Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    i would hold at these weights, but at the same time i agree with tiger stealth. you can add in a little controlled cheating on those last couple of sets to get a few extra reps but it shouldnt be too much cheating. for example, i use this a lot on my curls. on my last two sets i'll get my normal 6-8 reps, then i'll swing a bit to get the weight up and really squeeze the bi's for 2-3 more reps. form in my opinion is always going to be more important than weight.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cbrown386 View Post
    Unless a lifetime of pain sounds good to you, choose form 10 times out of 10.
    Once you've got experience under the belt, sacrificing a little from to progress (particularly when progression isn't as rapid anymore) is fine. But, that ability to know what degree of leeway is appropriate comes with experience.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Soundengineer1 View Post
    Hi,
    I've only been lifting for 3 months so need some advice.
    I started out on the Stronglifts 5x5, and now have my bench and squats to a level I am happy with for now (bench 175lb and squat 225lb for 5 x 5 reps- I am 5'9 and 172lb)
    I've started hitting failure so I've switched to 5x3, and I'm reading Starting Strength.
    Often on the last rep or two of the last set I am almost stalling, I can complete it but my form starts to go.
    My question is - should I keep adding weight to the bar or should I hold at these weights for a few weeks and really practice my form, before adding more weight?

All advice graciously and gratefully received.
    If your form goes that means the muscles you're trying to recruit are not doing the job, so what's the point mate?

Not to mention, injuries injuries and lots of injuries.