PeteM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Calling all endo-bulkers......need your advice/experience!!

ok, did the keto thing for a week.....it SUCKED!!!! might be good for cutting/keeping muscle, but i couldnt deal with the crappy workouts (no energy....NO pumps.....no STRENGTH!!!). It finally became evident to me that i have lost 70 lbs....i'm at around 11% BF, Fcuk all this cutting shiet, i want muscles!!!!!! i mean, i'm at 153lbs LBM, and even if i DO get down to 8% BF, i'm gonna look rediculous as an endomorph (wide waist/shoulders) with such small arms at such a low body fat, so i've decicded to just bulk!!!!

HOWEVER!! I am REALLY scared of getting too fat during my bulk. i eat only low glycemic carbs (except post workout) and eat no junk food whatsoever. i eat very clean. howe ver, i'm still afraid that i might be eating too much clean foood. i just want to get some advice from some endomorphs who might have had a really clean bulk with minimal body fat increases. so i can learn from others experiences rather than making a ton of mistakes myself. so if you've had experience as an endomorphic bulker, please chime in. i'd appreciate it

thanx
    -Pete
    PS: here's a sample days diet!!!

meal 1: 2 scoops of whey with 2 cups skim milk
    BIG BOWL (like 2 cups) of Kashi cereal

Meal 2: turkey burger on whole wheat bun

meal 3: chicken sausage on whole grain bread

Snack (about an hour after meal 3): 2 scoops of whey w/ 2 cups of skim milk

Post workout: 2 scoops of whey protein
    1 scoop of optimum nutritions pre-load creatine (34g of dextrose)

meal 4: 3-4 chicken breasts
    big salad (or broccoli)
    couple peices of fruit for dessert

bedtime: 2 scoops of protein w/ skim milk

.......how does that diet sound guys. is it too many calories for a clean bulk??? i'm trying not to count calories (cause i've been counting calories for 6 months of cutting.....i need a break) but if you notice anything that stands out as an obvious source for body fat storage, please let me know i'd appreciate the help
    dedication + strength + passion=SUCCESS!

Cutting SUX!!!! now i BULK!!!! goddamn i hope i dont get fat again

philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi PeteM

Being in the same boat as you, in terms of metabolism I have found the only way to go is to eat as clean as you can and avoid all junk and refined foods.

I personally would lose all that bread and maybe that kashi cereal, if it is in any way refined and replace it with porridge (oatmeal) and brown rice. Basically if it's in any way refined don't touch it, for example pasta is ok for some, but not for us, bread too is way too refined a carb and so we need to stick with very basic carbs, rice, sweet potatoes/yams and porridge.

Never heard of turkey sausage, but it sounds refined, I would ditch it and eat turkey/chicken or lean steak instead. Same goes for turkey burger. To me burger means its' been buggered with, replace with proper meat.

To keep yourself sane a cheat meal here and there should be ok, I mean you are bulking! Enjoy! Don't overdo it though or risk looking like the attached pic.

Take it or leave it mate, but that's what I have found.

philcat
    Attached Images

Virginity is like a balloon
    One Prick
    And it's gone!

philcat

see, i was under the impression that whole grain bread and whole wheat bread were low GI and did not cause an insulin spike like white bread.

what about getting a package of lean turkey/chicken meat and making my own turkey/chicken burgers?? would that be coool???

philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know if this is ok, but will post it anyway.

http://www.sksports.co.uk/acatalog/_sk_nutrition.php

It's a link to GI values of certain carbs, bread be it brown, white or wholemeal is all the same, you may as well spoon sugar down!

If you make your own burgers you are refining the food, concentrating it, making it easier to eat more, why not just eat turkey/chicken breast?

As I said before as an ex-fatty, it's up to you, but I have found staying away from ANY type of refined food really helps.

This is me attached, at about 8% bodyfat and I used to be closer to 30%. I need another 4% off in 5 weeks to compete, wish me luck!

philcat
    Attached Images

One Prick
    And it's gone!

philcat

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by philcat
    ....bread be it brown, white or wholemeal is all the same, you may as well spoon sugar down!
    Not really... It is highly variable and depends on what flour the bread is made from, how much kibbled or whole grains and seeds it has in it, what type of rising agent was used, what other ingredients are present and a truck load of other variables.

