mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Regulating Blood Glucose levels

I just stumbled into an interesting section in my text book on this subject and I thought I'd share, excuse this if it is old news to you.

"The blood closely regulates blood glucose levels (also known as blood sugar levels) to maintain an adequate supply of glucose for cells. If blood glucose levels drop too low, a person becomes shaky and weak. If blood glucose levels rise too high, a person becomes sluggish and confused and may have difficulty breathing."

So apparently the ideal blood glucose values are:
    "4 to 7mmol/l before meals
    less than 10mmol/l 90 minutes after a meal
    around 8mmol/l at bedtime."

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_ad...#ixzz2kT4Sz6Ta

You BGLs can be checked with a BG meter. I got a free meter from freestyle insulinx by filling out a form on their site. It's also very cheap to purchase at walmart for around $10. Everyone has a unique insulin response to glucose intake, so this tool can be useful for figuring out how your body responds to certain foods.

I had a bowl of oats with some whey powder for a snack the last two days and I've been sluggish as hell and couldn't really figure it out, so this info kind of puzzled it together for me.

LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Throw in some cinnamon with your oats. The taste is amazing and it stabilizes your glucose level better.
    You can even try to have 2 tbsp of apple vinegar and/or lemon juice before your meal to control blood sugar.

mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LaViidaLocaa View Post
    Throw in some cinnamon with your oats. The taste is amazing and it stabilizes your glucose level better.
    You can even try to have 2 tbsp of apple vinegar and/or lemon juice before your meal to control blood sugar.
    hmm interesting, do you have any proof/sources of this? I know vinegar/lemon are extremely acidic however.

LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mattvdh View Post
    hmm interesting, do you have any proof/sources of this? I know vinegar/lemon are extremely acidic however.
    Here you go, even with some more tricks (ginger and green tea): w ww.ncbi .nlm.nih. gov/ pubmed/24199490

The rest (and some tips): w ww.diabetes selfmanagement. com/Blog/ Blood-Glucose-Monitoring/stop-spiking-those-sugars/

(remove the spaces in-between, I cannot post links yet due to not having 50 posts yet)

NorthernKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernKB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mattvdh View Post
    I have seen a couple of studies recently that have shown the benefit of cinnamon in controlling blood sugar. They weren't huge studies but enough to get me sprinkling cinnamon in my coffee on a morning.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14633804

I can only find this one at the minute, I'll post the other when I find it
    ingenium mala saepe movent

http://www.candjpersonaltraining.co.uk/