Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dannyautrey View Post
    Was pretty fkn cool. His hands are huge. Felt like he could have crushed mine, and mine aren't small.
    I imagine so lol..I've seen recent footage of him in his mid 60s now and he's still pulling trucks, rolling up frying pans, etc. He is a really good embodment of just being strong.
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthStrongSC

Main Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155303583

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bumpin this thread with a new clip, it's just from the end of a video posted on the last page.

some pretty cool info in here, Kaz talking about his benching technique, his training and just talking about of bit of random stuff as well.

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WorldDomnit View Post

Like Ed Coan could squat a little over 1000. Dan Green, who has the raw squat record of 850lbs. The difference is about 170lbs. No offense to Ed or anything, but I doubt he could do 850 without the suit.
    I wouldn't be doubting Ed Coan could do 850 without a suit. He has stated that 1. he got very little out of a suit 2. hes done an easy 950x2 in a suit with straps down 3. hes stated he can squat 700 AFTER getting hip replacement at 49 years old, well after his prime and lastly, hes stated hes done over 800 for reps prepping for a meet in just a belt. I wouldn't doubt Ed could've hit 850 without a suit.
    Crom Laughs....

So, how long are you gonna keep powerlifting?

- Until they drain my blood out and fill me with embalming fluid I'm gonna do this....

Captain Kirk Karwoski

Originally Posted by Mike.Moore View Post
    I wouldn't be doubting Ed Coan could do 850 without a suit. He has stated that 1. he got very little out of a suit 2. hes done an easy 950x2 in a suit with straps down 3. hes stated he can squat 700 AFTER getting hip replacement at 49 years old, well after his prime and lastly, hes stated hes done over 800 for reps prepping for a meet in just a belt. I wouldn't doubt Ed could've hit 850 without a suit.
    I believe he also claims he hit 900x2 raw w/wraps. Same with his DL, he said he pulled 900x2 in the gym. His strength was and is pretty unbelievable

Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NorthStrong View Post
    I believe he also claims he hit 900x2 raw w/wraps. Same with his DL, he said he pulled 900x2 in the gym. His strength was and is pretty unbelievable
    I would believe anything Ed Coan claims. He has no reason to lie about his numbers. He is the greatest of all time and when he competed none could touch him, so no reason to make up numbers.
    Crom Laughs....

So, how long are you gonna keep powerlifting?

- Until they drain my blood out and fill me with embalming fluid I'm gonna do this....

Captain Kirk Karwoski

runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mike.Moore View Post
    I would believe anything Ed Coan claims. He has no reason to lie about his numbers. He is the greatest of all time and when he competed none could touch him, so no reason to make up numbers.
    Precisely! Nobody then nor now under the same conditions could come close. He out totaled Kaz ffs!

Originally Posted by runtocatch View Post
    Precisely! Nobody then nor now under the same conditions could come close. He out totaled Kaz ffs!
    Yep, seems like a guy who wouldn't lie, he's got nothing to gain since he's already the best ever lol.

Just watching and reading a bunch of old Kaz stuff, and figured that these articles should be posted in here. They're actually pretty useful as well as good "historical" reads.

http://ditillo2.blogspot.ca/2014/04/...-kazmaier.html

http://ditillo2.blogspot.ca/2009/11/...on-smoker.html

this is a badass picture and should be here

runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That picture is great.

wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WorldDomnit View Post
    This^
    I also think he wore a bench shirt. There wasn't raw lifting back then. You wore a suit to hold your **** together, then benched in a denim shirt that adds like 40lbs and then you deadlifted in a singlet.
    My coach was a big lifter back in the Kazmeir days and back in the peak of Ed Coan.

I wore the same suit Kaz is wearing and its very supportive, if someone says suits then aren't like today has never seen one. A super centurion is much much more advanced but the squat suites added like 125lbs.

Like Ed Coan could squat a little over 1000. Dan Green, who has the raw squat record of 850lbs. The difference is about 170lbs. No offense to Ed or anything, but I doubt he could do 850 without the suit.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I was just trying to prove that the squat suits back in the day DID do something.
    I lifted back in those days. Those suits were crap. In '82 Titan came out with a much-improved material and that still only gave me 20lbs on the squat. The bench shirts came out in '84 and Kaz was done by then. My first-generation Inzer only gave me 20lbs on the bench. I never saw anyone use a denim shirt for bench. I can't see the USPF allowing the use of one back then. They wouldn't even allow a cotton t-shirt if it had a pocket on it.

