TooPoorForGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Very cheap whey protien, worth it?

I am brand new to the gym (Been going for a month). I have very little muscle.

I am not too serious about the gym but I would like to gain a little bit of muscle. Therefore I want to experiment with some whey protein.

As I am not too serious about it, I don't really want to spend a lot on this (I can't either as a student). I therefore have been looking for cheap whey.

I came across this one: (I can't post links so please search amazon for "Nutrisport 90+ Protein Chocolate Powder 908g")

I know that it won't bet he best quality protein on the market - far from it. However, is it still worth me trying out to begin with, to try? I would move onto more expensive proteins if I got a little more into the gym and building serious muscle but would this be suitable to an absolute beginner? Or is it so bad that there is absolutely no point in me taking this and it would essentially be a waste of my money (Is whey essentially "get the best or get nothing")?

AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TooPoorForGym View Post
    I am brand new to the gym (Been going for a month). I have very little muscle.

I am not too serious about the gym but I would like to gain a little bit of muscle. Therefore I want to experiment with some whey protein.

As I am not too serious about it, I don't really want to spend a lot on this (I can't either as a student). I therefore have been looking for cheap whey.

I came across this one: (I can't post links so please search amazon for "Nutrisport 90+ Protein Chocolate Powder 908g")

I know that it won't bet he best quality protein on the market - far from it. However, is it still worth me trying out to begin with, to try? I would move onto more expensive proteins if I got a little more into the gym and building serious muscle but would this be suitable to an absolute beginner? Or is it so bad that there is absolutely no point in me taking this and it would essentially be a waste of my money (Is whey essentially "get the best or get nothing")?
    That's your first problem you're going to face. Secondly, protein is protein. It's basically a powdered chicken breast. If you want to gain some mass you gotta eat right and hit your macro nutrients. You can save yourself money by just going and getting food. Protein powder isn't going to magically help build muscle, you have to put the effort in at the gym and in the kitchen.

TooPoorForGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AMeyer9 View Post
    That's your first problem you're going to face. Secondly, protein is protein. It's basically a powdered chicken breast. If you want to gain some mass you gotta eat right and hit your macro nutrients. You can save yourself money by just going and getting food. Protein powder isn't going to magically help build muscle, you have to put the effort in at the gym and in the kitchen.
    I mean I go to the gym an average amount, just no where near as much as anybody on this website do. I go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week (every other day). Is it therefore useless me getting protein then - should I just eat more?

isuruls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^what he said. If you're new don't even think about supplements. Eat properly first! Take supplements only after you reach a small plateau. Maybe after 4 months or so. I saw this lovely quote somewhere on BB itself "you can never oversupplement your diet".

Eat protein rich foods!

Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AMeyer9 View Post
    This is where you're wrong. You buy a powder with a bunch of t/g fillers and it doesn't meet label claims.

Everything else is correct through.
    Science Mofo
    Admin @ Hollywood's Rabid Cage
    IG: Barbells.Brews

Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I mean I go to the gym an average amount, just no where near as much as anybody on this website do. I go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week (every other day). Is it therefore useless me getting protein then - should I just eat more?
    Yes, you should just eat more. You actually should visit the Nutrition section and read the stickies. You need to figure out your BMR and then figure out what your caloric needs are. You may be surprised.
    RIP in Peace

bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would suggest you take working out and diet more seriously before you spend money on protein powder or supplements. It may help you some, meeting your protein needs. But you probably won't see the results you are expecting cause your workout isn't all that great in the 1st place, this will lead to a false opinion on if supplements really work or help to build muscle.
    P/RR/S
    NGA Natural Pro Body Builder
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder(4/10/2010)
    NPC/NGA Competitor
    AAEFX Board Rep and Natural Freak

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can make gains training 3-4 days a week, but your training must be serious and set up properly as well as your diet. Adding in a protein wont help you gain any muscle if your diet and training isnt set up for muscle gain.
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    4 days in the gym is fine. Its what I do.
    Chest/Bi
    Legs
    Rest
    Back/Traps/Rear Delts
    rest
    Shoulders/Tri
    rest

Protein is essential calculate your daily macros. up the calories on training days
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/photos/view-user-photos/158620

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would take some time to work on your diet and training before you decide to spend money on supps. Also if your not serious why even ask the question.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete