Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 44aussie View Post
    Illegal in Australia to give out dietry advice as a pt unless you are a dietician but we can discuss calories and macros but can't suggest what food a client can eat.
    It's not illegal, it's just outside our scope of practice, which means that if we do it then if it all fcks up and we get sued, we'll probably lose our court case and our insurance won't protect us.

We can't give meal plans, but can give general guidelines. And stuff like "stop smoking, drink less booze, eat less junk food, more fresh fruit and vegies" is well within our scope of practice and will get the typical previously sedentary lemonade-chugging client 80% of the way towards even the most ambitious goals.

respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 44aussie View Post
    I did my PT quals recently too and had to bite my tongue big time. So much mis-information circulating. Rest of the course was very good.
    Keep in mind the reason why its like this. well most of it anyways.

The teachings cant just be updated with the latest research each week. I still think its taught that saturated fats were bad for example as it was in mine. This is needed until the education departments accepts it as a fact and updates course holders. Lots of testing has to be done to change it in case it conflicts with something else like a medical condition someone may have. If they changed it now and people started to consume lots of saturated fats thinking its healthy. Sure 99% will benefit from it but if there is 1 person that has a medical condition that it does not agree with for example then they can sue big health departments because they were told it was good for them. They have to do testing to make sure this doesn't happen.

another example. If you had a client and you disregarded all the information in texts books and went by what people on here say is correct which most likely is correct. But your client was injured or made sick. then you are at fault for this. They look at what you told them and if its not in accordance with what you were taught then you plane and simple gave wrong advice according to what is accepted to be correct internationally.

This is why you find not many qualified people here will actually give workout programs, diet plans and are or should be careful with their wording. If I tell people something that is not In Accordance With (IAW) what is accepted and educated then they can be prosecuted. when you done your courses look at how all the science it written as well. "studies have shown this reacted best with this or had the most positive effect" there is always room for alternative answers in the science you read.

respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    It's not illegal, it's just outside our scope of practice, which means that if we do it then if it all fcks up and we get sued, we'll probably lose our court case and our insurance won't protect us.

We can't give meal plans, but can give general guidelines. And stuff like "stop smoking, drink less booze, eat less junk food, more fresh fruit and vegies" is well within our scope of practice and will get the typical previously sedentary lemonade-chugging client 80% of the way towards even the most ambitious goals.
    Correct its just general information that is basically known anyways. dont have to be a PT to know that eating veggies is better then junk food or smoking and drinking is bad.

44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post

Yes i could have worded that slightly better we can mention to look at better choices but we can't specifically talk about food intake.

Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I was at gym 2 weeks ago I heard a conversation between a PT and a guy who was looking to lift and lose weight.

I heard so much broscience there: ''you got eat at least 30g of proteins in the morning'' but also a lot of mention about meal timing and carbs intake... Little to no information on the importance of caloric deficit or dietary fat intake... Poor guy.

Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Yeah, I thought I read that he's the only one that goes on and on about metabolic damage but that metabolic damage isn't all that easy to achieve. I'm not sure though as I haven't made time to read up on that sort of thing as It won't apply to me.
    . Now that you mention it, I have never heard a single person mention it besides him. His fancy way of saying depressed/slow/wrecked metabolism from a huge deficit caused by diet and/or long LISS?

Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by respawn View Post

Lose weight too fast through too much cardio and diet deficient like the biggest loser contestants and your BMR does not have time to adjust meaning the weight loss is less likely to be permanent and very hard to keep off.
    Makes for good TV but I agree. Weight loss should be slow.

DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    personal trainers are not nutritionists and are not allowed by law to give nutrition plans or diets. just give very basic advice.

what is your daughters TDEE and how much did she say she was eating for the trainer to say this?
    they cant? according to what? I never heard of this.

nutritionist is not a protected title.

I can call myself a nutritionist
    From Houston, now I am in San Diego

Registered Nurse? Or work in the healthcare? Come join
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147557373
    -=Degenerative Disc Disease Crew=-
    -=Torn Pec Crew=-

Originally Posted by DatMurse View Post

really? what qualification do you have?