That picture is great.
    It is - currently my laptop background lol. So jact.

Originally Posted by wallydubois View Post
    I lifted back in those days. Those suits were crap. In '82 Titan came out with a much-improved material and that still only gave me 20lbs on the squat. The bench shirts came out in '84 and Kaz was done by then. My first-generation Inzer only gave me 20lbs on the bench. I never saw anyone use a denim shirt for bench. I can't see the USPF allowing the use of one back then. They wouldn't even allow a cotton t-shirt if it had a pocket on it.
    Interesting - thanks for the input!

Originally Posted by wallydubois View Post
    I never saw anyone use a denim shirt for bench. I can't see the USPF allowing the use of one back then. They wouldn't even allow a cotton t-shirt if it had a pocket on it.
    We all used denim shirts back in the early 90s but that was after Kaz and it was APF not USPF. We were such cheaters. HAHA! I was so clueless I had no idea what the hell was going on behind the scenes. Snot nosed punk ass kid just doing what he was told. I wouldn't trade it for the world though. What a great experience!

Oh ya and I should add that my shirt blew out prolly ever other time I used. It was a pretty common occurrence back then. No clue how somebody didn't die. But it was for "safety" ya know. HAHA!

We all used denim shirts back in the early 90s but that was after Kaz and it was APF not USPF. We were such cheaters. HAHA! I was so clueless I had no idea what the hell was going on behind the scenes. Snot nosed punk ass kid just doing what he was told. I wouldn't trade it for the world though. What a great experience!

Oh ya and I should add that my shirt blew out prolly ever other time I used. It was a pretty common occurrence back then. No clue how somebody didn't die. But it was for "safety" ya know. HAHA!
    LOL. Classic.

wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Once the APF came around in the mid-80's it became an all-out, gear arms race and powerlifting changed dramatically. It was so nice when there was just one organization. The National Championships, for the fan, was a thing to look forward to and an event to behold -- all of the best lifters in the country competing head-to-head.

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by NorthStrong View Post

Apparently that guy had been annoying Bill for some time, and then Bill just calls him out in person LOL.
    He (the other guy in the video) was doing staged strength demonstrations and was billing himself as the World's Strongest Man. That's why Kaz went off on him and his harpy wife.

As a side note, the other guy (Dave Gauder) now is an advocate for anti-bullying. Probably because Kaz bullied the hell out of him. http://news.***.co.uk/2/hi/talking_p...um/1066016.stm (replace the *** with the name Bravo Bravo Charlie for the article)
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

That's pretty funny / good for him. I never got a braggadocious type impression from Bill but if you are the best and someone else is claiming to be I can certainly see where the frustration would come from. Although lots of people likely did get the arrogant impression from Kaz, I never saw it, from what i've seen.

Some more cool pics.

I need a kilt.

whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000) whitessp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Gotta sub to this one so I can read the articles later lol
    Best lifts in Compeition 560/350/650 and a 1560 total @ 290lbs
    2017 Goals are a 1100+ Push/Pull total with 400+/700+ @242/275

http://instagram.com/taterbootz

Originally Posted by whitessp View Post
    Gotta sub to this one so I can read the articles later lol
    Good idea - the articles are way better quality than I expected.

Also, here's a training template that is floating around the internet that Kaz was said to have done - and would cycle down to 8s, 5s, 3s, 2s prior to a meet.

Bill Kazmaier Routine.

