MasterWong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Help for a D-End

My problem is that I frequently lose the outside contain, which is pretty pathetic because it's my main and only responsibility.

Most of the time I get bumped out of the play by the o-linemen or the thight end. Even worse, sometimes I just get hold there or drive back by the offensive player. The only thing that ALWAYS work to get past a linemen is the spin move, but my coach told me to get this one out of my mind *because you have no idea what the **** is happening behind you.*

So does someone know any exercices I can do on my own as a defensive end, cause the only drills I could find on google require to have a partner.

StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000)
    Whats going to help the most for the future is to get bigger and stronger, but I also played DE in high school at around your weight at the varsity level and was fairly successful. You have to focus on staying low and using leverage against your opponent. You also have to work on your explosiveness off the snap as taking the first step before he does is crucial. Step hard and low right to his outside hip getting your shoulder there if possible, stay low and peel off when the time is right. Good luck.
    -THE PACK BARBELL CLUB-
    -MISC BJJ CREW-

"My heart and my soul will be the fuel to carry my body when my limbs are to weary. I will never falter, I will never lose focus as long as there is hope in my mind and my heart still beats. I will never give in to the evil that is weakness and I will fight that evil with my dying breath."

Best Meet Lifts - 518/314/640= 1472 @ 165
    Best Gym Lifts - 535/315/640= 1490 @ 173-175

MasterWong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 155 pounds right now, but I intended to bulk to 175 by Jun or July. Do you think it's realistic ?

StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MasterWong View Post
    I'm 155 pounds right now, but I intended to bulk to 175 by Jun or July. Do you think it's realistic ?
    Just lift heavy, train hard, and eat big. Don't worry about exact numbers.
    -THE PACK BARBELL CLUB-
    -MISC BJJ CREW-

"My heart and my soul will be the fuel to carry my body when my limbs are to weary. I will never falter, I will never lose focus as long as there is hope in my mind and my heart still beats. I will never give in to the evil that is weakness and I will fight that evil with my dying breath."

Best Meet Lifts - 518/314/640= 1472 @ 165
    Best Gym Lifts - 535/315/640= 1490 @ 173-175

thesavagepony is not very helpful. (-500) thesavagepony is not very helpful. (-500) thesavagepony is not very helpful. (-500) thesavagepony is not very helpful. (-500) thesavagepony is not very helpful. (-500) thesavagepony is not very helpful. (-500) thesavagepony is not very helpful. (-500) thesavagepony is not very helpful. (-500) thesavagepony is not very helpful. (-500) thesavagepony is not very helpful. (-500) thesavagepony is not very helpful. (-500)
    IF you coach and defense allows for it, if a o lineman is pulling toward you and you dont think getting low will stop him from pushing out of the play, just dodge him. At the last second, just side step and watch the guy fall.

This works for passing too. Step inward toward the ball, and then immeadiately step to the outside of where the ball is and do a swim, spin, or just rush the qb from there. The o lineman knows when the hike is but you can **** him over on pass rushing if you are fast.

Just practice speed off the snap and getting low to defend a pulling lineman.
    I Am Best Natural Athlete Long Time Dedicated: 9 Months of Lifting With Little Amount of Breaks
    Left Handed Master Race Crew
    [*TrapShoulders Crew*]
    Badass Scar Crew
    Arrogant Crew
    Self Important Crew
    I would hurt you so bad if you step to me irl because I don't estat unlike you

My Pussy is wetter than a rain forest

-=Future True Natty King under construction=-

The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I played DE too and had the same problem. Work on your lateral speed. I'm sure your coach has told you to "square" the edge plenty of times and to not rush in there just because you get a free release. Exercises to get over being over powered by O linemen: Sled or prowler pushes, squat up to at least 2 times your body weight, dumbbell presses to give you upper body strength to shed blocks and build a strong core. Abs, lower back, glutes in particular.
    I must break you.

3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm 15 turning 16 (10th grade)like you im 6 ft 3 245 my coach always tells us to go on the snap not the count. once you see that ball twitch fire off. Somethings I did to work on my strength and core was weighted pushups with 120 lbs in a bag x 10. I've never done bench press before so I don't know how much I would be able to bench (if anyone could translate 365lbs in pushups to a bench press that would be nice)
    My biggest trouble is getting them when they run wide what can I do?

I'm at around 15-18 percent bodyfat and I'm hoping I grow another 2 inches so then I could gain around 15-20 pounds of muscle and increase my bench press once I start
    If I reach these goals by the 11th grade is it realistic that I could play D1 football?
    Last edited by 3flips6; 11-08-2013 at 12:07 PM.

EvBol will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvBol will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvBol will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvBol will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvBol will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvBol will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvBol will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvBol will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvBol will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvBol will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvBol will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Watch the offensive tackles hip. If you see him take a step towards you, assume it's a run play and act accordingly. If he steps back into a pass set, go for a pass rush. If he goes for a zone block and steps towards your interior dline-man, replace his spot and be aware of the mesh point.

Figure that out and you'll do great
    Bulking 5ever

Canadian Oilfield brah, PM me if interested

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good advice above"work on your lateral speed.
    Got be strong when you engage.
    Pushing a car might help,power cleans to help explode up into the lineman you face.
    Incline pressing with dumbbells palms facing grip could help.
    DE is a tough position compared to interior linemen,when you make a mistake it is very noticeable.
    Good luck to you.