Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cheat meal within daily calories: effects?

Hey guys!
    Today I've had my first cheat after almost 2 months of absolute clean eating (100%).
    I are a full pint of ben&jerry's chocolate brownie fudge. Now...I don't feel guilty cause I felt like I really deserved it and cause I believe that when you cheat you gotta do it well! However...I have a curiosity.
    Basically I'm bulking at 2400 cal ~ (not counting anymore but I kinda go by eye). Today I managed to fit this benandjerry's pint (1050 kcal) into my daily calorie intake. The only difference was that I had more fats than usual and more sugar (>100gr) but still lower carbs than I usually do and bit less proteins. The question is: if I fit it into my daily intake, will the cheat meal affect my body, my fat % or my body weight? I'm not worried about it but I'm trying to understand what happens if you fit ****ty foods into your calories. Hope I'll get good answers omg it was so worth it but I kinda feel sick right now haha

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's very likely that the "cheat" meal improved the quality of your diet, as you seem to at least suffer from acute orthorexia and likely comorbid eating disorders.

Please talk to your parents about getting you the help you so clearly need.

TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    It's very likely that the "cheat" meal improved the quality of your diet, as you seem to at least suffer from acute orthorexia and likely comorbid eating disorders.

Please talk to your parents about getting you the help you so clearly need.
    What? I do not have an eating disorder. Jesus Christ.

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TearsOfIce View Post
    What? I do not have an eating disorder. Jesus Christ.
    Please talk to your parents as your posts imply that you are suffering from disordered eating and, at just 16 years of age, it's very important that you get proper treatment.

Please talk to your parents as your posts imply that you are suffering from disordered eating and, at just 16 years of age, it's very important that you get proper treatment.
    I've stopped counting calories cause I was LIKELY to get one. I have no problems now. Just asked a question. I'm just a girl who tries to eat as clean as possible. You mad..?

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I eat ice cream everyday and have had no ill effects what so ever just enjoy life and if you fit it in your macros its not a cheat is it?

Originally Posted by SuperHippo View Post
    I eat ice cream everyday and have had no ill effects what so ever just enjoy life and if you fit it in your macros its not a cheat is it?
    Well, not sure about that. Why would people just eat chicken and broccoli then? There's surely a difference between 1000 calories of rice and chicken, and 1000 calorie of ben&jerry. That's my question :P

dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, not sure about that. Why would people just eat chicken and broccoli then? There's surely a difference between 1000 calories of rice and chicken, and 1000 calorie of ben&jerry. That's my question :P
    Sure. Just off the top of my head the chicken/broccoli would probably be rich in protein and fiber. Ben Jerry's will have a lot of fat and sugar.

So going off these assumptions if you eat 1000 cals of Ben and Jerry's you probably get most of those from sugar/fat. At the end of the day it might now be very difficult to meet your macros for the day and also stay under your calorie limit.

Not sure if that answers your question, but that's how I would look at it.

Originally Posted by dgrierms View Post
    Sure. Just off the top of my head the chicken/broccoli would probably be rich in protein and fiber. Ben Jerry's will have a lot of fat and sugar.

So going off these assumptions if you eat 1000 cals of Ben and Jerry's you probably get most of those from sugar/fat. At the end of the day it might now be very difficult to meet your macros for the day and also stay under your calorie limit.

Not sure if that answers your question, but that's how I would look at it.
    Yeah got it, but do you think that if I only did this today, it can somehow ruin two months of clean eating? I didn't fit it into my macros cause there' way too much sugar and saturated fats in these, but it does fit into my calories. To gain weight, you need to be in a calories surplus....I'm not. So what's gonna happen? This is really confusing for me

Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The macronutrient content in 1000 calories from rice and chicken would be a lot different then 1000 calories of ice cream. That does not mean chicken and rice> ice cream.