Monday
    Bench (heavy) warm up, then 4 sets x 10 reps
    Wide Grip Bench 3 sets x 10 reps
    Narrow Grip Bench 3 sets x 10 reps
    Front Delt Raise 4 sets x 8 reps
    Dumbell Seated Press 4 sets x 10 reps
    Side Delt Raise 4 sets x 10 reps
    Lying Tricep Push (after 2 warm up sets) 6 sets x 10 reps
    Tricep Push Down 4 sets x 10 reps

Tuesday
    Squat (heavy) warm up, then 4 sets x 10 reps
    Deadlift (light) warm up, then 3 sets x 10 reps
    Shrugs 2 sets x 15-40 reps, 1 set x 10-20 reps
    Seated Hammer Curls 4 sets x 12 reps
    Standing Curl 4 sets x 10 reps
    Close Grip Chin Ups 3 sets x max on each set
    Seated Row 4 sets x 10 reps
    Leg Extensions 3 sets x 10 reps
    Leg Curl 3 sets x 10 reps
    Calf Raise 3 sets x 15-25 reps

Thursday
    Bench (light) warm up, then 3 sets x 10 reps
    Wide Grip Bench 3 sets x 10 reps
    Narrow Grip Bench 3 sets x 10 reps
    Dumbell Seated Press (heavy) warm up, then 4 sets x 8 reps
    Front Delt Raise 4 sets x 10 reps
    Tennis Backhand Cable Extensions 4 sets x 10 reps
    Prone Tricep Extension 4 sets x 10 reps

Saturday
    Deadlift (heavy) warm up, then 4 sets x 8 reps
    Squat (light) warm up, then 4 sets x10 reps
    Shrugs (heavy) 4 sets x 10-15 reps
    Seated Hammer Curl 4 sets x 8 reps
    Concentration Curl 4 sets x 12 reps
    One Arm Row – 3 positions 3 sets x 10 reps
    Wide Grip Pull (down to chest) 4 sets x 10 reps
    Leg Extensions 3 sets x 10 reps
    Leg Curl 3 sets x 10 reps
    Calf Raise 3 sets x 15-25 reps
    (Ab Work When Possible)

I figure a few compilation videos would go well in here. I like part two of this a lot.

There are a ton of these type of videos out there but these are the better ones imo.

EDIT: in part two of the "tribute" vid, the DBs that kaz pressed about 40 times are 100lbs each hand. Ridiculous.
    Last edited by NorthStrong; 10-17-2014 at 10:07 AM.

http://www.spreaker.com/user/5663228...train-mentally

Some recent Kaz! Calls into the podcast around the 8 minute mark.

scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Has anybody every asked Bill Kaz about the very entertaining Dave gauder youtube clip?

I know the rough background of this guy being a fake and performing bogus strength feats etc

But would be very interested on his own take?

ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Even though his birthday isn't until the end of the month, some friends threw a Kazmaier birthday party last night, it was a meat extravaganza, ribs, sausages, wings, steaks, a wide assortment of cheeses and dips and bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers.

It was glorious.
    It'd be like staying fat while running marathons because it's more impressive to finish a marathon when you're overweight. It might be impressive in the short run, but in the long run it just doesn't make any sense. ~breathinglife

Raw competition lifts ....................Equipped
    Squat 661
    Bench 490...........................................666.9
    Dead 585

Originally Posted by ShortDave View Post
    Even though his birthday isn't until the end of the month, some friends threw a Kazmaier birthday party last night, it was a meat extravaganza, ribs, sausages, wings, steaks, a wide assortment of cheeses and dips and bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers.

It was glorious.
    That does sound glorious.

ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That does sound glorious.
    I suggested that next year we start with an appetizer of goldfish, to really make it a tribute to Kaz
    It'd be like staying fat while running marathons because it's more impressive to finish a marathon when you're overweight. It might be impressive in the short run, but in the long run it just doesn't make any sense. ~breathinglife

Raw competition lifts ....................Equipped
    Squat 661
    Bench 490...........................................666.9
    Dead 585

Originally Posted by ShortDave View Post
    I suggested that next year we start with an appetizer of goldfish, to really make it a tribute to Kaz
    buying plane ticket out west..

clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I got the opportunity to meet Kaz at the first strongman competition I was doing as he was the guest MC. Then I got to drive him to the airport and pick his brain. Awesome guy. Signed my belt weightlifting belt with his phone number and we got the opportunity to discuss training for a few hours.

Originally Posted by clorox_me View Post
    I got the opportunity to meet Kaz at the first strongman competition I was doing as he was the guest MC. Then I got to drive him to the airport and pick his brain. Awesome guy. Signed my belt weightlifting belt with his phone number and we got the opportunity to discuss training for a few hours.
    that sounds like an awesome time man, definitely jealous.