Resident in the Skynet lowroller21212's Avatar
    lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Arrow Betancourt Nutrition: The Beef Standard "Prime Cinnamon Swirl" Review

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/be...-standard.html

Profile A-

Today Ill be reviewing the "Beef Standard" from Betancourt courtesty of tatteredsaint. Key facts: 110 cals, 24 g protein (beefISO hydrolyzed beef protein isolate blend). Very lean protein, which Betancourt says it is from a USDA inspected facility and does not contain low bioavailable gelatine, instead has "Bovine Serum Albumin Concentrate protein rich in peptides & growth factors". Full facts sheet can be found at the store link above.

Flavor A-

When I opened it up it emitted no aroma resembling a protein, to me more of a corrugated material like cardboard. Once it came in contact with milk it came to life though. Always go with 8oz skim milk, flavor was on point but off the mark with the name, tasted like caramelized cookie wafers or the underside of a flan so it had a semi-burnt flavor to it-it really does not taste much like cinnamon though. And it was not chalky, the small clumps had a salty but very flavorful element.

Mix C-

As it is the case, and expected with most proteins containing creatine they form small clusters when shaking. Definitely a runny mixture and is not thick only required swirling. That said, it's not a bad thing, brings out the flavor when you drink the clusters and not like it impacts the flavor in a bad way as it is highly, highly bold as well.

Overall B+

Although beef proteins have mixed reviews this is a very solid flavor plus you get the benefits of a higher bioavailable protein source with no cholesterol or fat, which is one reason people opt for a beef protein as well. People contend creatine is not needed, I feel beef proteins contain it to mimic beef's protein content, whatever it is it hurts mixability and if you meet daily creatine needs you do not need it in your protein added in. Overall though, this is not a shabby protein. Also worth of note, best Betancourt flavor they have that I've tried - different product different flavor for sure, so if you have second thoughts about that I can assure you it's a tasty protein flavor for sure, by good mile and a half.

Once again thanks Betancourt Nut. rep tatteredsaint, Betancourt for letting me give some honest feedback on the Beef Standard.
    Gabber Crew since 2005

The path of the Warrior is lifelong, and mastery is often simply staying on the path. - Richard S. Heckler

If you wanna make an omelette you gotta break some eggs - Tyler Durden

#FEECTING