Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I'm consuming 6 eggs a day for breakfast...should I be worried ?

I just noticed the egg carton said 65% cholesterol /egg.

I'm 26 workout 3 days a week and my other 4 days are no activity at all(office job)

Should I be looking for a different alternative ?
    NJ Crew

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's fine.

Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MrBillson View Post
    It's fine.
    JUST to throw it out there I just quit smoking and my dad is a heart patient ! I don't know if it's relevant information but I thought I'd just throw it out thefe
    NJ Crew

MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Lucky_ROA View Post

I'm 26 workout 3 days a week and my other 4 days are no activity at all(office job)

I'd take out the yolks in 4-5 of those and get my fat from another source but hey that's just me. As long as you don't have high cholestrol you should be fine.
    Borussia Dortmund back-2-back Bundesliga champs

Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Throw in a little bit of bacon bro!

justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500)
    Maybe the person next to you in the office wants you to consider an option if you are farting because of them.

justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500) justsojoe is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Siobahn View Post
    Throw in a little bit of bacon bro!
    I cut a couple of rashers of streaky bacon and put them in my small fry pan and once cooked crack in three eggs.

Great tasting breakfast.

MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've been consuming 6 eggs for breakfast for a year now and I'm still living to tell about it.

FYI: dietary cholesterol is harmless, regardless of whether it ends up in the bloodstream or not. High cholesterol is not the cause of heart disease.

Eat your eggs, they're damn good for you.

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    JUST to throw it out there I just quit smoking and my dad is a heart patient ! I don't know if it's relevant information but I thought I'd just throw it out thefe
    Blood cholesterol levels have not been shown to contribute to heart conditions on their own, so as long as you don't have other problems you should be fine. I'm also pretty sure that the cholesterol found in egg yolks is not fully absorbed by the body (I'm not 100% on the science behind this, but I'm sure other posters will know more.)

Having said that, I am not a doctor, so if you are concerned get yourself checked.

Originally Posted by CoryReps View Post
    Woah. Don't be getting all eggcited (lol...no)

The yolks on you buddy, I think that its too much eggs. Whole eggs are not bad, but in the quanitity you consume I would say you are going to shoot your LDL and HDL levels through the roof, especially because you are only active 3 days a week.

Cut it down to two a day, with egg whites to make up for the extra protein.

A good read to understand why:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/what...ks-anyway.html
    Uh-oh... Someone just referenced an article from bb.com.

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

The yolks on you buddy, I think that its too much eggs. Whole eggs are not bad, but in the quanitity you consume I would say you are going to shoot your LDL and HDL levels through the roof, especially because you are only active 3 days a week.

Originally Posted by MrBillson View Post
    Uh-oh... Someone just referenced an article from bb.com.
    My thoughts exactly.
    LOL @ using a main site article for dietary advice.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I am too lazy to look for the study atm, but it has been shown that 3+ eggs a day improve serum cholesterol.
    From Houston, now I am in San Diego

Registered Nurse? Or work in the healthcare? Come join
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147557373
    -=Degenerative Disc Disease Crew=-
    -=Torn Pec Crew=-

parkmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) parkmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

If you are going to quote inaccurate material from biased sources, at least be consistent with what they say. You are supposed to have high levels of HDL.

TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i eat about 12 a day nothing to worry about

thepowerof140 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepowerof140 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepowerof140 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepowerof140 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepowerof140 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepowerof140 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepowerof140 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepowerof140 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepowerof140 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepowerof140 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thepowerof140 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheIronAsylum View Post
    In the short term, I'd be interested to see how it impacts upon your health if you continue eating those for a prolonged period of time. I wouldn't recommend you do this.

The trouble with the negative egg research is that it's never done any conclusive long term studies, which is why so much is a blur and people find it hard to know what to believe.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you have familial hypercholesterolemia, then you might benefit from a specialized, restrictive diet.

If not, then no worries.

kickinchicken is not very well liked. (-100) kickinchicken is not very well liked. (-100) kickinchicken is not very well liked. (-100) kickinchicken is not very well liked. (-100) kickinchicken is not very well liked. (-100) kickinchicken is not very well liked. (-100) kickinchicken is not very well liked. (-100) kickinchicken is not very well liked. (-100) kickinchicken is not very well liked. (-100) kickinchicken is not very well liked. (-100) kickinchicken is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by thepowerof140 View Post
    In the short term, I'd be interested to see how it impacts upon your health if you continue eating those for a prolonged period of time. I wouldn't recommend you do this.