It is all about moderation. 100% clean is what uninformed people think is healthy. They label certain foods as "clean" or "dirty" either to fit their agenda or because they are blindly following what other uninformed people say. All of my family and friends are aware I am taking my nutrition and exercising very seriously but they still ask "why are you eating cookies or ice cream etc etc". What they don't ask before that is "have you met your macros and micros today? Or do you plan to meet them.

My point is most every food be it "dirty" or "clean" can have a place in a well balanced diet. A food one might label dirty will not necessarily hinder ones goals. You need to look at the diet as a whole to see if it is healthy or unhealthy. Obviously if all you ate was ice cream, french fries, cookies and drank pop all day it would not be healthy. But if you ate all your veggies, fruit, meat, nuts/seeds etc and then you decide to have a few hundred calories of a food you label "dirty" it will NOT in anyway hinder your goals.

Eating 1000 calories of ice cream once in a while isn't going to make a difference in your overall diet. Picture it as a blip on a graph of 1000's of days. You don't even notice it. But think about this for a second, if you had a few hundred calories of ice cream (about 1/2- 1 cup of ice cream probably) every day would you feel the need to binge eat a whole tub? I'd guess no.

I would suggest to eat the "clean" foods and also enjoy the "dirty" foods. I would even further suggest to take those labels off of the foods and eat a well balanced diet. Do that and exercise. At your age I don't think it is that necessary to count calories. The reason being is calculated your TDEE is going to be very difficult because you are still growing.

WonderPug may be right. You seem to be developing some sort of eating disorder. But you can change very easily once you realize there are no "dirty" or "clean" foods. Just foods and a whole diet.

Oh also drink plenty of water.

dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I hesitate to answer questions like this because I'm still trying to learn, but I don't think there is any way in seven hells that it ruins two months of effort. You're fine in that regard.

You have to eat a calories surplus for a long time (not even going to try and define that). Eating a surplus one day every two months should be fine.

Yeah got it, but do you think that if I only did this today, it can somehow ruin two months of clean eating?
    Please consider talking to your parents about your food issues. You're only 16 years old and you clearly need help. Urgently so, in fact.

libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've stopped counting calories cause I was LIKELY to get one. I have no problems now. Just asked a question. I'm just a girl who tries to eat as clean as possible. You mad..?
    You realise that by saying youre bulk is 2400 and ben and jerrys = 1050. You've just counted calories right?
    ** Forever Cutting Crew**

Squat: 375lbs
    Bench: 253lbs
    Deads: 485lbs

Originally Posted by Kadri43fan View Post
    The macronutrient content in 1000 calories from rice and chicken would be a lot different then 1000 calories of ice cream. That does not mean chicken and rice> ice cream.

It is all about moderation. 100% clean is what uninformed people think is healthy. They label certain foods as "clean" or "dirty" either to fit their agenda or because they are blindly following what other uninformed people say. All of my family and friends are aware I am taking my nutrition and exercising very seriously but they still ask "why are you eating cookies or ice cream etc etc". What they don't ask before that is "have you met your macros and micros today? Or do you plan to meet them.

My point is most every food be it "dirty" or "clean" can have a place in a well balanced diet. A food one might label dirty will not necessarily hinder ones goals. You need to look at the diet as a whole to see if it is healthy or unhealthy. Obviously if all you ate was ice cream, french fries, cookies and drank pop all day it would not be healthy. But if you ate all your veggies, fruit, meat, nuts/seeds etc and then you decide to have a few hundred calories of a food you label "dirty" it will NOT in anyway hinder your goals.

Eating 1000 calories of ice cream once in a while isn't going to make a difference in your overall diet. Picture it as a blip on a graph of 1000's of days. You don't even notice it. But think about this for a second, if you had a few hundred calories of ice cream (about 1/2- 1 cup of ice cream probably) every day would you feel the need to binge eat a whole tub? I'd guess no.

I would suggest to eat the "clean" foods and also enjoy the "dirty" foods. I would even further suggest to take those labels off of the foods and eat a well balanced diet. Do that and exercise. At your age I don't think it is that necessary to count calories. The reason being is calculated your TDEE is going to be very difficult because you are still growing.

