trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Dumbbell rows & pull ups.

Is it ok to perform dumbbell rows after pull ups? I work in the 8 rep range with 3 sets 3 days a week. Will it be normal to feel my shoulders aching a bit since I started dumbbell rows after pull ups.

Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes it sure is! I usually super set DB rows with Close-Grip Pull ups. 3 back days in a week though can get somewhat strenuous and might not allow sufficient muscle recovery time. What part of your shoulder aches?
    Those who try are just planning to fail..

trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trytogetbetter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Six8cal View Post
    Yes it sure is! I usually super set DB rows with Close-Grip Pull ups. 3 back days in a week though can get somewhat strenuous and might not allow sufficient muscle recovery time. What part of your shoulder aches?
    The back of my shoulder.

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    there is no problem with doing db rows after pull-ups but i'm not sure why your shoulders are aching though. i do heavy rows as well, around 125-130lbs for 6-8 reps for 4-5 sets and i've never experienced any shoulder pain. you might be going way too heavy and jerking the weight up with your shoulders. pull back with your elbows and squeeze those lats.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Six8cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    +1 with Miami. Really focus on form and a good lat squeeze. Might not hurt to stretch that shoulder good once you get it warmed up!
    Those who try are just planning to fail..

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can super set those 2 movements for a helluva burn.

Originally Posted by miamibodybuilder View Post
    there is no problem with doing db rows after pull-ups but i'm not sure why your shoulders are aching though. i do heavy rows as well, around 125-130lbs for 6-8 reps for 4-5 sets and i've never experienced any shoulder pain. you might be going way too heavy and jerking the weight up with your shoulders. pull back with your elbows and squeeze those lats.
    I'm now keeping the dumbbell closer to my body and no shoulder pain.