Registered User RubberBandMan30's Avatar
    RubberBandMan30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help with my workout and nutrition.

This may be long, but any help would be much appreciated by those of you that know your stuff.

Anyways, around this time last year I started working out for my school sport and got up to a weight of around 208 lbs. I had started at around 188 lbs. and was pretty lean at 208 lbs. with probably 13% BF by April. My lifts were at an all time high with being able to bench press 268 lbs. for 5 reps with my squat at 405 lbs. for 3 reps. I was also the most explosive I had ever been with my 40 yard dash time dropping down considerably. Unfortunately, once we started conditioning for football (100m sprints with passing leagues) my muscle mass began to drop, as it usually does when I run for an extended period of time.

Fast forward to the end of the season during November of 2006 were I was a scant 190ish lbs. or so. Almost all of the hard work I had to put into was gone as I was smaller then before, but I necessarily hadn't cut as my abs were still not visible. During the holiday season I was sick often and hadn't hit the gym hard since mid-season thus, I had dropped down to about 180. I was completely miserable as I looked like the average skinny kid, yet I was flabby enough to warrant being insecure if I took my shirt off. I also was not eating like I had been during the spring or season for that matter. I decided that my football days are pretty much over and that I might just want to concentrate on getting big and ripped just to improve my appearance.

In the beginning of January I began to get back on a better diet, but I was still very unorganized and undisciplined with my lifting routines. Last spring I had a great split running springs or stadiums for 45 minutes and then heading into the gym MTThF with Wednesday off. I've decided that I'd like to once again build a body that I can be proud of, but I'm having trouble really figuring out what's going on.

My body type is an odd one in that I'm not naturally as low a BF % as every other guy out there, and my muscles aren't as developed or prominent. I have a defined lower body, but my upper body always makes me look thin or rigid. Too make matters worse, I have a mild case of gyno which makes my chest area look even worse when I am skinny. I'm back on a pretty good diet geared towards a clean bulk, but it may require more tweaking. That's where you guys come in. My goals are to get back up to around 205, and get down to a CUT 200. Even this will make me look somewhat thin on my 6' frame, but it seems like the perfect weight to cut but still have mass at the same time. I'll post up some pictures of I currently look like, along with my program. Thanks everyone who takes the time to help me out!

Here is my nutritional plan:

8:00 AM ? Wake up and get ready

8:30 AM ? Breakfast
    - Eggs (1 Yolk, 4 Whites) Oats (1 Cup) Fruit (1 piece of fruit) Toast (1 Pieces with one TBSP of PB)

11:00 - Meal 2 (Take BCAA)
    - Need help with this one (I was thinking Tuna/Turkey/Chicken/PBJ Sandwich and Small Salad but that might be a little much)

12:45 - Lunch
    - Turkey Sandwich/Wheat Noodles and Chicken, Bowl of Fruit and Non-Fat Yogurt

1:30 - Protein Shake (water) and NO-Xplode

2:30 - Cardio at school track and on field (Warm up, 6 60 yard sprints, 5 stadium sprints)

3:00 - Lifting at school gym

5:30 - Weight Gainer Shake (Non-Fat Milk) and Piece of fruit

7:00 - Dinner
    - Salmon/Chicken/Turkey/Pasta/Steak, Green Beans, Brown Rice and Yam

10:00 - Protein Shake (Non-Fat Milk)

And my workout plan:

Monday:
    Squat 5x5
    Clean 4x5
    Deadlift 4x5
    DB Lunge 3x8
    Lat Pulldown 3x8
    Closegrip Pullup 4x5
    Upright Rows 4x5
    Hammer Curls 3x10
    EZ-Bar Curls 3x10

Tuesday:
    Bench Press 5x5
    Push Press 4x5
    DB Incline 3x8
    DB Shoulder 4x6
    Skull Crusher 3x10
    Weighted Dips 3x12
    Rope Pulldown 3x10
    Side Raises 3x12
    Reverse Chop 3x12

Thursday:
    Same as Monday except Hang Cleans replace Power Cleans and Roman Deadlift replaces Deadlift. BB Rows replace Lat Pulldowns and Incline Curls and Barbell curls replace the other types of curls. Widegrip pullups are added as well

Friday:
    Same as Tuesday except Wide grip Incline press replaces DB Incline.

