Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Best mass building tricep and bicep exercises?

Was just wondering what you guys do to build mass in your triceps and biceps? I am looking to gain overall size in my arms, and I do know that the triceps compose 60% of the arm, so i will be focusing on that primarily.

What are your mass building tricep and bicep exercises?
    I pull girls & do street interviews IRL, as seen on YouTube:

www.youtube.com/@thetruthtabletv

Natural athlete & Model from the Philippines.

https://www.instagram.com/thetonyd/

On a mission to help men gain confidence & improve their lives.

IndianBradPitt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IndianBradPitt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IndianBradPitt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IndianBradPitt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IndianBradPitt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IndianBradPitt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IndianBradPitt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IndianBradPitt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IndianBradPitt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IndianBradPitt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IndianBradPitt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    BIGGEST GUy at the gym trains them 3 times a week

day 1: floor cgp with heavy cheat bb curls controlling the negative

day 3: decline skullcrusher with concentration curls

day 5: oh ez bb seated with incline curls

he also does brachialis at the end with like reverse bb curls/drag curls and 1-2 sets of pushdowns/reverse pushdown superslow 10-15 reps

heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Tonyy926 View Post
    Was just wondering what you guys do to build mass in your triceps and biceps? I am looking to gain overall size in my arms, and I do know that the triceps compose 60% of the arm, so i will be focusing on that primarily.

Dips and skull crushers.
    Follow my quest for 100,000 pull ups this year

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asj9kQZoAthCdEwyN3JWdEE3cFdnOC1YcTRZR01kVVE#gid=0

Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Close grip pull ups for biceps

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dips and curls, son.

For extra points in buffness, consider tacking on tricep extensions and hammer curls.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Filthmonger View Post
    pull ups for biceps
    Nope.
    Who was this love of yours?

Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Two killer moves for triceps are dips and close grip bench. I trained arms yesterday and this was pretty much my cycle:

Biceps
    Barbell curl 4 sets with reasonable weight (intentionally keep it low so I can do 8-10 reps [and to eliminate cheating])
    Preacher curls 3 sets
    single arm dumbbell raise 3 sets
    hammer across the body 2 sets
    hammer in front of the body 2 sets
    concentration curls 3 sets
    barbell (by itself) curl until failure 2 sets

Triceps
    Close grip barbell supersets - (i don't know what it's actually but rest the top of my head against a wall so I am looking down and the raise my arms behind me and contract the triceps - set between each press)
    French press (e bar - skull crushers)
    Cable pull downs
    Raised triceps press-ups
    End on Dips x 6 sets until failure.

As i'm sure you know, the key to big arms, are big triceps.

DiscoYou is not very well liked. (-100) DiscoYou is not very well liked. (-100) DiscoYou is not very well liked. (-100) DiscoYou is not very well liked. (-100) DiscoYou is not very well liked. (-100) DiscoYou is not very well liked. (-100) DiscoYou is not very well liked. (-100) DiscoYou is not very well liked. (-100) DiscoYou is not very well liked. (-100) DiscoYou is not very well liked. (-100) DiscoYou is not very well liked. (-100)
    Biceps:
    Cable row
    Wide grip cable pulldown/ pullup
    Bent over row
    DB/cable curl

Triceps:
    Bench press
    Military press
    Cable Pulldown

darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Hawksmere View Post
    Two killer moves for triceps are dips and close grip bench. I trained arms yesterday and this was pretty much my cycle:

Biceps
    Barbell curl 4 sets with reasonable weight (intentionally keep it low so I can do 8-10 reps [and to eliminate cheating])
    Preacher curls 3 sets
    single arm dumbbell raise 3 sets
    hammer across the body 2 sets
    hammer in front of the body 2 sets
    concentration curls 3 sets
    barbell (by itself) curl until failure 2 sets

Triceps
    Close grip barbell supersets - (i don't know what it's actually but rest the top of my head against a wall so I am looking down and the raise my arms behind me and contract the triceps - set between each press)
    French press (e bar - skull crushers)
    Cable pull downs
    Raised triceps press-ups
    End on Dips x 6 sets until failure.

As i'm sure you know, the key to big arms, are big triceps.
    Thats way too much volume and needless exercises.....20 total sets for biceps?? And all basically are the same thing.

Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Needless and pointless for whom? Certainly not for me. The 'overtraining bicep' myth was outed in the 90s.

And all are not the same thing at all! Hammers, curls, concentrations may all work the biceps yet engage it in different ways/areas.

If you're still convinced, I suggest you watch: http://youtu.be/JHiKDa4ip_Q

Originally Posted by darscogre View Post
    Thats way too much volume and needless exercises.....20 total sets for biceps?? And all basically are the same thing.

darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000)
    Needless and pointless for whom? Certainly not for me. The 'overtraining bicep' myth was outed in the 90s.

And all are not the same thing at all! Hammers, curls, concentrations may all work the biceps yet engage it in different ways/areas.

If you're still convinced, I suggest you watch: http://youtu.be/JHiKDa4ip_Q

LOL....you do realize that you're very delusional, you're citing a video of a person who is on an obscene amount of steroids and applying his training to your as if you guys are in the same ballgame.

MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MWorkz18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=Tonyy926;1158877863]Was just wondering what you guys do to build mass in your triceps and biceps? I am looking to gain overall size in my arms, and I do know that the triceps compose 60% of the arm, so i will be focusing on that primarily.

What are your mass building tricep and bicep exercises?[/QUOTE

There is not necessarily one exercise that will build mass the best for your triceps and biceps... but the best advice I can give is superset, superset, and superset some more... as for specific exercises to use... the other posts here list good choices

touche! If you don't like it, don't do it! So from now we are not to take advice from powerliftes, weight lifters, pros or anyone who is beyond where we are? And I'm delusional?!?