WonderPug may be right. You seem to be developing some sort of eating disorder. But you can change very easily once you realize there are no "dirty" or "clean" foods. Just foods and a whole diet.

Oh also drink plenty of water.
    That WonderPug is pissing me off a little. I'm not developing any eating disorder. Yeah you're right, I could eat some icecream everyday but I prefer to do it like this. I don't eat crappy foods simply cause I don't feel that I need them. The only reason I ate this jar of icecream was cause I wanted to try this Ben&jerry everyone in the U.S. is talking about. Here in Italy we don't even know what it is. I don't feel like I need icecream everyday, I could eat only broccoli for the rest of my life and be fine with it. I was just WONDERING if it can somehow affect what I did this months since I ate the whole thing in a single meal. I'm not worried, whats done i done. I don't feel guilty: I enjoyed this damn icecream. But the question i another one....

I also said I'm not counting calories anymore. It was a huge tep for me since I was getting to obsessed. I just wanna gain some weight without gaining too much fat. That's it. Omg it seems like in this forum I can't even ask a normal question and everyone says I've got food issues.

unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Please consider talking to your parents about your food issues. You're only 16 years old and you clearly need help. Urgently so, in fact.
    Indeed. Sorry, OP, but if you don't have the self-awareness to see how problematic your thinking is ('would a pint of ice cream ruin 2 months of "clean eating"?') -- then you are probably pretty deeply entrenched in your psychologically unhealthy relationship with food.
    Started 2012 at over 410lbs (that was as high as my scale went) and I ended the year at 260lbs.

Still going strong while eating whatever I want - whenever I want; I just keep it to under 2000 calories a day.

TEAM IIFYC (if it fits your calories)

Originally Posted by libtolu View Post
    You realise that by saying youre bulk is 2400 and ben and jerrys = 1050. You've just counted calories right?
    Mate, you didn't read well. I stopped weighin stuff and counting but I STILL GO BY EYE, otherwise I would probably be in a calorie deficit all the time and I can't allow myself to lose more weight!!

Originally Posted by unleashthelion View Post
    Indeed. Sorry, OP, but if you don't have the self-awareness to see how problematic your thinking is ('would a pint of ice cream ruin 2 months of "clean eating"?') -- then you are probably pretty deeply entrenched in your psychologically unhealthy relationship with food.
    It's just personal curiosity, I'm not goin crazy. I don't care! I just wanna learn more about nutrition. Im sorry....holy god

unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Mate, you didn't read well. I stopped weighin stuff and counting but I STILL GO BY EYE, otherwise I would probably be in a calorie deficit all the time and I can't allow myself to lose more weight!!
    Or you could stop controlling and measuring (regardless of the method) your energy consumption, homeostasis will take over, and you will stop losing weight.

Edit: It's a personal curiosity that is revealing of some deeper issues; ask yourself this, why would you think that 1000 calories of ice cream could possibly "ruin 2 months of clean eating"? Think about such a question for a moment and ask yourself if that is just a normal question or if it reflects some mixed up thoughts about nutrition.
    Started 2012 at over 410lbs (that was as high as my scale went) and I ended the year at 260lbs.

Still going strong while eating whatever I want - whenever I want; I just keep it to under 2000 calories a day.

It's very sad to see someone so young who is rapidly descending down the path of disordered eating.

Intervention at this stage would likely result in a good outcome, but the prognosis deteriorates as the disease progresses.

Hopefully, her parents will take notice and take proper action.

Or you could stop controlling and measuring (regardless of the method) your energy consumption, homeostasis will take over, and you will stop losing weight.
    what? if I don't eat enough I lose weight. Is mathemathics. If I don't at least count by eye, I would probably eat half of what I need. I know myself.

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Potato thread.

1 - if you are 16 and trying to eat 100% 'clean' then you DO have an eating disorder.

2 - there is nothing wrong with a diet high in fat and sugar, a long as you are active and not consuming excessive calories.

