SpartanEli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any good mass gain programs that dont have you work chest and legs on the same day

A lot of people recommend 5x5 programs but I see stuff like Monday-chest, shoulder,legs. Etc. I've been taught better by the old school football coaches enough to know that you don't workout two major muscle groups on the same day. I'd prefer a program that has me workout Mon-Fri and gets legs and chest separately twice a week. Ex. Mon-legs, Tue-chest...Thurs-legs. Any suggestions? I'm trying to gain 50+lbs by the middle of my Senior year of high school while I am now a Junior.

riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SpartanEli View Post
    A lot of people recommend 5x5 programs but I see stuff like Monday-chest, shoulder,legs. Etc. I've been taught better by the old school football coaches enough to know that you don't workout two major muscle groups on the same day. I'd prefer a program that has me workout Mon-Fri and gets legs and chest separately twice a week. Ex. Mon-legs, Tue-chest...Thurs-legs. Any suggestions? I'm trying to gain 50+lbs by the middle of my Senior year of high school while I am now a Junior.
    Why are you so sure that the coaches are right? Since I switched from a 5 day split (wasted a year doing this) to a 3 day a week full-body 5x5 routine, I have made much better progress. Food for thought.
    Disregard Cardio, Acquire Muscle

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Your coach knows absolutely nothing.

Heres the routine that has built more pro football players than any other:

Bill Starr’s 5X5 Routine In Its Original Form
    Monday – Heavy
    Power cleans – 5 sets of 5
    Bench – 5 sets of 5 1ื10 weight from 3rd set (add 10 rep sets after 8-12 weeks on program)
    Squats – 5 sets of 5 1ื10 weight from 3rd set
    (set 1 35% of target set 2 70% of target set 3 80% of target set 4 90% of target set 5 target)

Wednesday – Light
    Incline Bench – 5 sets of 5 1ื10 weight from 3rd set
    Squats – 5 sets of 5 1ื10 weight from 3rd set set 5 use weight from 3rd set of Monday

Friday – Medium
    Overhead press – 5 sets of 5 1ื10 weight from 3rd set
    Squats – 5 sets of 5 1ื10 weight from 3rd set set 5 use weight from 3rd set of Monday set 5 use weight 4th set of Monday

There's more to it than just that, like how to weight the days but Notice the working of the entire body every workout three times a week. This is just one of many very effective programs that look very much like this.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you have much to learn

Originally Posted by BenD4Me View Post
    you have much to learn
    Okay I will humble myself and ask which is the best 5x5 to get t my goal or at least close to it given I have proper nutrition

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Your coach knows absolutely nothing.

Heres the routine that has built more pro football players than any other:

Bill Starr’s 5X5 Routine In Its Original Form
    Monday – Heavy
    Bench – 5 sets of 5 1ื10 weight from 3rd set (add 10 rep sets after 8-12 weeks on program)
    Squats – 5 sets of 5 1ื10 weight from 3rd set
    (set 1 35% of target set 2 70% of target set 3 80% of target set 4 90% of target set 5 target)

Wednesday – Light
    Incline Bench – 5 sets of 5 1ื10 weight from 3rd set
    Squats – 5 sets of 5 1ื10 weight from 3rd set set 5 use weight from 3rd set of Monday

Friday – Medium
    Overhead press – 5 sets of 5 1ื10 weight from 3rd set
    Squats – 5 sets of 5 1ื10 weight from 3rd set set 5 use weight from 3rd set of Monday set 5 use weight 4th set of Monday

There's more to it than just that, like how to weight the days but Notice the working of the entire body every workout three times a week. This is just one of many very effective programs that look very much like this.
    This is my way of asking you the same thing I asked ben