Registered User IripOffYourFace's Avatar
    IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100)

Is there more to motivation then just simply getting up and doing it?

The motto for nike is just do it.

It means just simply go out there and do it. Don't make excuses for yourself and it sounds good but is there really more to it?

Why are there so many unmotivated ppl out there? Why does it seem like only a small percentage of ppl have the motivation and drive and so many don't?

Come to think of it motivation sounds like hard work and it probably is. Why does it seem so difficult for some ppl to work hard? This is the question i want to know why.

I rarely come into this forum so i don't know if there are discussions on this looks like this place is mostly articles or videos on how to motivate oneself but there should be a deeper look at why is it so difficult for the majority of ppl to work hard.

chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    People don't have discipline. It's that simple.

riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is not as simple as just doing it. You have to put in 110%! i know from personal experience how I would, in the past, not feel like working out but I would make myself go anyway. But I wasnt really into the workout or fully motivated. I thought I was "motivated" at the time for going anyway, but in retrospect, I was going in but not really accomplishing anything. I would not make new maxes, push myself, or most importantly enjoy my workout.

Being motivated is not as simple as just setting your mind that way. The human mind and logic is overpowered by immediate wants. Long term progress often takes a back seat to short term gratification. A big problem is the fact that to truly change (your body composition, for example) takes a LONG time. People are quote unquote motivated for a month or so and do good, but dont see much results in that period of time and give up.

Eventually, if you're lucky (and determined), you reach a breakpoint in your journey where you are extremely satisfied with your progress so far, and your results serve to fuel your motivation. You realize that all your hard work IS paying off and you can achieve your long term goals. That piece of cake that doesnt fit in your days macros is not as important as it used to be to you in the past. You will have the undeniable need to get to the gym every time and get a kickass workout. You will be focusing on your goals 24/7. There wont be days you dont feel like working out, you will never want to miss a chance to get in the gym. You will relictantly take rest days as a necessary part of building muscle. This is how I have started to see it at least.

On a more fundamental level, I do believe schooling and society in general encourages mediocrity and being "comfortable" with the status quo. Go to college, get a job, work 9-5, follow schedules and routines, dont challenge conventional ideas, etc. Perhaps someone grows up being a weakling, nerd, like I was. Even when they leave school and move on with their life to career or other goals, they still have that legacy. They think to themselves "I am a nerd and always will be. Im not a cool, outgoing individual." They see it like something you are born with. Some people are just lucky and are athletic, attractive, outgoing, talented, etc! They will never be like that. I can tell you first hand that is not true. But society can make people feel that way.
    Last edited by riffdex; 11-14-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    Disregard Cardio, Acquire Muscle

ceeco is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceeco is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceeco is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceeco is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceeco is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceeco is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceeco is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceeco is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceeco is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceeco is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceeco is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I hate humans and the idea of them being better than me.

not sure for self if srs. lost ability to tell if srs
    modest gains everyday of my life
    - intellectually and physically -

Registered User TiberiusClaudis's Avatar
    TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The number one reason why people quit is they don't see results.

In this day and age of instant gratification, 24-7 news, pill popping society...what can you expect when one has to not only exercise often, but also eat correctly?
    And when Caesar reached the Oceanside, he wept. As there were no more worlds to conquer.

I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

Registered User IripOffYourFace's Avatar
    IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by TiberiusClaudis View Post
    The number one reason why people quit is they don't see results.

In this day and age of instant gratification, 24-7 news, pill popping society...what can you expect when one has to not only exercise often, but also eat correctly?
    It's not just about building the body. It's also about one's personal life. You know getting good grades, having a good job and being promoted or building a business and so on. It's like it really is so difficult for some people.

TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    People think time is unlimited.