I have done 2 qualifications. sports nutrition and a certificate in nutrition and diet. there is a university degree for nutrition which qualifies you.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Ghosting View Post
    Makes for good TV but I agree. Weight loss should be slow.
    i think it depends. i think that for people with morbid obesity the goal is to lose weight fast and then develop the eating and lifestyle habits to stay on a reduced calorie diet.

I have done 2 qualifications. sports nutrition and a certificate in nutrition and diet. there is a university degree for nutrition which qualifies you.
    i believe Murse was speaking hypothetically; that he does not refer to himself as a nutritionist but could if he was so inclined because no degree or certificate is required to do so.

Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    i think it depends. i think that for people with morbid obesity the goal is to lose weight fast and then develop the eating and lifestyle habits to stay on a reduced calorie diet.

i believe Murse was speaking hypothetically; that he does not refer to himself as a nutritionist but could if he was so inclined because no degree or certificate is required to do so.
    but being a certified nutritionalist is a university degree. had one in the military and have a friend doing it now

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Nutritional adviser is an unprotected title.

Nutritionist is not.

DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaele...c-association/

It doesnt matter.

other sites that have mentioned it.
    http://eatrightdc.org/dietitian-vs-nutritionist/
    http://health.usnews.com/health-news...ir-diet-advice

http://cynthiasass.com/about/nutriti...dietitian.html
    this was is from an RD posting
    There is a degree for nutrition, there is nothing that qualifies you to be legally, a nutritionist. You can be certified.

-=Torn Pec Crew=-

pwnstarz will become famous soon enough. (+50) pwnstarz will become famous soon enough. (+50) pwnstarz will become famous soon enough. (+50) pwnstarz will become famous soon enough. (+50) pwnstarz will become famous soon enough. (+50) pwnstarz will become famous soon enough. (+50) pwnstarz will become famous soon enough. (+50) pwnstarz will become famous soon enough. (+50) pwnstarz will become famous soon enough. (+50) pwnstarz will become famous soon enough. (+50) pwnstarz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
    Each day I move farther away from my "incorrect" views on nutrition and the human body.

My daughter met with her personal trainer today for the 1st time with one goal - lose weight and gain strength and muscle definition. She does need a PT for motivational purposes - she needs someone to kick her in the a$$, and I can't do that on the phone. She has tried and tried again on her own to get a routine going, but hasn't been able to.

When they got to nutrition, he told her things that I didn't think were true until I found this forum (remember I came from that lose weight do cardio less fat blah blah blah world). These are a few quotes my daughter said her trainer told her and that I've learned quickly are key:

You're not eating enough. You're messing up your metabolism be eating too few calories.
    Cheat meals - do them. Tricks the body, and also teaches you that most foods you thought were bad aren't - you won't die or be effected by them (of course, moderation).
    Having muscle will help you burn more fat than all that cardio you were trying to do. Muscle burns fat.

And to think I though I was heading in the right direction for the past 30 years. I mean, I was to a point as I have great cardio endurance and am lean. But I was working too hard at eating less and cardio more. In my case, 9 weeks into body building and I've put on about 4 pounds eating probably around 500-600 calories more per day than I was in those cardio days. Amazing what you can learn if you open you eyes.
    I count three goals, this thread is stupid. Good luck.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaele...c-association/

It doesnt matter.

other sites that have mentioned it.
    http://eatrightdc.org/dietitian-vs-nutritionist/
    http://health.usnews.com/health-news...ir-diet-advice

http://cynthiasass.com/about/nutriti...dietitian.html
    this was is from an RD posting
    There is a degree for nutrition, there is nothing that qualifies you to be legally, a nutritionist. You can be certified.
    Well in that case I am a fully qualified nutritionalist with two qualifications with two qualifications besides PT

However I would never call myself one. why? Because I believe telling people you are a nutritionalist is giving them the impression that you are an expert in something your not an expert in. Like "I am a Mediator of domestic affairs officer" AKA Stay At Home Mum. Or like a handyman telling people he is a carpenter, brick layer because he knows a little but is only a handyman.

Point remains a PT can only give out information he is qualified in or risk being sued. and over the internet if he or she does this without the proper procedure, you still can get sued.

metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by pwnstarz View Post
    And you responded to this stupid thread. Just saying. Good luck to you.