Secondly, how are concentration curls, hammers and preachers the same thing? Please do explain!

I wasn't trying to offend, I DO appreciate overtraining can be an issue. But this programme isn't one whatsoever.

LOL....you do realize that you're very delusional, you're citing a video of a person who is on an obscene amount of steroids and applying his training to your as if you guys are in the same ballgame.

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    [QUOTE=MWorkz18;1159476933]
    but the best advice I can give is superset, superset, and superset some more...
    Any reason why supersetting will help in achieving mass, as opposed as to taking a short rest?
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

touche! If you don't like it, don't do it! So from now we are not to take advice from powerliftes, weight lifters, pros or anyone who is beyond where we are? And I'm delusional?!?

Secondly, how are concentration curls, hammers and preachers the same thing? Please do explain!

I wasn't trying to offend, I DO appreciate overtraining can be an issue. But this programme isn't one whatsoever.

They are all virtually the same because the bicep is such a small muscle, there is absolutely no reason to do 7 different excercises since they all do the same thing at the end of the day, which is contract the muscle upwards. Or are you one of those people that still think that you can change the shape and insertion of a bicep muscle by working it from 50 different angles. At the end of the day, your bicep shape is genetic and there is virtually no difference in what each of those exercises accomplishes as opposed to the others. You take it even further, by even varying your hammer curls......"Cross body" , "In front of body"........serioulsy dude??? The bicep has one function and one function only.....contracting your arm toward your shoulder. It makes not a moose **** of difference from which angle you start it at.
    Im all for varying exercises.....to alleviate boredom and change things up......but to think that you need to do all those exercies in the same workout as if they are doing something different from each other is crazy

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That Darthogre post hurt my head. Both due to content and terrible writing style.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    They are all virtually the same because the bicep is such a small muscle, there is absolutely no reason to do 7 different excercises since they all do the same thing at the end of the day, which is contract the muscle upwards. Or are you one of those people that still think that you can change the shape and insertion of a bicep muscle by working it from 50 different angles. At the end of the day, your bicep shape is genetic and there is virtually no difference in what each of those exercises accomplishes as opposed to the others. You take it even further, by even varying your hammer curls......"Cross body" , "In front of body"........serioulsy dude??? The bicep has one function and one function only.....contracting your arm toward your shoulder. It makes not a moose **** of difference from which angle you start it at.
    Im all for varying exercises.....to alleviate boredom and change things up......but to think that you need to do all those exercies in the same workout as if they are doing something different from each other is crazy

You seem agitated, yet again. Why are all your posts so angry?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    You seem agitated, yet again. Why are all your posts so angry?

Grandpa.....whats up with your beef with me? Im writing how i write and responding to posts. I realize you're retired but you have way too much time on your hands lurking this board all day and night. When i retire i hope to spend time with my family, not be tied to this board 24 hours a day

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Grandpa.....whats up with your beef with me? Im writing how i write and responding to posts. I realize you're retired but you have way too much time on your hands lurking this board all day and night. When i retire i hope to spend time with my family, not be tied to this board 24 hours a day
    Stern Crew

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Like I replied to another of your silly, condescending posts in another forum; you bring nothing to the table but conflict. Anonymous keyboard warriors like you only serve to drag down this site.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Like I replied to another of your silly, condescending posts in another forum; you bring nothing to the table but conflict. Anonymous keyboard warriors like you only serve to drag down this site.

HOW WAS I BEING CONDECENDING? i WAS ANSWERING THE OP'S QUESTION TO EXPLAIN MY PREVIOUS RESPONSE AND I DID. PEOPLE ON THIS SITE POST IN WAYYYYYY MORE CONDECENDING MANNER THAN I DID. BUT FOR SOME REASON YOU SEEM TO HAVE IT IN FOR ME. DO I TURN YOU ON OR SOMETHING????

ImDorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ImDorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ImDorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ImDorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ImDorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ImDorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ImDorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ImDorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ImDorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ImDorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ImDorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Arnold says that cheated dumbels curls is the best exercice for massive biceps

HOW WAS I BEING CONDECENDING? i WAS ANSWERING THE OP'S QUESTION TO EXPLAIN MY PREVIOUS RESPONSE AND I DID. PEOPLE ON THIS SITE POST IN WAYYYYYY MORE CONDECENDING MANNER THAN I DID. BUT FOR SOME REASON YOU SEEM TO HAVE IT IN FOR ME. DO I TURN YOU ON OR SOMETHING????
    You seem quite upset. Certainly you can't really be 41 years old. You post like some angry, 15-year-old kid, stuck in his mom's basement.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

You seem quite upset. Certainly you can't really be 41 years old. You post like some angry, 15-year-old kid, stuck in his mom's basement.
    I am indeed 41. And im not angry. i just have limited patience for stupidity and when someone comes at me im going to come right back at them. I also have a lot of work to do so im not on this site day and night like some people (cough, cough, cough)..

The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Heavy benchpress for triceps, and heavy curls is what I do and I like my arms.
    I must break you.

lol

limited patience for stupidity .
    The irony..........................
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Triceps-
    Bar dips ,stay upright don't lean into them.
    Close grip bench press.

Biceps-
    barbell and dumbbell curls all grip widths and straight and ez curl bar.

That explains nothing whatsoever! Hammers, preachers, concentrations do not do the same thing!! Nor is the bicep one muscle, the bi kinda gives it away!

Words defeat me! Good luck fella!!