thizzfacehoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lying tricep extensions. Bar or dumbbells???!

Okay so I'm going to start doing lying tricep extensions for part of my tricep workout. But I wanted your guys' opinion on what you think is better and can get more results from, the dumbbell or the bar? Please explain why you pick one over the other as well. Personally, I feel like when i use the bar (in a skullcrusher fashion), the movement feels so fuarking akward and I can't focus on get a good contraction on both triceps simultaneously due to it being so akward. I haven't committed myself to the dumbbell yet but i think doing it will be able to accomplish a better contraction in a more controlled fashion with less jerkyness from the upper arms and etc. But thats just my opinion, i have yet to try it out.

So what do you think? should I go for the bar or dumbbells and WHY?? and if you answer dumbbells, should I do them one arm at a time or do them both at the same time?

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the difference IMO is the fact that dumbbells will move more in a natural groove than a barbell because the hands and wrists aren't restricted as they would be with a bar.That being said many great bodybuilders have built great triceps with heavy with lying triceps extensions.
    I personally like the ez curl bar for tricep ext. because they are easier on the wrists.
    Sometimes i like to go heavy with BB ext then finish up with DB ext.
    Good luck.

thizzfacehoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    the difference IMO is the fact that dumbbells will move more in a natural groove than a barbell because the hands and wrists aren't restricted as they would be with a bar.That being said many great bodybuilders have built great triceps with heavy with lying triceps extensions.
    I personally like the ez curl bar for tricep ext. because they are easier on the wrists.
    Sometimes i like to go heavy with BB ext then finish up with DB ext.
    Good luck.
    when you do them with DB's do you alternate one arm each or do 2 at the same time?

MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i do two at the same time personally... probably doesn't matter too much though

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    why not do them both? every couple of weeks i alternate my skulls with barbells and db's, incline, flat and decline bench. so dont just focus on one when you have so many options. use every tool thats available to you in order to take your physique to the next level ok. dont limit your possibilities when there is so much knowledge and exercises out there.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I prefer DBs