The trouble with the negative egg research is that it's never done any conclusive long term studies, which is why so much is a blur and people find it hard to know what to believe.
    That's because the original studies were based on effects of cholesterol on mice. Mice don't eat meat so of course they would have negative effect from any amount of cholesterol. Humans on the other hand need it. So the word just hasn't gotten around yet.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    If you have familial hypercholesterolemia, then you might benefit from a specialized, restrictive diet.

If not, then no worries.
    do you have a similar link about genetic predisposition to high cholesterol and diet like the article on adhd and diet? there's nothing i've found with good research behind it
    Last edited by Domicron; 11-04-2013 at 08:17 PM.

rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100)
    way safer than mercury-tuna

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by justsojoe View Post
    I cut a couple of rashers of streaky bacon and put them in my small fry pan and once cooked crack in three eggs.

Great tasting breakfast.
    You cooked crack into eggs? fuk me...lol

Get out of here with referencing bb.com studies.
    Originally Posted by TheIronAsylum View Post
    Actually, high levels of HDL are not good for everyone and can actually be harmful because not all HDL is created equally, and those with health conditions can actually be harmed by high HDL. Do so more research before you try and fault me.

As for eggs, there is not enough long term studies to determine the detriment to health caused by cholesterol. But with 5 grams of fat per egg, I wouldn't go eating 6 everyday unless It fit my fat macros.

At the end of the day, my suggestion is merely opinion. Do whats best for you.
    Actually no, you referenced a bb.com study, I cant take anything seriously you say now, ever again, next you will be telling us bananas increase your test by 300%

Eating six eggs wouldnt raise that HDL to high enough levels to harm you, I assume you are meaning the ldl would be very high or low too, not a healthy split?

And at 5g of fat per egg, thats only a tiny amount of fat, 30g lol, please tell me you are not eating under 30g of fat?
    Eat the damn yolk.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Actually, high levels of HDL are not good for everyone and can actually be harmful because not all HDL is created equally, and those with health conditions can actually be harmed by high HDL. Do so more research before you try and fault me.

As for eggs, there is not enough long term studies to determine the detriment to health caused by cholesterol. But with 5 grams of fat per egg, I wouldn't go eating 6 everyday unless It fit my fat macros.

At the end of the day, my suggestion is merely opinion. Do whats best for you.
    You're asonighigly confused about nutrition and thus I urge you to at last learn the basics before attempting to answer questions.

isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MichielN View Post
    I've been consuming 6 eggs for breakfast for a year now and I'm still living to tell about it.

FYI: dietary cholesterol is harmless, regardless of whether it ends up in the bloodstream or not. High cholesterol is not the cause of heart disease.

Eat your eggs, they're damn good for you.
    It would take longer than a year to be able to discern the long term effects of eating extremely high cholesterol levels.

CoryReps is a name known to all. (+5000) CoryReps is a name known to all. (+5000) CoryReps is a name known to all. (+5000) CoryReps is a name known to all. (+5000) CoryReps is a name known to all. (+5000) CoryReps is a name known to all. (+5000) CoryReps is a name known to all. (+5000) CoryReps is a name known to all. (+5000) CoryReps is a name known to all. (+5000) CoryReps is a name known to all. (+5000) CoryReps is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    You cooked crack into eggs? fuk me...lol

Get out of here with referencing bb.com studies.

Actually no, you referenced a bb.com study, I cant take anything seriously you say now, ever again, next you will be telling us bananas increase your test by 300%

Eating six eggs wouldnt raise that HDL to high enough levels to harm you, I assume you are meaning the ldl would be very high or low too, not a healthy split?

And at 5g of fat per egg, thats only a tiny amount of fat, 30g lol, please tell me you are not eating under 30g of fat?
    Not eating below 30 grams of fat, but 30 grams in one meal of eggs (not to mention anything else in that meal that consists of fat such as any meats/carbs)? I wouldn't do that, however feel free IIFYM.
    Again, my opinion is not fact, never intended for it to be.

