xMastox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to improve from skinny-fat?

Hello, I have been dieting and weight training hard and have lost 60 pounds. I have been working to maintain my muscle but obviously i have still lost some and i am looking skinny fat (although i do still feel i have some muscle). I am 227 pounds and think i stand to lose another 27 to be lean. I am 21 - 22 % bf or at least thats what i've gotten from 2 sources so im condifent enough of that fact. What bf should i get to before increasing calories? should i take creatine to help gain muscle mass? i already take protein isolate and do heavy weight training.
    Attached Images

Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000)
    hello matey. great job on the weight loss, thats really fantastic work son!

wait until you are below 15% bf before bulking at least IMO, that is what I did and will be going down to 12% next time.

as for creatine I would defo recommend it, it is such a cheap product and it really does make a difference, your water weight will go a bit mad for a bit buts its well worth it! just keep hydrated. For anyone who says creatine gains are lost when you stop takin are chattin bs.. while on creatine you can push hard, heavier and for longer, that increased stress on your muscle allows you to push and build just that little bit more.

how much will it help? well maybe instead of building say 20 pounds of muscle in your first year (typical first year possibility), you may gain 21 pounds if you used creatine. I consider that considerable enough to justify the use of it.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Stay in a deficit, you're not skinny fat.

What's your workout routine?

RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Keep the caloric deficit up in addition to some quality strength training.

Also, make sure you have some maintenance periods thrown in. You don't want to be in a deficit for eternity.

Congrats on the weight loss so far.

Forget bf%, pay more attention to how you feel when you look in the mirror/at pictures.
    Tired of boring cardio? Want to add a challenge to your workouts?
    New book available on the Amazon store
    "Cardio Revolution: 54 Fat Loss Finishers - Pack of Cards Workout"

www.revolutionlifestyles.com

Online fitness, nutrition and lifestyle coaching.

Personal training - Wimbledon, SW19.

Fat Loss | Strength Training

Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lean as in? (clothes, naked, on stage?)

Being your height and having lost from 260 on down....

- You are a lot higher than 21-22% body fat. That's not even in the ballpark. When losing weight you really have no idea, virtually every measurement will drastically underestimate it. I can see my abs flexed into the low 20's. Having a gut is 30%+.

- Expect to start looking thin in clothes once you get into the low 210's.

- You probably wont start seeing hints of your abs flexed until under 200.

- Your abs won't appear when unflexed until you are into the 180's (likely well into the 180's, if not the 170's).
    Go Pack Go!!!

Workout Log - Bulking with Bodyweight - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156762293
    IIFYM Eater - waldo56 on myfitnesspal

<<<<<Don't Panic>>>>>

Originally Posted by Waldo56 View Post
    Lean as in? (clothes, naked, on stage?)

Being your height and having lost from 260 on down....

- You are a lot higher than 21-22% body fat. That's not even in the ballpark. When losing weight you really have no idea, virtually every measurement will drastically underestimate it. I can see my abs flexed into the low 20's. Having a gut is 30%+.

- Expect to start looking thin in clothes once you get into the low 210's.

- You probably wont start seeing hints of your abs flexed until under 200.

- Your abs won't appear when unflexed until you are into the 180's (likely well into the 180's, if not the 170's).
    I'm not too worried about my body fat because its just a number, im more concerned about how i feel and how i compare to the people around me and my good friend i train with reckons he's 15% which would make mine seem correct but we must just be under estimating. I am just happy to be looking better in clothes, i dont think i will ever have abs because of the size i used to be but i would still love to get lean so my back, shoulders, chest etc look better. I am jst worried about losing more muscle while losing the rest of the weight because obviously its very hard to build up. I am doing a 10 week strength building programme at the minute so i hope to keep going well

Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    Stay in a deficit, you're not skinny fat.

What's your workout routine?
    Well i know im still fat rather than skinny fat haha but im more concerned about ending up with no muscle. I'm doing this programme i got online

Monday - Chest and Triceps
    Chest
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Barbell Bench Press 4 10, 8, 8, 6
    Incline Bench Press 3 8, 8, 6
    Decline Bench Press 3 8, 8, 6
    Dumbbell Flys 2 10
    Dumbbell Pullover 2 8
    Triceps
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Tricep Extension 4 10, 8, 8, 6 adding weight
    Tricep Dip 3 10
    Tricep Bench Dip 3 8
    Notes
    None.
    Tuesday - Back and Biceps
    Back
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Chin Up 2 8
    One Arm Dumbbell Row 3 8
    Seated Row 2 8
    Bent Over Barbell Row 2 8
    Lat Pull Down 3 10, 10, 8
    Biceps
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Standing Barbell Curl 3 8, 8, 6
    Close Grip Preacher Curl 3 8, 8, 6
    Incline Dumbbell Curl 2 12-14
    Concentration Curl 2 10
    Notes
    None.
    WEDNESDAY - REST DAY/CARDIO

Thursday - Shoulders and Forearms
    Shoulders
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Machine Shoulder Press 3 10
    Dumbbell Reverse Fly 3 8-10
    Military Press 4 10
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise 2 10
    Dumbbell Shrugs 2 10
    Upright Row 2 10
    Forearms
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Standing Wrist Curl 4 10
    Barbell Wrist Curl 4 10
    Notes
    Dumbbell shrugs and upright row can be supersetted.
    Friday - legs
    Legs
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Squat 5 10, 8, 8, 6, 4
    Leg Extension 3 12
    Leg Curl 3 12
    Calves
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Standing Calf Raise 4 12
    Seated calf Raise 2 12
    Notes
    None.

Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by xMastox View Post
    I'm not too worried about my body fat because its just a number, im more concerned about how i feel and how i compare to the people around me and my good friend i train with reckons he's 15% which would make mine seem correct but we must just be under estimating. I am just happy to be looking better in clothes, i dont think i will ever have abs because of the size i used to be but i would still love to get lean so my back, shoulders, chest etc look better. I am jst worried about losing more muscle while losing the rest of the weight because obviously its very hard to build up. I am doing a 10 week strength building programme at the minute so i hope to keep going well
    I wouldn't be so sure about what you can become. You really didn't start out that much bigger than I was, I started at 262 (a little over 2 years ago), you seem to have more muscle mass than I had. All hints of what I one was are long gone now.

I stopped my intial weight loss at 187 lbs, about 18-19% bodyfat in hindsight, and have been bulking/cutting in the year and a half since.
    Go Pack Go!!!

Workout Log - Bulking with Bodyweight - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156762293
    IIFYM Eater - waldo56 on myfitnesspal

<<<<<Don't Panic>>>>>

Originally Posted by Waldo56 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about what you can become. You really didn't start out that much bigger than I was, I started at 262 (a little over 2 years ago), you seem to have more muscle mass than I had. All hints of what I one was are long gone now.

I stopped my intial weight loss at 187 lbs, about 18-19% bodyfat in hindsight, and have been bulking/cutting in the year and a half since.
    Its great to see what shape your in after just 2 years thats amazing. I really think i can go on to be one of those stories but only time will tell. I'm happy to put in the hard work. Thanks for your input