kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Alcohol Questions.

Beside the empty calories, what exactly wrong w/ consuming alcohol while dieting? I'm confused about how it affects the body, but as far as I've understood it, it provides the body with immediate energy, thereby getting in the way of the routine burning of calories? If that's the case, would it be best to consume on an empty stomach, so there's no food there that needs to be burned?

Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    when you drink it it takes priority over everything else in your body needing to be digested at the time so that other food has time to turn into fat. it is also bad on the liver because of where the alcohol is absorbed.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One effect of alcohol is reducing protein synthesis, to me this makes alcohol and an empty stomach sound like a recipe for muscle loss.

It is recommended to always eat food with alcohol and drink plenty of water.

If I were to drink I would make sure I eat a whole, healthy meal beforehand and drink lots of water when drinking.

P.S. I would try to resist that 3am kebab/hot dog/Maccas as well
    Last edited by OzStriker; 02-22-2007 at 06:34 PM.

KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000)
    Drinking on an empty stomach is probably the worst thing IMO. What nutrients are in alcohol? None. You're body will feel weaker and you won't be able to tolerate as many drinks (not that I encourage drinking till you pass out, it's just on an empty stomach, it's much easier to get crunk).

BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kkowsari View Post
    Beside the empty calories, what exactly wrong w/ consuming alcohol while dieting? I'm confused about how it affects the body, but as far as I've understood it, it provides the body with immediate energy, thereby getting in the way of the routine burning of calories? If that's the case, would it be best to consume on an empty stomach, so there's no food there that needs to be burned?
    It slows down your metabolism. But if not dieting for a show, every once in a while won't hurt.
    Top Secret Nutrition
    Vice President of Sales
    Alex@TopSecretNutrition.com

Contest Prep Coach
    Workout and Nutrition Programs
    AlexBigStew@gmail.com

He must be on creatine! slaydox's Avatar
    slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    v.v

kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No but my point is, if it slows down metabolism and gets in the way of normal fat burning, wouldn't it be best, from the standpoint of looking good, to drink on an empty stomach - so the food you have in your stomach doesnt turn to fat?

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Alcohol contains ethanol, which is toxic. It's just awful to put in your body, and contains as many calories per gram as fat! It damages your kidneys and liver, and can really prevent you from working out the next day. It kills brain cells. I don't think you'd need more reasons as to why it's harmful LOL

Registered User African Assasin's Avatar
    African Assasin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea yea its bad for you in more ways than one. But its soo much fun given the right environment. I'm in college and drinking is inevitable any night of the week. For me personally nothing takes care of a hangover like sweating my ass off at the gym the next morning. Yea it impedes progress but somehow I'm still getting bigger, stronger, and not getting fat and still throwin down on a regular. I know for a fact though that I would progress much faster if I didn't drink...but fun?

ilovepeaches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovepeaches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovepeaches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovepeaches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovepeaches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovepeaches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alcohol lowers testosterone levels also.