Jordh7190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hammer strength chest press vs dumbbell press

Pretty self explanatory, but I was wondering if hammer strength chest press (flat) would be a better alternative than dumbbell presses as I have a visual impairment in my right eye and can't seem to get an equal balance in my chest and as a result my left pec has became bigger than my right pec which has become flat and less noticeable, so would hammers put on the same amount of mass as dumbbells?

Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jordh7190 View Post
    Pretty self explanatory, but I was wondering if hammer strength chest press (flat) would be a better alternative than dumbbell presses as I have a visual impairment in my right eye and can't seem to get an equal balance in my chest and as a result my left pec has became bigger than my right pec which has become flat and less noticeable, so would hammers put on the same amount of mass as dumbbells?
    Opinions differ wildly on the use of machines vs. Weights, my personal opinion is that it's just as good. The obvious difference is on a machine your stabilising muscles won't be used which WILL make a difference if you plan on using a bar or DB. Theoretically you should be able to perform most exercises blindfolded, stick to the Hammer strength machine for a while and do some Fly's with the same weight for both sides, eventually it will even your chest out.

Get yourself a spotter, or ask someone in the gym to watch your form on the DB Press, use really low weight until you can do it each and every time with perfect form.

Good luck

CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any machine will never be as effective as free weights. I dont see why you cant work pecs evenly with a bad right eye. You should he able to do the movement without relying on a mirror or your vision, it should feel natural. You can use the hammer strength but don't expect the same results.

Feast to be Beast LiftHardEatHard's Avatar
    LiftHardEatHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftHardEatHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftHardEatHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftHardEatHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftHardEatHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftHardEatHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftHardEatHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftHardEatHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftHardEatHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftHardEatHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftHardEatHard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hammer strength uses less stabalizer muscles so heavier weight feels easier. I use Barbell bench, dumbbell bench, and hammer strength, usually using the hammer strength at the end for a good burn

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    it's very easy, if you feel more comfortable doing the hammer strength press, then by all means do it big man. they're both great exercises and both hit the chest very well. i personally do them both in the same workout, but like i said, if you feel safer just doing the hammer strength, then i would just add a few more sets to that exercise, so if you normally do 3 sets, do 5. my 2 cents
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

Jordh7190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Think I'll continue using dumbbells but do hammers at the end of my work out to try even things out a little bit, I feel I get a better pump from dumbbells but thought i'd ry something different to even everything out 👍

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if i were you id use the hammer, better safe than sorry.

"Defined By Performance" Kizewic's Avatar
    Kizewic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kizewic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kizewic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kizewic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kizewic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kizewic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kizewic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kizewic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kizewic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kizewic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kizewic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Like everyone else has said you should be able to do it regardless of sight. Hammer strength will get the job done but won't hit he other muscles your dumbbell press would hit nearly as well.

okc35 is not very well liked. (-100) okc35 is not very well liked. (-100) okc35 is not very well liked. (-100) okc35 is not very well liked. (-100) okc35 is not very well liked. (-100) okc35 is not very well liked. (-100) okc35 is not very well liked. (-100) okc35 is not very well liked. (-100) okc35 is not very well liked. (-100) okc35 is not very well liked. (-100) okc35 is not very well liked. (-100)
    i like the flat bench press best