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pwnstarz View Post
    Reading comprehension not even once.
    I don't think it's the thread that's stupid here...
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrBillson View Post
    Oh I had a good chuckle. Unfortunately everyone else in the room was just blindly agreeing with him.

I think the short nutrition part of that course may have been the most frustrating thing I have ever had to endure.
    you no idea what i go through in my classes
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    What are you studying?

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You grammar much? J/k dude cottage cheese.

Seriously though with nutritionists I feel the work needs to start in schools. Other than maybe a week in biology I can't remember learning anything about nutrition in school. Between the cafeteria and the classroom the opportunity is there to really educate people early so they won't be so reluctant to believe people about saturated fats, eggs, etc when they get older and have to pay more attention to their health

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrBillson View Post
    What are you studying?
    going to school for nutrition science
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Guydreambody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guydreambody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guydreambody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guydreambody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guydreambody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guydreambody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guydreambody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guydreambody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guydreambody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guydreambody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guydreambody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Each day I move farther away from my "incorrect" views on nutrition and the human body.

My daughter met with her personal trainer today for the 1st time with one goal - lose weight and gain strength and muscle definition. She does need a PT for motivational purposes - she needs someone to kick her in the a$$, and I can't do that on the phone. She has tried and tried again on her own to get a routine going, but hasn't been able to.

When they got to nutrition, he told her things that I didn't think were true until I found this forum (remember I came from that lose weight do cardio less fat blah blah blah world). These are a few quotes my daughter said her trainer told her and that I've learned quickly are key:

You're not eating enough. You're messing up your metabolism be eating too few calories.
    Cheat meals - do them. Tricks the body, and also teaches you that most foods you thought were bad aren't - you won't die or be effected by them (of course, moderation).
    Having muscle will help you burn more fat than all that cardio you were trying to do. Muscle burns fat.

And to think I though I was heading in the right direction for the past 30 years. I mean, I was to a point as I have great cardio endurance and am lean. But I was working too hard at eating less and cardio more. In my case, 9 weeks into body building and I've put on about 4 pounds eating probably around 500-600 calories more per day than I was in those cardio days. Amazing what you can learn if you open you eyes.
    Stop listening to the trainer...its for her own good. I followed everything on this forum and benefitted.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    you like? lol
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    On Day #1 here, I thought you were all clueless muscle heads who stared in the mirror flexing (OK, not really) who ate anything they wanted and I was the "expert" because I was lean and mean.

If I put the lean world on one end of a pendulum and body building on the other, I now believe the pendulum of truth with nutrition as an overall physical and mental approach to ones self is healthier on the body building side.
    Minus the whole steroids thing
    Borussia Dortmund back-2-back Bundesliga champs

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Clearly it's not an English major you're pursuing.

Do you even spell check bro?
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

Well in that case I am a fully qualified nutritionalist with two qualifications with two qualifications besides PT

However I would never call myself one. why? Because I believe telling people you are a nutritionalist is giving them the impression that you are an expert in something your not an expert in. Like "I am a Mediator of domestic affairs officer" AKA Stay At Home Mum. Or like a handyman telling people he is a carpenter, brick layer because he knows a little but is only a handyman.

Point remains a PT can only give out information he is qualified in or risk being sued. and over the internet if he or she does this without the proper procedure, you still can get sued.
    You mean certified?
    I know it pisses me off with this ****, there are plenty of people who abuse the title. It means nothing.

I have never heard of a PT being sued for such a thing.

All of these morons who read internet articles are self proclaimed nutritionists. Now if you become an RD, thats a different story.

-=Torn Pec Crew=-

Originally Posted by InItForFitness View Post
    Clearly it's not an English major you're pursuing.

Do you even spell check bro?
    english degrees are for chumps. Opinionated subject that can SMD.

I am the kid who sucked at english and excelled at math and science.

-=Torn Pec Crew=-

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you like? lol
    I do the same thing. focus on bio/physio/nutrition.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

I am hoping to undertake a degree in nutritional science in the next few years. Just trying to build a good enough university application.