And finally some (bad) pics:

Side: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/...60575

Front 1:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/...60582

Front 2:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/...60598
    Last edited by RubberBandMan30; 02-22-2007 at 04:44 PM.
    "I don't play around, I ball"

Also, if I'm skinny fat right now, do I have to trim down my BF if I want to clean bulk and have a low BF?

JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude dont confuse your self. Your not skinny fat. Your just a minor endomorph. I am was skinny fat. 6 foot 155 pounds 33% bf, and people thought I looked skinny, couldnt even open a jar of pickles. Your routine blows. read this, and if u have any questions what so ever please lemme know.

Ok dude heres the deal. First of u cant actually tuen fat into muscle. Now most fat(unless its cellulite) is stored calories, and calories happen to be the fuel of muscles. But you cant actually phyiscally replace fat with muscle. Every pound of msucle burns 60 caloires a day as maintince, and u can gain muscle and loose fat at the same time, but thats it. As for a workout do rippetoes. It is the best for basic mass, and for begginers and has amazing results. Here is the rippetoes link:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw52.htm

Now on this you can do light cardio 3 times a week but I would NOT recomend it at all. I would bulk first get to a size your happy with, then cut to a shape your happy with. Since the fuel for msucle is calorioes and the core of loosing weight is cutting calories or doing cardio to burn calories, its is very difficult to do both at the same time. Also you need to take some basic supplments and only them. They are: whey protein, SPORT multi vitamen, and a fishoil. Also here is a lsit of the BB'ing foods:

tuna
    salmon
    turkey
    lean beef
    chicken
    eggs
    nuts
    cheese
    yogurt
    milk
    cottage cheese
    avocados
    brown rice
    oats
    whole wheat?s
    white potatoes
    sweet potatoes
    sunflower oil
    conalola oil
    olive oil
    spinach
    cale
    carrots

You need to rember this is alot of hardwork. From now on yous hould do your own research, you have to NEED this. Good Luck!!!
    "Love is a stronger emotion then hate, and I'm all about strength."
    -Big Mike (defending Celine Dion as his choice of workout music).

JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RubberBandMan30 View Post
    Also, if I'm skinny fat right now, do I have to trim down my BF if I want to clean bulk and have a low BF?
    You need fat/calories for msucle. Bulk to the size you want then cut. read this:

You have to eat a surplus of claories and protein to gain some mass. If u dont u wont gain **** man. The majority of your time should be spent bulking if u wanna gain size/strength. Now when you do this you also gain a little chub with all that muscle. So of course most folsk wanna see their abs, so once a year, around summer they cut dwon for about-2-3 moths, until their abs show. There really isnt a benefiet to cutting except it makes ur msucle more defined, and is good for contests, and showing off. You can not very succesfully gain muscle while cutting. This is because when you cut u have to cut calories. It is recomendd for msot folks to bulk until you get to the size u want. So for some folks a 5-10 year bulk. But for a lot of teens they care to much about seing their abs so they cut 1-2 a year, which really is a waste of time.
    "Love is a stronger emotion then hate, and I'm all about strength."
    -Big Mike (defending Celine Dion as his choice of workout music).

Yah, I kinda figured that it's hard to bulk up and not gain any fat seeing as how it comes with the muscle mass. I was however it seemed that last time I bulked up I was in fact able to tighten up and gain minimal fat. The thing is, I'm just afraid that if I bulk right now, I will look even worse when bulked and have to cut A LOT to get right.

I'm definitely able to do that workout and definitely wouldn't call myself a beginner when it comes to weights. I wish I had pictures of when I was around 210

Bump for help!