WHOLEMEAL bread made with PLAIN FLOUR is not the same as a DENSE GRAIN bread made with WHOLEGRAIN flour. Same goes for pumpernickel bread or a good rye sourdough.

Check out:
    www.mendosa.com and click on FOOD, GI-GL lists for a more extensive list of the GIs of different types of breads.

Yeah sure I agree, some bread is better than others, but ultimately it is quite highly refined, unless you bake it yourself. It's full of stuff to make you want more, so I say for us fatties stay away from it. Just my opinion, but it works for me.

philcat

One Prick
    And it's gone!

philcat

ultramuscle22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by philcat
    Yeah sure I agree, some bread is better than others, but ultimately it is quite highly refined, unless you bake it yourself. It's full of stuff to make you want more, so I say for us fatties stay away from it. Just my opinion, but it works for me.

philcat
    yeah, i'd stay away from it just to be safe.

Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I gain weight easily. My advice is to keep your eye on the scale and if you have to count calories. I've found that counting calories is the only way for me to control my eating. I know the basic calorie content of any food I encounter and I can give you within 50 calories on any given day my calorie intake for that day (unless it's a cheat day in which case I just don't give a damn - I have one of these at least a week).

Basing my food intake on "feeling satisfied" after two decades of eating whenever I wanted as a kid has proven itself time and time again impossible. Without numbers I lose.

CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hey pete,

sounds like we have/had similar bodytypes. i gain fat and muscle easily, but losing fat is slow as hell. something that i did that made a big difference in my diet was eliminating milk. i take my whey with water and that way i knock out about 15g+ of sugar per shake. just something ya might wanna experiment with, depending on yer goals!

cheers
    CPizzle

imme elecjet is on a distinguished road. (+10) imme elecjet is on a distinguished road. (+10) imme elecjet is on a distinguished road. (+10) imme elecjet is on a distinguished road. (+10) imme elecjet is on a distinguished road. (+10) imme elecjet is on a distinguished road. (+10) imme elecjet is on a distinguished road. (+10) imme elecjet is on a distinguished road. (+10) imme elecjet is on a distinguished road. (+10) imme elecjet is on a distinguished road. (+10) imme elecjet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah but milk sugar is diffrent it digestes slower then other sugars if u ate an apple u it raise insulin fast because it digests quickly but milk sugar doesnt digest that fast same with yougurt or any other dairy its diffrent sugar being in a diabetic family i know so cutting out milk wont matter also milks great for endo morph or any morph its the perfect ratio of carbs to protien and if its skim even better
    obsession is the word used by lazy motha f-cking people

thanx for the help guys.

the bread i've been eating is pepperidge farm whole grain bread. it's made with whole wheat flour, and has lots of nuts and seeds and goodies in it. i figured it was very healthy. but i can try the brown rice thing. and the cereal is DEFINATLY out.....fro now on it's oatmeal for me!!!

and the milk i'm definatly not cutting out, milk sugars digest slowly and it's perfect for my protein shakes in the morning and before bed to slow the digestion of the proteins plus it's full of the vitamins and minerals my body needs to grow strong

well, tommorow morning i'm going to do my first body measurements since my bulking started (weight/body fat). i really really hope i havent put on any significant fat. wish me luck

-pete

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by imme elecjet
    yeah but milk sugar is diffrent it digestes slower then other sugars if u ate an apple u it raise insulin fast because it digests quickly but milk sugar doesnt digest that fast same with yougurt or any other dairy its diffrent sugar being in a diabetic family i know so cutting out milk wont matter also milks great for endo morph or any morph its the perfect ratio of carbs to protien and if its skim even better
    Just on side note - apples are low GI, being that the carbohydrate is largely fructose. This means that they do not spike your insulin either.

Just try to stick to real whole, 'clean' foods (less processing the better) and you generally can not go wrong.