gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How do you know when to switch from bulking to cutting?

Exactly as title says. I'm feeling really flabby and uncomfortable at the moment. Actually keen to cut which is totally unlike me! Just want to see my definition again. Btw, my stats aren't current - I'm 114lb and probably closer to 21% bf.

rachelremnant will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachelremnant will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachelremnant will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachelremnant will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachelremnant will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachelremnant will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachelremnant will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachelremnant will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachelremnant will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachelremnant will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachelremnant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah I'd like to second this. My current bulking goal is either until the end of November or when I hit 25% body fat but I already feel pretty flabby at 23% body fat. Considering cutting the bulk short as I feel I've done it "wrong" and gained too fast!
    Goal = Be happy

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    how long have you been bulking for? a minimum of six months up to a year would be required to make reasonable gains. feeling 'uncomfortable' at times simply comes with the territory. if you back off the moment you step outside your comfort zone, you won't get anywhere.

that aside, if you are truly gaining too fast and it's not just in your head, bulk with a smaller surplus.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I start feeling fluffy or gastritis kicks in. But most of the times I tolerate the fluff and bulk till just before summer.

SandraPaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your strategy sounds pretty useful. Of-cause it may help to contain a positive figure meanwhile we engage in other stuffs.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    At your stats, if you are doing a slow bulk (1-2 lbs per month) and lifting properly, you should be able to handle a bulk for at least 6 months. I'd say to bulk to 120-125, but that's just me. You could always take a quick bulk 'break' for 4 weeks and drop a fast 3-4 lbs of fat before starting up again.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymming247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    At your stats, if you are doing a slow bulk (1-2 lbs per month) and lifting properly, you should be able to handle a bulk for at least 6 months. I'd say to bulk to 120-125, but that's just me. You could always take a quick bulk 'break' for 4 weeks and drop a fast 3-4 lbs of fat before starting up again.
    It's been one month and I know that is very short... But I'm new to this and it's kinda freaking me out! I have an event to be looking good for in January and I'm thinking I will cut until then and then afterwards bulk Jan onwards. I know its pathetic but I swear I look flabby ATM.

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by gymming247 View Post
    It's been one month and I know that is very short... But I'm new to this and it's kinda freaking me out! I have an event to be looking good for in January and I'm thinking I will cut until then and then afterwards bulk Jan onwards. I know its pathetic but I swear I look flabby ATM.
    Lol a month? In that time you should have only gained 2lbs at the absolute most, 1lb would be ideal. Try 4-6 months if the idea of bulking any longer is too scary. If you stop now you'll just be where you left off. You'll look flabby while bulking, there's no way around it if you want to reach your ultimate goal. In those 6 months you'll want to gain 6-10lbs.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Exactly as title says. I'm feeling really flabby and uncomfortable at the moment. Actually keen to cut which is totally unlike me! Just want to see my definition again. Btw, my stats aren't current - I'm 114lb and probably closer to 21% bf.
    Originally Posted by rachelremnant View Post
    Yeah I'd like to second this. My current bulking goal is either until the end of November or when I hit 25% body fat but I already feel pretty flabby at 23% body fat. Considering cutting the bulk short as I feel I've done it "wrong" and gained too fast!
    Unless you're going to be half naked at this winter event, buy some spanks and/or a new outfit you don't feel flabby in and carry on with your bulk. Even without the event you have coming up, expect that you may have to purchase some new clothing to keep from exaggerating a tiny bit of fluff and be comfortable. Live in yoga pants if you can. If not, don't run around in pants that cut into your midsection or are too tight over your butt and legs...of course you'll feel fatter than you are if you do that.

For me, bulking with a slight surplus goes back and forth...I'll feel flabby for a few days and just fine (maybe even surprisingly lean) on other days. My arms and shoulders still look good (not as lean but bigger, which I appreciate the look of) when I'm bulking, so I wear stuff that reminds me of that but hides the stuff I don't want to think about.

Also don't let your monthly cycle play with your head. I start retaining water, look jiggly (gut and low back) and cellulity (butt) in certain areas, gain "mystery pounds" and feel extra uncomfortable about a week before I start.

Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    Unless you're going to be half naked at this winter event, buy some spanks and/or a new outfit you don't feel flabby in and carry on with your bulk. Even without the event you have coming up, expect that you may have to purchase some new clothing to keep from exaggerating a tiny bit of fluff and be comfortable. Live in yoga pants if you can. If not, don't run around in pants that cut into your midsection or are too tight over your butt and legs...of course you'll feel fatter than you are if you do that.

For me, bulking with a slight surplus goes back and forth...I'll feel flabby for a few days and just fine (maybe even surprisingly lean) on other days. My arms and shoulders still look good (not as lean but bigger, which I appreciate the look of) when I'm bulking, so I wear stuff that reminds me of that but hides the stuff I don't want to think about.

Also don't let your monthly cycle play with your head. I start retaining water, look jiggly (gut and low back) and cellulity (butt) in certain areas, gain "mystery pounds" and feel extra uncomfortable about a week before I start.
    I'm a gymnast lol, so a leotard is practically half naked...