treadstone143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy I am stuck at 13-14% body fat....PLEASE SUGGEST modifications to my routine and diet.

Hey guys,
    As the title says, I am kind of stuck or confused since my body fat% is in low teens and I feel like I am not making any progress. So I want to ask you guys tips and suggestions.
    Let me give you my details. I started focusing on getting in shape and reducing body fat in July (8th to be specific). My starting weight was 172 lb and around 20% body fat. After 2-3 weeks of ups and downs, I finally stabilized my low carb and high protein diet. So right now, after 4 months of exercise and controlled diet, I am at 153 lb and around 13-14% body fat (attached pics of before and after).

I exercise 5-6 days a week. 7 days of weight training and cardio involves:
    day1: badminton - 2 hours and abs
    day2: shoulder and triceps
    day3: badminton - 2 hours and abs
    day4: rest
    day5: badminton - 2 hours and abs
    day6: Chest and biceps
    day7: rest

My diet includes:
    breakfast:
    4 egg whites and 1 egg yolk
    1 cup of 2% milk
    1 wheat bread
    Lunch:
    grilled chicken
    2 cups of veggies
    low fat hummus
    cottage cheese
    Snack:
    shake of whey protein isolate (1 scoop), 1 cup oats, 1 banana and half cup 2% milk
    4 almonds, 8 walnuts and 4 cashews

Dinner:
    Tuna - one small tin
    veggies
    2 cup lentil soup

Post-workout:
    1 scoop Whey Isolate in water

Do I need to make any modifications to my diet? Also, please tell me if I need to change my exercise routine. My plan was to get visible abs by the end of 2013 which I think looks really hard from my recent progress.

THANKS in advance for the tips.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by treadstone143; 11-12-2013 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Could not attach pictures in the thread

buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why do you not work legs or back?

What are your macros? If your calories have remained constant and you aren't losing weight, you need to either lower calories or do more cardio.

Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000)
    No legs day.
    Bro split.
    Bro diet.
    You think the types of food you eat affect weight loss.

spacedooog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, you know what you have to do, brah. Burn more than you take in.

RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you are not losing weight you are not creating a caloric deficit.

The deficit comes from either burning more calories through exercise, consuming less calories or a combination of the two.

And you are going seriously low carb by the looks of it. I'm gonna guess your gym performance is suboptimal.

Also, how long have you been on a caloric deficit? You don't want to be dieting for ever.
    Tired of boring cardio? Want to add a challenge to your workouts?
    New book available on the Amazon store
    "Cardio Revolution: 54 Fat Loss Finishers - Pack of Cards Workout"

www.revolutionlifestyles.com

Online fitness, nutrition and lifestyle coaching.

Personal training - Wimbledon, SW19.

Fat Loss | Strength Training

alpha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alpha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alpha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alpha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alpha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alpha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alpha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alpha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alpha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alpha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alpha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RevolutionFF View Post
    If you are not losing weight you are not creating a caloric deficit.

The deficit comes from either burning more calories through exercise, consuming less calories or a combination of the two.

And you are going seriously low carb by the looks of it. I'm gonna guess your gym performance is suboptimal.

Also, how long have you been on a caloric deficit? You don't want to be dieting for ever.
    wheat bread, 1 cup oats, banana, 2 cups lentil soup, hummus....not too low on carbs really.

OP train other body parts. more muscle mass = better metabolism. Count calories.....or start with carbs on the higher end and remove 200 cals worth of carbs every 2 weeks till youre only left with some pre/post workout carbs.
    my log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6736701

Quest for Abs Take #3 Get2thechopper's Avatar
    Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Start doing dead-lifts, squats and pull ups.

So right now, after 4 months of exercise and controlled diet, I am at 153 lb and around 13-14% body fat (attached pics of before and after).
    GJ OP, stick at it.
    Here we go again!

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Prepare to look good from only one angle on that split, assuming you ever get your diet nailed and lose the last fat
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

Originally Posted by buyerofmtg View Post
    Why do you not work legs or back?

What are your macros? If your calories have remained constant and you aren't losing weight, you need to either lower calories or do more cardio.
    The problem is since I am spending three days on cardio, I cant really put the legs workout day in the routine. Do you think I should add another day in the gym?

For the back, on Sunday (one of the rest day), I spent an hour in the afternoon, so I do cover back workout as well. I guess I forgot to mention that since Its not on one of the hard-worked weekdays.

Originally Posted by Womble619 View Post
    No legs day.
    Bro split.
    Bro diet.
    You think the types of food you eat affect weight loss.
    I think I will focus a lot more on the legs by adding 6th workout day. Any specific diet modifications you would suggest??

Thanks a lot for you input!

Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    wheat bread, 1 cup oats, banana, 2 cups lentil soup, hummus....not too low on carbs really.

OP train other body parts. more muscle mass = better metabolism. Count calories.....or start with carbs on the higher end and remove 200 cals worth of carbs every 2 weeks till youre only left with some pre/post workout carbs.

So do you think I should also focus on obliques, legs and back, right? Anything else in particular?
    Also, I was thinking my carb level was low already. Don't you think lowering my carb intake will tire me more? And how should I maintain my macros then? By increasing whey or fat? Please give me more insights.

Thanks a ton for your suggestions...

Originally Posted by Get2thechopper View Post
    Start doing dead-lifts, squats and pull ups.

GJ OP, stick at it.
    Thanks!
    And yes, I have been adding squats and pull ups in my workouts. But deadlifts are completely ignored do far.

Unhappy

Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    Prepare to look good from only one angle on that split, assuming you ever get your diet nailed and lose the last fat
    Please elaborate. After reading one day of comments, I have decided to add another day focussing of legs and back.... What additional body parts should I work on to earn more better looking angles?
    Also, any diet mod suggestions?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000)
    Day 1 badminton Day 2 Push Day 3 badminton Day 4 rest Day 5 badminton Day 6 Pull Day 7 Legs. Also MACROS you need to know your TDEE once you know your maintenance you can work on a deficit.
    PR's
    Snatch - 232
    C&J - 275
    Bench - 275x1
    Squat - 415x1
    DL - 425x1
    OHP - 180x1
    FS- 325x1