I am here to learn, so if my opinion is "wrong" then I will learn. Maybe this was premature, but honestly, can any of you provide the studies/sources of your information so I can research more, and form a better opinion.

Hey I am learning
    ✯✮☆ JR BRAND MANAGER // PERFORMIX ☆ ✮ ✯

[DEAL]
    Buy 2 Performix ISO 9:2:2, 30 Servings in the flavor of your choice
    & get 1 Performix ION, 45 Servings in the flavor of your choice FREE!

[STORE]
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/performix.html

[SOCIAL]
    www.********.com/PerformixDriven
    www.instagram.com/PerformixDriven
    www.twitter.com/PerformixDriven

[MY IG]
    www.instagram.com/CoryReps

#PERFORMIXDRIVEN

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

There are 99 things to worry about in today's world, but the dietary cholesterol from eating eggs isn't one of them, OP.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I was on keto I'd be eating 15 whole eggs a day.
    Everything you need to know about the leangains eating plan:

http://examine.com/leangains-faq/

gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you are so worried eat 3-4 instead of six, along with some turkey or cheese for extra protein and fats. Don't throw the yolks, it really is a shame!

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    There are 99 things to worry about in today's world, but the dietary cholesterol from eating eggs isn't one of them, OP.
    I see what you did there, and I'm getting a good LOL.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not eating below 30 grams of fat, but 30 grams in one meal of eggs (not to mention anything else in that meal that consists of fat such as any meats/carbs)? I wouldn't do that, however feel free IIFYM.
    Again, my opinion is not fact, never intended for it to be.

I am here to learn, so if my opinion is "wrong" then I will learn. Maybe this was premature, but honestly, can any of you provide the studies/sources of your information so I can research more, and form a better opinion.

Hey I am learning
    Since you want to learn
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18203890
    "These results suggest that including eggs in a CRD results in increased HDL-C while decreasing the risk factors associated with MetS."
    Weakness of the study: Carbohydrate restricted diet, they were most likely hypocaloric. I am assuming because I am too lazy to go through the study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16340654
    Talks about how there is no link between CHD and eggs, in fact eggs may improve your health

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23128450
    improves carotenid status.

Pretty much it increases your HDL which is a good thing.
    Dietary cholesterol only affects 15% of your total cholesterol, it may however create a spike before levels are checked.

Even then total cholesterol doesnt play as big of a role as we though it was. look up the french paradox. I am not familiar with their ratio or triglyceride levels though
    From Houston, now I am in San Diego

Registered Nurse? Or work in the healthcare? Come join
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147557373
    -=Degenerative Disc Disease Crew=-
    -=Torn Pec Crew=-

Bema will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bema will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bema will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bema will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bema will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bema will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bema will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bema will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bema will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bema will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bema will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Quote of the day, but I still have to spread my measly 20point butter around before repping you again.

OP: At minimum I eat 30eggs every Mon-Fri. It changes as my meals do, however looking at receipts (which I keep as a budgeter!) I've eaten on average 44 per week in the last 2.5months (taking into account eggs my GF eats and some that are occasionally 'wasted' in cakes for friends).

I'm a big reader on the latest egg related studies (lame, but you have no idea how often I have to defend my eggs!) and I've never found anything (recent) that would stop me eating them. Anecdotally this many eggs has had no negative effect for me, although i've never had my HDL or LDL levels measured to confirm the conclusions of the studies.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Bema View Post
    I'm a big reader on the latest egg related studies (lame, but you have no idea how often I have to defend my eggs!) and I've never found anything (recent) that would stop me eating them. Anecdotally this many eggs has had no negative effect for me, although i've never had my HDL or LDL levels measured to confirm the conclusions of the studies.
    Over the course of the 21 years I've been bodybuilding, I've seen study results shift back and forth, showing pro-eggs one time, con-eggs the next, and so on. I got desensitized to them (egg studies) to a point where I disregarded them all, and simply became my own 'study.' I eat an average of two dozen eggs a week, and have been since 1993. The blood panel results from my most recent physical (a couple of months ago) showed a total blood cholesterol reading of 167. My doc says anything under 200 is good, and my results were "outstanding." It might also be noted that I eat red meat at least once per day, and eat full-fat dairy products as well.

I realize that n=1 is not statistically significant, but I am a consistent eater, and have been for all those years, so I feel my experience has at least some value to others.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733