week if you can. Are you doing your routine twice a week, i would think about it.
    I did not get it? Workout six times a week?
    And bro I am not as tall as you, I'm 5f9 and you're 6f. Besides I got pretty small arms and I looked really fat at 88 (you can see that pic of 79 kg)
    and haha yeah I'm from Europe we use kgs here And you have done a good job losing all that weight, congrats!

I did not get it? Workout six times a week?
    I'm 5f9 and you're 6f. Besides
    yeah six times a week, if its to much, do one upper body day and one lower body day, then your three day split. Kinda like PHAT, not really for someone just starting out, but so long as you eat enough dosnt matter.

5f9 vs 6f is only an inch difference, inch is only important when talking about penor size

Originally Posted by Jonny2012 View Post
    yeah six times a week, if its to much, do one upper body day and one lower body day, then your three day split. Kinda like PHAT, not really for someone just starting out, but so long as you eat enough dosnt matter.

5f9 vs 6f is only an inch difference, inch is only important when talking about penor size
    I am studying engineering so even 3-4 days is hard for me, let alone 6 days. And 6 days is too much isnt it? 5f9 and 6ft is 3 inch difference (7.5 cm).

Any good foods beside eggs, cottage cheese, peanut butter, chicken breast, tuna to eat? or good recipes i cud cook and eat all day long because i donth ave much time.

Sorry for all questions

KemboColombo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am studying engineering so even 3-4 days is hard for me, let alone 6 days. And 6 days is too much isnt it? 5f9 and 6ft is 3 inch difference (7.5 cm).

Any good foods beside eggs, cottage cheese, peanut butter, chicken breast, tuna to eat? or good recipes i cud cook and eat all day long because i donth ave much time.

Sorry for all questions
    I love trumoo chocolate milk and it's healthy as far as I know.

Choco milk, thanks. Anything else to get quick good calories with lots of protein?

And does anyone else feel my training frequency is too small? 3 times/week isn't enough?

Choco milk, thanks. Anything else to get quick good calories with lots of protein?

And does anyone else feel my training frequency is too small? 3 times/week isn't enough?
    If you carnt do so many days do what you can, its better than nothing, but if your only hitting your muscles once a week with this 3 day split you gonna want LOTS of volume. That means a good few exercises for each muscle, while keeping the reps between 6-8 on big lifts and 8- 10 on isolations.

If you carnt fit in enough cooked meals, look at making your own weight gainer shake. which is basicaly all the foods youv said but in the blender untill you can drink it.

Any link to some good shake recipes?
    I only do banana + milk atm

And when u said upper body for one day in previous post, what did you mean? Chest tris bis delts and back? How many exerc and sets then? What about pushups every morning above my workouts?

Any link to some good shake recipes?
    I only do banana + milk atm

And when u said upper body for one day in previous post, what did you mean? Chest tris bis delts and back? How many exerc and sets then? What about pushups every morning above my workouts?
    You can search for how to make shakes in the nutrtion section mostly.

My upper body power day is
    Bench 3 sets of 4-5 reps
    Weighted Dips 4 of 10-12
    Bent over rows 3 of 4-5
    Weighted pullups 4 of 10-12
    Biceps 4 sets of something
    Triceps 4 sets of something

I currently do sets of 50 pushups in 1 min followed by 2 sets till falliure. I do this because i am joining the Army Parachute regiment, the fitest and most extensivly trained light infantry force in the world. I would do your pushups after your workout near the end of the day.