Originally Posted by MrBillson View Post
    Potato thread.

1 - if you are 16 and trying to eat 100% 'clean' then you DO have an eating disorder.
    wtf? I eat clean cause I like clean stuff and cause it's healthy. It' not a sacrifice for me. Eating clean doesnt mean not eating enough.

BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100)
    Because it fits into your calories you should be fine OP. Only thing is tommorow your chits are gonna be funky, and your performance will suffer for a day. Other then that you really can eat whatever you want.

Again Chits and performance will suffer.
    I am proud of you for sticking to that clean diet. I do the same =)
    Fapping is like food... It shouldn't be enjoyed as a reward, but rather a means to not kill yourself.
    Progress Not Perfection
    Clean Eating: The premise to success, for the occult of the aesthetic.
    Clean Eating: When you cook your own meals, because you care about the specifics of your diet.
    Garlic, is as good as ten mothers.
    Hit Me Up (Contact me)
    Instagram: ModelTreyJacques
    www.********.com/ModelTreyJacques
    Haters click here -> www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zs-7md3MTA

If I don't at least count by eye, I would probably eat half of what I need. I know myself.
    Again, proper professional treatment can help you greatly.

wtf? I eat clean cause I like clean stuff and cause it's healthy. It' not a sacrifice for me. Eating clean doesnt mean not eating enough.
    No, you may like eating "clean stuff" but you don't like eating 100% clean -- as evidenced by your choice to eat ice cream last night. It is a sacrifice, as evidenced by your need to consume a whole pint of ice cream, last night, after abstaining from it for 2 months.

"Clean stuff" is not "healthy" and ice cream is not 'unhealthy'.

You're seriously pissing me off right now.

CAN ANYONE ANWER THE QUESTIONS OR SHOULD I KEEP READING ABOUT HOW BAD THE EATING DISORDER I DON'T HAVE IS?

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Firstly, the fact that you even think of food as clean and dirty shows a serious lack of nutritional knowledge.

Secondly, I never said you weren't eating enough. What I am saying is that for a person of your age you clearly have a very unhealthy attitude towards food and body image.

Whether you think so or not, you very clearly have an eating disorder, even if you are only in the early stages.

Originally Posted by MrBillson View Post
    Firstly, the fact that you even think of food as clean and dirty shows a serious lack of nutritional knowledge.

Secondly, I never said you weren't eating enough. What I am saying is that for a person of your age you clearly have a very unhealthy attitude towards food and body image.

Whether you think so or not, you very clearly have an eating disorder, even if you are only in the early stages.
    Unhealthy attitude? I'm probably the healthiest girl of all the people I know. I just asked a question, and IT'S TRUE, THERE'S A LACK OF NUTRITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, but you know why? because people don't aswer to my questions and just keep Saying bull**** like now.

Oh gosh im tired of all of you. Thank you to those who answered properly, maybe another website will help me more. Bye

BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100)
    Why,
    Why Wonderpug...
    Why do you always bash folks who eat clean for the sheer benefit of feeling great.
    You and your bandwagons' logic is below rudimentary. Half of the time, your logic seems to encourage average behavior.

Why don't you understand that people eat 'clean' because it makes them feel good.
    On the contrary, lots of people eat w/e they want and feel fine, however un aware of what it's like to have a clean belly.

Honestly wonderpug, you should join another forum. Every single post I read from you, rustles my jimmies.
    You are a narcissist.

Eating clean has been the best change of lifestyle for me.
    Fapping is like food... It shouldn't be enjoyed as a reward, but rather a means to not kill yourself.
    Progress Not Perfection
    Clean Eating: The premise to success, for the occult of the aesthetic.
    Clean Eating: When you cook your own meals, because you care about the specifics of your diet.
    Garlic, is as good as ten mothers.
    Hit Me Up (Contact me)
    Instagram: ModelTreyJacques
    www.********.com/ModelTreyJacques
    Haters click here -> www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zs-7md3MTA